Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Assassin's Creed

Quite a big showcase from them this evening, revealing their roadmap for the next few years

Free Valhalla DLC in 2022

Mirage out in 2023

Live Action AC series on Netflix

AC Codename Red set in Feudal Japan (surprised it has taken them this long to do it)

AC Codename Hexe that apparently looks like it might be set in Germany during witch hunts

AC Infinity which is a hub to somehow connect all the games together

- Assassin's Creed Mirage: coming 2023. - 2 new AAA games - A new mobile title - The end of Eivor's story 2022

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

And here I was thinking this copy and paste ubisoft open world game was getting a bit samey after 10 copy and paste games, given all the far crys and all their other open world games follow a near identical formula, announcing a slate of identical games at the same time has certainly showed me. In all seriousness not enjoyed an open world ubisoft game since far cry 4, by the end of that I was just done with the checklist fetch quest nature of Ubisoft. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Mirage I'm slightly interested in as it seems they're throwing a bone to people like me who broadly enjoy the series but can't really be arsed with the bloated grindfests that are the three recent RPGs. That said, it supposedly began life as a Valhalla DLC and if that's the foundation they're building it upon then the combat and parkour are probably still going to be shit, even if the smaller scale and focus on stealth means there's less of it to slog through.

I think i'm in a minority amongst AC fans... Couldn't get into Black Flag. Absolutely loved Origins (possibly to the point where it's one of my all time favourite games), and i'm currently enjoying Valhalla (Don't have too much choice, its my only game on the PS5 at the moment.

Edited by TiffToff88

18 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I think i'm in a minority amongst AC fans... Couldn't get into Black Flag. Absolutely loved Origins (possibly to the point where it's one of my all time favourite games), and i'm currently enjoying Valhalla (Don't have too much choice, its my only game on the PS5 at the moment.

I also couldnt get into Black Flag. Loved Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. Odyssey for me is the better game solely for the Spartan Kick ability. 

On 12/09/2022 at 10:34, RoboFox said:

They've struggled to match the quality of Black Flag. Tried the next couple I think but gave up and haven't even bothered since. I can't keep up TBH. 

Objectively, definitely not. Origins and Odyssey are superb games. Valhalla less so but still a great game. Even Black Flag was considerably less 'Assassin's Creedy' but do get that people preferred the older style.

Sounds like they actually plan to mix things up with some new entries that follow the more recent RPG's and then some that are back to their roots, which should be much shorter games. Interested to see where they end up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 10:34, RoboFox said:

They've struggled to match the quality of Black Flag. Tried the next couple I think but gave up and haven't even bothered since. I can't keep up TBH. 

Try AC Rogue.

At the moment I would say the story of the main protagonist is better than Black Flag even if the gameplay is pretty much the same.

I've just gone back to it having never played it.  Along with Freedom Cry it's the only one I haven't done.  I'm enjoying it.  It's more old school and the controls are as you'd expect for the older games, but then charm is still there unlike the new rinse and repeat formula across a huge scale which the bigger games have become.

I hope Mirage is small scale, like really small scale.  I want an up-to-date take (less clunky controls, fluid gameplay, decent graphics on a par with HFW) on the originals all contained in a small sandbox scenario.  

14 hours ago, Sly said:

What’s the running order on these? 

I haven’t played an AC game since the first one. :D

Are they worth it? Do they all

follow on? 

The main story does follow on. However if you aren't interested in the overall story surrounding the Animus and just want to play the game then it doesnt really matter. Odyssey is my fave

17 hours ago, Sly said:

What’s the running order on these? 

I haven’t played an AC game since the first one. :D

Are they worth it? Do they all

follow on? 

Start with the Ezio collection.  Then AC3, black flag, Rogue, unity, syndicate in that order.  Then do Origins and Odyssey followed by the slogfest known as Valhalla.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm roughly at 50% through AC Rogue now.  It has me hooked.  Everything about it is excellent so far.  Lisbon was well done.  None of the side missions feel like filler and some of them require quite a bit of skill to pull off undetected.  Feels like a proper assassins title.  The sea faring is brilliant and there appears to be less of a grind in comparison to Black Flag with all things on the sea.  The map sizes are fairly small scale but are varied which makes it all the less overwhelming to deal with.  I will look to pull off the platinum but the conditions on certain main sequences are a little tricky to get 100%.  There's no way to go back to earlier memories until later on it seems.  There's also the option for different costumes so I've gone with Arno's for now.  :thumbup:

General consensus on it seems to be that it's underrated.  I would have to agree.  Pre Origins I would have it in my top 3 if it continues like this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2022 at 12:04, dmayne7 said:

Objectively, definitely not. Origins and Odyssey are superb games. Valhalla less so but still a great game. Even Black Flag was considerably less 'Assassin's Creedy' but do get that people preferred the older style.

Sounds like they actually plan to mix things up with some new entries that follow the more recent RPG's and then some that are back to their roots, which should be much shorter games. Interested to see where they end up.

OK, so yeah I've downloaded Odyssey for a second crack at it and I've been totally sucked in. Maybe didn't give it much of a chance the first time around simply because I didn't really get on with the newly introduced RPG elements (I missed Origins completely) and I didn't like the damage sponge nature of some of the early enemies, but with a bit of persistence I can see why people regard it so highly.

It's overwhelmingly massive though. lol

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

OK, so yeah I've downloaded Odyssey for a second crack at it and I've been totally sucked in. Maybe didn't give it much of a chance the first time around simply because I didn't really get on with the newly introduced RPG elements (I missed Origins completely) and I didn't like the damage sponge nature of some of the early enemies, but with a bit of persistence I can see why people regard it so highly.

It's overwhelmingly massive though. lol

Damage sponge?  You'll love Medusa lol

AC Rogue is coming along nicely, I'm at 80% total sync now and clearing up bits and pieces before finishing off the main story.  Enjoyable game, hope Mirage is a similar game size wise.  

22 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Damage sponge?  You'll love Medusa lol

AC Rogue is coming along nicely, I'm at 80% total sync now and clearing up bits and pieces before finishing off the main story.  Enjoyable game, hope Mirage is a similar game size wise.  

Medusa still gives me nightmares lol 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep seeing articles about the past 2-3 games being too big and taking too long, but I disagree. I love a game where the storyline lasts a long time. As I've said before in here, Origins and Valhalla are 2 of my all time favourite games. And I thing a big part of that are because the main story lasts a long time. Whats wrong with getting value for money?

I couldn't name any single game from any franchise at the moment where it isn't a proper slog fest to get 100% and every trophy but who cares as long as the storyline is quality??

Edited by TiffToff88