Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Air Fryers

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

😂 I’d air fry my breakfast if I could so me too.

get a nice big thick slice of bread,  get a breakfast  bowl and put the flat bottom of the bowl and push it into the bread. Don’t make a whole  just push it down to make the inside flat. Crack a couple of eggs onto it then cover with a couple of slices of bacon.  190c for 10 minutes. Check after 5. Add cheese when finished , 0r 2-3 minutes before if you like it truly melted.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

get a nice big thick slice of bread,  get a breakfast  bowl and put the flat bottom of the bowl and push it into the bread. Don’t make a whole  just push it down to make the inside flat. Crack a couple of eggs onto it then cover with a couple of slices of bacon.  190c for 10 minutes. Check after 5. Add cheese when finished , 0r 2-3 minutes before if you like it truly melted.

Final step, install gastric band.

• Haha 1

I got one for Chriggy. :scarf:

I’ve rediscovered the joy of making your own chips.  I didn’t really eat chips much, but now I’m buying a bag of spuds a week.  

Peel, cut em really chunky and part boil for 10 minutes.

Drain and leave in the strainer for 5 mins so they dry off.

Into a large plastic bowl, a couple of squirts of oil, salt, ground pepper, give em a whirl around, then a bit more more salt and pepper and into the AF for 20 mins (take out and shake after 10 mins to cook evenly).

• Like 1

Had a Philips Air Fryer for about 6 years. One of the best appliances in our kitchen. Effectively a mini convection oven. Cook everything that I'd stick in a regular oven inside. Takes a little getting used to as the heating element is closer to the food than a regular convection oven so cooking times are shorter and you have to be careful not to over cook your food. I also find that it's more energy efficient and quicker to get going as pre-heating literally takes a few minutes. No need for a microwave with one of these things. 

My advice would be to invest in some metal bowls that you can decant food into and cook inside the air fryer (without the basket). Remember to cover with foil to avoid burning the food from above. Also buy the largest capacity air fryer you can find as it'll give you many more options in terms of what you can cook. 

I'm pleased to hear so many positive verdicts on them. My knowledge of air fryers was previously restricted to hearing them discussed on the Wolf and Owl podcast, which wasn't encouraging.

Really like the idea of bringing a bit of interest into food preparation without loads of effort

Me and the Mrs have talked about it. She wants an air fryer, I want an oil fryer.

Let's be honest, you can cook healthily without an air fryer, but you can't make the best beer battered onion rings you've ever tasted without a shit load of oil.

I love cooking and I'm pretty good at it, so an air fryer won't improve anything I can make, but a deep fat fryer will.

12 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Me and the Mrs have talked about it. She wants an air fryer, I want an oil fryer.

Let's be honest, you can cook healthily without an air fryer, but you can't make the best beer battered onion rings you've ever tasted without a shit load of oil.

I love cooking and I'm pretty good at it, so an air fryer won't improve anything I can make, but a deep fat fryer will.

Get an air fryer but fill it with oil when you're craving the onion rings 👍

• 4 months later...
On 18/02/2022 at 23:46, NuneatonFox1 said:

Get a Ninja. Genuinely amazing.

On 20/02/2022 at 03:36, MPH said:

half the time, quarter of the electric cost and twice the taste and crispness.

Going back to this topic as we have just bought a Ninja to try and cut costs on electricity as we have an electric oven/hob. Trying sausages and chips but got really confused about whether they all go in together or where the crisping rack should go (doesn't seem to fit anywhere). Put them in together. Sausages seem cooked Chips seem browned but still raw on the inside.

It'll take a while before we do a roast, I think.