Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

Kidderminster thrashed Kings lynn away to make it to the national league North play off finals after sneaking in the play offs right at the end coming from nowhere winning their last 6 league games including beating the champions away.  Also beat Alfreton away in the quarters.  Kidderminster finished 24 points behind Kings Lynn in the league.

They'll play Brackley in the final.  Who's opponents scored in the 11th minute of added time to take it to extra time and brackley won on pens.

Edited by purpleronnie

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

All East Midlands it is!

In another season I'd want Notts County to win, but I've got to go for my local side for this one.

Either way it should be a great final with a strong attendance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Kidderminster thrashed Kings lynn away to make it to the national league North play off finals after sneaking in the play offs right at the end coming from nowhere winning their last 6 league games including beating the champions away.  Also beat Alfreton away in the quarters.  Kidderminster finished 24 points behind Kings Lynn in the league.

They'll play Brackley in the final.  Who's opponents scored in the 11th minute of added time to take it to extra time and brackley won on pens.

Waste of a day travelling to and from Lynn for that. Should've known better as we usually bottle it. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Brackley won 1-0 over Chester 

On 04/05/2023 at 08:35, Arriba Los Zorros said:

My local team too living in Buckingham. Brackley do very well to be near the top of that division for a town of its size! Would be awesome to see them go up to conference. 

Oh yeah it’s a super club in such a small town.  Approx 15k live there I think.

I now live in Towcester (I grew up in Shepshed!) and know Buckingham well

In some ways I’m sad to say this but I’ll be gladly missing the Liverpool game on Monday so I can do the Brackley final instead.  

Can’t justify doing both as I also support the Speedway team.  I have to juggle a bit when the season overlaps, not the worst dilemma tbh.

What I love at Brackley is the community feel it has plus seeing all these new teams I’ve never seen before.

59 minutes ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

Oh yeah it’s a super club in such a small town.  Approx 15k live there I think.

I now live in Towcester (I grew up in Shepshed!) and know Buckingham well

In some ways I’m sad to say this but I’ll be gladly missing the Liverpool game on Monday so I can do the Brackley final instead.  

Can’t justify doing both as I also support the Speedway team.  I have to juggle a bit when the season overlaps, not the worst dilemma tbh.

What I love at Brackley is the community feel it has plus seeing all these new teams I’ve never seen before.

National League North is a great league!

• Like 1

On 08/05/2023 at 20:15, Tuna said:

National League North is a great league!

National League South is pretty good too. Oxford City's win last Sunday in play off semi was an intense game with a lot of quality - I am hoping for similar this Sunday v St Alban's (hopefully similar result). Both finals are on BT sport 3; I recommend watching if you have this. {Oxford's artificial pitch is better than the mud pitches before it was installed but ball does bounce unnaturally particularly if it is dry.)

For me Zac McCreachan is City's best - certainly most skilful - player (he is Josh's  younger brother) . He was previously enrolled at Jamie Vardy's academy when he was at Banbury not so long after he was released by Chelsea.

15 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

National League South is pretty good too. Oxford City's win last Sunday in play off semi was an intense game with a lot of quality - I am hoping for similar this Sunday v St Alban's (hopefully similar result). Both finals are on BT sport 3; I recommend watching if you have this. {Oxford's artificial pitch is better than the mud pitches before it was installed but ball does bounce unnaturally particularly if it is dry.)

For me Zac McCreachan is City's best - certainly most skilful - player (he is Josh's  younger brother) . He was previously enrolled at Jamie Vardy's academy when he was at Banbury not so long after he was released by Chelsea.

Nice one, don't follow the South but keep an eye on it, will be really interesting to see how Yeovil, Torquay and Maidstone get on next season if they are remaining full time.

Saw a tweet that you could watch the North final at Brackley and then the south final at Oxford as they are so close together!

Would like to see Oxford City promoted, they were ok in the north a few seasons ago with Justin Merritt as manager and haven't been in the national as far as I know, plus if they don't go up they'd likely go in the North which is not something I'm sure they'd be too happy with even with a few local games with Banbury and Brackley.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Nice one, don't follow the South but keep an eye on it, will be really interesting to see how Yeovil, Torquay and Maidstone get on next season if they are remaining full time.

Saw a tweet that you could watch the North final at Brackley and then the south final at Oxford as they are so close together!

Would like to see Oxford City promoted, they were ok in the north a few seasons ago with Justin Merritt as manager and haven't been in the national as far as I know, plus if they don't go up they'd likely go in the North which is not something I'm sure they'd be too happy with even with a few local games with Banbury and Brackley.

Logistically if there was no extra time but Brackley have been quite ‘on it’ with their ticket selling arrangements (post code had to be NN) 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What a shit time for the non league playoff final. 3pm today. 

Surely for the best coverage you put it at a time when PL isn't on? 

When would you have that over a footballing weekend, though? There are so many games on TV it'd inevitably clash with something and feel pushed about if it was in a naff slot. Saturday at 3pm suits the people *going* as well and gives the winners and losers more time to plan their respective seasons for 23/24. It's the perfect time for it imo.

• Like 1