Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Air Fryers

On 28/06/2022 at 20:17, Parafox said:

Going back to this topic as we have just bought a Ninja to try and cut costs on electricity as we have an electric oven/hob. Trying sausages and chips but got really confused about whether they all go in together or where the crisping rack should go (doesn't seem to fit anywhere). Put them in together. Sausages seem cooked Chips seem browned but still raw on the inside.

It'll take a while before we do a roast, I think.

Now binning it off on FB marketplace. 

Too complex and the results were unsatisfactory and varied. We simply went back to the "traditional" methods of cooking food.

Edited by Parafox

37 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Too complex and the results were unsatisfactory and varied. We simply went back to the "traditional" methods of cooking food.

We have the 15 in 1 and we love it. Bought it last November and haven't used the oven once since. Tonight we've had a Moroccan tagine, it would have taken 2 hours in the oven but took 10 minutes in the Ninja pressure cooked. We had bbq ribs and loaded jacket potatoes last night, again so much quicker and better than done in the oven.

It did take a bit of getting used to, but I honestly wouldn't be without it now. When we have our kitchen done we're going to leave out the oven, we genuinely have no use for one now, the Ninja does everything an oven does and so much more, and better in our experience, using a fraction of the energy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Not that complex to press a button for 180 degrees and another for 15 minutes is it? 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We have the 15 in 1 and we love it. Bought it last November and haven't used the oven once since. Tonight we've had a Moroccan tagine, it would have taken 2 hours in the oven but took 10 minutes in the Ninja pressure cooked. We had bbq ribs and loaded jacket potatoes last night, again so much quicker and better than done in the oven.

It did take a bit of getting used to, but I honestly wouldn't be without it now. When we have our kitchen done we're going to leave out the oven, we genuinely have no use for one now, the Ninja does everything an oven does and so much more, and better in our experience, using a fraction of the energy.

Totally agree. I have the Foodie and, whilst I use the oven for baking bread, I otherwise rarely use it.  The Ninja is so much quicker, more flexible and energy efficient.  

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

I'd persevere if I was you. Best thing you can do in my experience (circa 8 years use) is get yourself some loaf tins/round tins (depending on drawer shape and size) and use aluminium foil to cover them. I personally use the stainless steel tins that you can buy off Amazon for about £10 (as they don't have the none stick coating which usually comes off after a few uses) and also means that you can eat out of the tin rather than waste the use of a clean bowl. They're also fine to go straight in the dishwasher without damaging them which is an added bonus. 

Treat it like you would your convection oven as that's what it essentially is but just remember that the heat element is much closer to the food so it'll burn the food if you don't cover it (hence why I use foil). 

You might need to add 5 minutes extra versus cooking without a cover but it'll still be significantly less than your standard oven and will cook your food perfectly retaining any moisture. 

I absolutely swear by ours. I have the Instant Vortex Plus Dual Air Fryer now although previously had a Philips Single Basket Air Fryer and like others above I never use our actual oven now. 

I genuinely use it to cook anything and everything. It's one of the few appliances in our kitchen I'd class as essential. Honestly once you've grasped the hang of it you'll wonder how you coped before without it. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

We gave ours to my sister-in-law last Monday to try it. It's Sunday and we have it back. 

Based on the responses and advice from you lot, we're going to try it again and try more things. Loaded Potato skins and BBQ ribs sounds nice @FoxesDeb

We also bought an air fryer recipe book a while back on Amazon but it's impossible to use as it's translated from Chinese to English in the most literal way.

And it's HILARIOUS lol

For example. Vegan wrapped mini burritos: (direct quotes from the book)

Method:

1. Preheat griddle to 350 F.

2. In a little superficial bowl, whisk together cashew, margarine, tamari, fluid smoke and water.

3. Establish all dental fillings to collect rolls.

4. Rice paper hydrating technique: have a large plate/surface prepared to fill/move wrapper

5. Hold one rice paper immersed component running trendy water.  Obtaining the two sides of wrapper damp, for only a couple of moments.

6. Get rid of from water as well as keep in mind that still company, put on a plate to fill rice paper will certainly decrease as it rests, yet.

7. will not be soft to the point that it adheres to the surface.

8. Load by putting correctings simply off from the centre, leaving sides of rice paper costfree,

9. Crease opposite sides, Plunge each layer right into cashew fluid smoke mix covering entirely. Co-ordinate carry on parchment home heating sheet.

10. Eliminate from broiler, pass on, return and keep planning for an extra 10 minutes, up until bacon is fresh. Offer warm.

Another out-take, this is for Vegan Beignets:

Heat the coconut milk up until it's cozy nevertheless awesomely sufficient that you can stick your finger in it without eating on your own.

(A little further on in the directions)...

Spray some flour over a huge getting rid of board and also mention of congratulations the blend right into a square form that has to do with 1/3 inch thick

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

We gave ours to my sister-in-law last Monday to try it. It's Sunday and we have it back. 

Based on the responses and advice from you lot, we're going to try it again and try more things. Loaded Potato skins and BBQ ribs sounds nice @FoxesDeb

We also bought an air fryer recipe book a while back on Amazon but it's impossible to use as it's translated from Chinese to English in the most literal way.

And it's HILARIOUS lol

For example. Vegan wrapped mini burritos: (direct quotes from the book)

Method:

1. Preheat griddle to 350 F.

2. In a little superficial bowl, whisk together cashew, margarine, tamari, fluid smoke and water.

3. Establish all dental fillings to collect rolls.

4. Rice paper hydrating technique: have a large plate/surface prepared to fill/move wrapper

5. Hold one rice paper immersed component running trendy water.  Obtaining the two sides of wrapper damp, for only a couple of moments.

6. Get rid of from water as well as keep in mind that still company, put on a plate to fill rice paper will certainly decrease as it rests, yet.

7. will not be soft to the point that it adheres to the surface.

8. Load by putting correctings simply off from the centre, leaving sides of rice paper costfree,

9. Crease opposite sides, Plunge each layer right into cashew fluid smoke mix covering entirely. Co-ordinate carry on parchment home heating sheet.

10. Eliminate from broiler, pass on, return and keep planning for an extra 10 minutes, up until bacon is fresh. Offer warm.

Another out-take, this is for Vegan Beignets:

Heat the coconut milk up until it's cozy nevertheless awesomely sufficient that you can stick your finger in it without eating on your own.

(A little further on in the directions)...

Spray some flour over a huge getting rid of board and also mention of congratulations the blend right into a square form that has to do with 1/3 inch thick

lol

We sometimes have to use google for the odd translations on our website where it's not possible to have the text translated professionally and I'm sure people reading parts of the site in other languages must get similar results lol

I think I've used the oven about 4 times since we got our 12L Daewoo air fryer at Christmas. (My wife used to have a Daewoo Matiz, and this is about the same size as it :giggle:). Plenty of space for three of us, and with three shelves it's not even that difficult to cook a couple of separate meals for when the lad doesn't want to eat the same as us.

Recently I bought some 9" pizza screens off of Amazon, and have even been cooking homemade pizzas in it. Do a decent job of it, too. Still a bit of a learning process, but getting on well. Chicken stays really juicy, which I've been impressed with. There's a cake setting on it, too, so I'm tempted to see how easy it is to bake in there.

Probably saving me a fortune, too.

6 hours ago, Górnik Leicester said:

I think I've used the oven about 4 times since we got our 12L Daewoo air fryer at Christmas. (My wife used to have a Daewoo Matiz, and this is about the same size as it :giggle:). Plenty of space for three of us, and with three shelves it's not even that difficult to cook a couple of separate meals for when the lad doesn't want to eat the same as us.

Recently I bought some 9" pizza screens off of Amazon, and have even been cooking homemade pizzas in it. Do a decent job of it, too. Still a bit of a learning process, but getting on well. Chicken stays really juicy, which I've been impressed with. There's a cake setting on it, too, so I'm tempted to see how easy it is to bake in there.

Probably saving me a fortune, too.

I bake cakes in mine with good results, and I find they take about 10 minutes less than the oven