Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Championship Season - 2022/2023

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

There's a lot of snobbery in football. I really don't buy that long ball football is rubbish to watch. I enjoy watching Luton. It's chaotic and full blooded. 

They're a small club with limited resources. So they can play how they like to get success.

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There's a lot of snobbery in football. I really don't buy that long ball football is rubbish to watch. I enjoy watching Luton. It's chaotic and full blooded. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Luton do what Blackpool did a few years back by winning a few shock games early doors and then getting found out after about Christmas. I can't see them staying up, but I equally can't see them being whipping boys.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

I hate them with a passion but its a crap away day lets be honest.

I always hated it last time we were playing at the same level.

We always took thousands but it was invariably dead from both sets of fans, the ground is miles outside of an awful city and I remember us having to get cases from the nearby Tesco or getting a drink from Frankie & Benny's because there were no decent pubs near it. It's an even worse version of the Madejski imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

They're a small club with limited resources. So they can play how they like to get success.

Anyone can play how they like to get success if they get success.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark_w said:

Anyone can play how they like to get success if they get success.

We have only ourselves to blame £100 million training centre highly paid players and Luton are in the Premier League from which we are about to depart. You could not write a better script.

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

My point is I actually quite like watching it. If it's a choice between that and watching a team pass in front of the opposition with no purpose a penetration. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My point is I actually quite like watching it. If it's a choice between that and watching a team pass in front of the opposition with no purpose a penetration. 

Fair. But I disagree. I'd rather watch teams like Brighton over Luton.

Told a few at the start of the season Edwards is a future England manager. Believe it more than ever now. 

He’s already been in the set up, he’s very similar to Southgate in the way he handles himself. 

Good luck to him in the prem! Really do think he’s going to be the next Howe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Ticket collection by blood test might put a few off.

True

They’ll turn up mob handed at our place though, will be a shock for some

Their away support has changed a lot since we last played them

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Generally that sort of play comes with being incredibly organised and leaving bodies on the line, so when you lose it's easier to swallow because you'll usually have just been done by a better team. Obviously there are better teams than us in the PL but I can't remember many times over the last few years we've lost and could reflect on it with any sense of.... pride (for the lack of a better word)