Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

Matt O'Riley

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I always thought he looked at his best when he played for Melbourne City (I think?) when he absolutely ran the show at times. 

One of the best Aussie players in some time I guess?

I’m a Melbourne City season ticket holder, the teams he played in were so fun to watch and yeah definitely was the best midfielder in the league at the time. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2022 at 13:40, AKCJ said:

We've continued to collect players like Praet, Perez, Bertrand, Vestergard and Soumare that havent' been good enough on a big wage for relatively long contracts. Who other clubs won't want to pay money for and will just leave on a free, taking a space in the squad.

Soumare will leave on a free????

Praet won’t leave on a free either.

3 hours ago, ACF said:

I’m a Melbourne City season ticket holder, the teams he played in were so fun to watch and yeah definitely was the best midfielder in the league at the time. 

That’s one on my bucket list mate. To watch the Melbourne Derby

👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Could be nonsense but heard this morning Leicester are prepared to offer us £17.5m for O'Riley if Spurs buy Maddison. As good a player as he is I'd be inclined to take the money for him tbh given we paid £1.5m for him in January. 

The latter part is obviously just speculation and almost certainly rubbish. Madders isn't going anywhere and nobody knows who we are and aren't selling at the moment. 

But that could very well be our valuation of O'Riley and we've had a credible source confirm he's on our list of possibles. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The latter part is obviously just speculation and almost certainly rubbish. Madders isn't going anywhere and nobody knows who we are and aren't selling at the moment. 

But that could very well be our valuation of O'Riley and we've had a credible source confirm he's on our list of possibles. 

Yeah hence the "could be nonsense" caveat, just passing on what I heard.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Muzzy_Larsson does O'Riley have the skill set to play as an inverted RW/roaming 10? I can see why we may want him.

.....just going through the YouTube reels, he looks more like someone who can take over the Tielemans role!!!

Looking to release players from deep, looks after the ball well, very accurate long passes, but much better when slipping forwards in with the ball on the ground. He is a bit like Madders without the frills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....just going through the YouTube reels, he looks more like someone who can take over the Tielemans role!!!

Looking to release players from deep, looks after the ball well, very accurate long passes, but much better when slipping forwards in with the ball on the ground. He is a bit like Madders without the frills.

I can see why you may think that but it's a hard one to tell, he's never played that deep role and his strengths are scoring, assisting and creating, I'm not sure how suited he'd be to being a playmaker who has to dictate the tempo as one of the few criticisms of him thus far is that he can drop out the game at times. He's still young of course so would hope/expect that disipates as he develops. As you allude to Maddison is the more apt comparison I reckon.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2