Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Championship Season - 2022/2023

Think it'll be tighter than last season at the top.

Can't see Burnley, Norwich or Watford doing a 'Fulham' this time round.

Reckon Sunderland will fare better than Rotherham and Wigan.

Dark horses to be Blackburn or Stoke.

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Think it'll be tighter than last season at the top.

Can't see Burnley, Norwich or Watford doing a 'Fulham' this time round.

Reckon Sunderland will fare better than Rotherham and Wigan.

Dark horses to be Blackburn or Stoke.

Sunderland are my dark horses. Can see them getting in or close to the play offs.

First time in a long time I don't fancy any of the relegated sides to come straight back. 

Watford were appalling and have appointed entirely the wrong manager, Norwich looked relegated from August and have no fight or identity and Burnley's finances are such that I'd back them to go down again before coming straight back.

Middlesborough and Sheffield United look reasonably well-placed but no idea thereafter. It looks such an open league that I fully expect a team to come out of nowhere like Coventry, Stoke, Blackburn, Preston or even Millwall. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2022 at 21:32, Super_horns said:

Michael Beale making the step up form assistant at Aston Villa to become manager at QPR.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/12624640/michael-beale-aston-villa-assistant-manager-set-to-become-new-qpr-boss

Ridiculously highly rated coach isn't he? Gerard basically admitted he'd have achieved naff all without him lol 

Going to be some rebuild for Kompany at Burnley.

Mee, Tarks, Lennon, Pieters, Stephens and Bardsley all left today. Also a chance that Vydra and Cork depart too after discussions.

Might be the absolute best time for someone with new ideas to come in to be fair.

They've managed to retain Barnes which will be important for a championship season.

Imagine Vinny will be calling in a few favours from Pep in the loan market!

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We’re all Bristol City right?

Nige is doing some proper Nige business this summer!

Kane Wilson from FGR is going to be a £20m right back in no time at all. Also Naismith on a free from Luton is incredible business given he plays basically every position bar goalkeeper.

They're spending a little too after saying there's no money, so you'd assume they've sold one of Massengo, Scott or Semenyo but not announced yet.

I hope he does well this season, he's ended up in the perfect place because they've allowed the poor form and acknowledged he needed to be allowed to have a massive clearout of overpriced crap. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2022 at 15:44, AjcW said:

Nige is doing some proper Nige business this summer!

Kane Wilson from FGR is going to be a £20m right back in no time at all. Also Naismith on a free from Luton is incredible business given he plays basically every position bar goalkeeper.

They're spending a little too after saying there's no money, so you'd assume they've sold one of Massengo, Scott or Semenyo but not announced yet.

I hope he does well this season, he's ended up in the perfect place because they've allowed the poor form and acknowledged he needed to be allowed to have a massive clearout of overpriced crap. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Bristol City in the Premier League. 

Ashton Gate is a lovely ground after the redevelopment and Bristol is a hell of a city for an away day. Give me them over Cov any day.

22 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Bristol City in the Premier League. 

Ashton Gate is a lovely ground after the redevelopment and Bristol is a hell of a city for an away day. Give me them over Cov any day.

It’s mad that they never have been really given the size of the city.

Also they’re in such a great area for youth catchment without much competition!

I imagine the new academy/training ground will help them with that going forwards.

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s mad that they never have been really given the size of the city.

Also they’re in such a great area for youth catchment without much competition!

I imagine the new academy/training ground will help them with that going forwards.

One of football's great underachievers really. Mad that neither they nor Rovers have ever been anything close to a big club, and City's owner is minted as well. 

• Like 2

On 10/06/2022 at 15:34, AjcW said:

Going to be some rebuild for Kompany at Burnley.

Mee, Tarks, Lennon, Pieters, Stephens and Bardsley all left today. Also a chance that Vydra and Cork depart too after discussions.

Might be the absolute best time for someone with new ideas to come in to be fair.

They've managed to retain Barnes which will be important for a championship season.

Imagine Vinny will be calling in a few favours from Pep in the loan market!

Cole Palmer would be a good get if they could bag him on loan for the season.

• Like 1

Vinnie confirmed new Burnley manager.

In the most Burnley turn of events possible, their first none British/Irish manager.... ever lol 

I bet there delighted he's got a bit of a Manc twang lol 

Think this one could go one of two ways, a great chance for a 'new burnley' given he needs about ten new players..... or it's too much of a rebuild and style change and they stay in the champ for some time.

Its a gamble for both. But good to see he's happy to give a job in the championship a go. I'm leaning more to the sacked by Christmas side to be honest, for no particular reason. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson at Blackburn too. Bet you didn't expect to have them two managers in the dugout for the derby matches..

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Vinnie confirmed new Burnley manager.

In the most Burnley turn of events possible, their first none British/Irish manager.... ever lol 

I bet there delighted he's got a bit of a Manc twang lol 

Think this one could go one of two ways, a great chance for a 'new burnley' given he needs about ten new players..... or it's too much of a rebuild and style change and they stay in the champ for some time.

I still think they'll fall straight through the leagues (or come damn close) 

I think the owner their will asset strip and leave that club absolutely ruined in the next couple of years. Their squad was basically a top half championship team last season. Can't imagine they'll strengthen a great deal. The fact that they owe £60 odd million to a creditor by the end of the season is mental.

I imagine Kompany is coming on a fairly low wage, it'll give the appearance of "ambition" to try and placate the fans over the summer. Then he's got 12 months to get his money out of the club and flip it.

Incredibly cynical I know :D