Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Air Fryers

Thought I’d start something and see how it goes. Maybe some people can share their favorite things to cook in an air fryer oven?

i had a friend who told me to cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer.  I kid you not, I refuse to cook my drumsticks any other way now except the BBQ in summer of course. 

but they are so juicy, so tender just bursting with flavor. I can’t cook them any other way now.

what foods do you cook in your air fryer.

yeah they do nice chips/fries but they are so much more versatile than that and of course a healthy way of cooking in general

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

Thought I’d start something and see how it goes. Maybe some people can share their favorite things to cook in an air fryer oven?

i had a friend who told me to cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer.  I kid you not, I refuse to cook my drumsticks any other way now except the BBQ in summer of course. 

but they are so juicy, so tender just bursting with flavor. I can’t cook them any other way now.

what foods do you cook in your air fryer.

yeah they do nice chips/fries but they are so much more versatile than that and of course a healthy way of cooking in general

Good shout MPH, i've just purchased a Ninja AF400 & looking for ideas myself, debut was just sausage & chips which came out nice & cripsy & at the same time using the sync function

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m looking to buy an air fryer at the minute so this is good timing. Any recommendations please? 

You can get a basket one if you just want the Simples  it will work well but if your budget can stretch to a multifunctional one ( basket, trays and rotisserie) then it’s definitely worth it.

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I bought one a few years ago and i've still yet to use it. But i love chicken drumsticks so i've taken some out of the freezer to defrost and will give it a bash tonight. 

best drumsticks you’ll ever taste 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’m looking to buy an air fryer at the minute so this is good timing. Any recommendations please? 

Don’t get one.

We had a Tefal one a few years back. Wanted a healthier alternative to our deep fat fryer for chips. The air fryer just ended up steaming them rather than frying them. It went straight back to the shop.

14 minutes ago, Hollism said:

I haven’t got one of these but when it’s bbq time couldn’t you air fry them then bang them on the bbq for 5-10 minutes after for the Smokey char?

Surely you would just BBQ them from the start if you are going to the trouble of setting the BBQ up?

"Pro home cooks" is a guy on YouTube and he's obsessed with his and makes some great looking meals.

Panko crumbed, black pudding scotch egg and home made Chicken Kievs have been my biggest successes to date.

Really need to upgrade to a new bigger model as its been a game changer so far

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

"Pro home cooks" is a guy on YouTube and he's obsessed with his and makes some great looking meals.

Panko crumbed, black pudding scotch egg and home made Chicken Kievs have been my biggest successes to date.

Really need to upgrade to a new bigger model as its been a game changer so far

How do you get the garlic butter to stay inside the chicken? Whenever I've tried to make kievs it tends to leak out 

13 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Surely you would just BBQ them from the start if you are going to the trouble of setting the BBQ up?

Well I’d have thought you’d be doing burgers, sausages, etc on a barbecue. And you could air fry the drumsticks to keep all the moisture in, then char them for a bit more flavour.

If you’re having a BBQ just to do chicken, then you will have already proved yourself not bothered by how much faff is involved for the food you want lol

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

How do you get the garlic butter to stay inside the chicken? Whenever I've tried to make kievs it tends to leak out 

I usually wrap it in cling film super tight and put it in the freezer for an hour or so.

Still had leakage a couple of times so used a small amount of flour and egg to make a bit of a glue and all seemed to work fine.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Don’t get one.

We had a Tefal one a few years back. Wanted a healthier alternative to our deep fat fryer for chips. The air fryer just ended up steaming them rather than frying them. It went straight back to the shop.

did you make your own with fresh potatoes?

I use spray oil for a tiny bit of oil with chips. 

fries are better though. 

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Any particular ones?

I live in the states so I’m not 100% sure what you have available over there but something like this would work. Trays, skewers and a rotating basket would cover most of your needs

10-in-1 Air Fryer Oven, 20 Quart Airfryer Toaster Oven , 1800W Toaster Oven Air Fryer Combo, Large Air Fryers Accessories, ETL Certification https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FPK2W2J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_W56419J6V7QZYCAM2SJB

1 hour ago, MPH said:

did you make your own with fresh potatoes?

I use spray oil for a tiny bit of oil with chips. 

fries are better though. 

Yes, did all of that. Cooked for an hour, and just steamed them.

Sounds like they may be ok for anything other than chips?

2 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Yes, did all of that. Cooked for an hour, and just steamed them.

Sounds like they may be ok for anything other than chips?

I haven’t ever done chips cut straight from a potato in them. Done some lovely frozen from the bag chips in it though. I wouldn’t swap my air fryer for Any of the kitchen applianceAny of the kitchen appliance