Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Assassin's Creed

On 27/11/2022 at 00:06, TiffToff88 said:

I keep seeing articles about the past 2-3 games being too big and taking too long, but I disagree. I love a game where the storyline lasts a long time. As I've said before in here, Origins and Valhalla are 2 of my all time favourite games. And I thing a big part of that are because the main story lasts a long time. Whats wrong with getting value for money?

I couldn't name any single game from any franchise at the moment where it isn't a proper slog fest to get 100% and every trophy but who cares as long as the storyline is quality??

HZD and HFW?  :thumbup:

Still looking forward to Mirage.  I hope it's like the original game.  I'd take a small sandbox over the counties of England all day long.  (And Medusa)  lol

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Currently playing Origins on Steamdeck.

Runs beautifully.

Great gameplay- haven't played a story line like it. ..   but this is my first AC title since Black Flag was first released

For me it's the best one of the series. Enjoy! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

What order would be recommended to play these in? I played the early ones on PS3 with Ezio but of the new ones have only completed Valhala on my ps5 as it was a new game out and wanted to test the graphics. Is there a specific order or can i play them randomly

2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

What order would be recommended to play these in? I played the early ones on PS3 with Ezio but of the new ones have only completed Valhala on my ps5 as it was a new game out and wanted to test the graphics. Is there a specific order or can i play them randomly

AC3, Black Flag, Rogue and Unity are all tied in together.  Do those in that order.  The ending of Rogue is brilliant at setting up Unity.  Syndicate.  Then Origins and Odyssey.  Will take you many hours to get through all of those though. lol

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

AC3, Black Flag, Rogue and Unity are all tied in together.  Do those in that order.  The ending of Rogue is brilliant at setting up Unity.  Syndicate.  Then Origins and Odyssey.  Will take you many hours to get through all of those though. lol

I will make a note to listen out for his reviews when it is transmitted to my brain automatically whilst in my flying car lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Can you play origins and odyssey in any order?  

Yes but it makes sense to play them in the order of their release to follow the "fairly weak" overarching present day storyline which continues from one to the next and then into Valhalla.  

Decent present day AC finished after AC 3 though imo.  

The present day story line in AC Valhalla is extremely far fetched.

• 6 months later...
17 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Who's getting Mirage on release? Just over a week away now.

I've got it pre-ordered for £33. Considering it still looks like a fully fleshed game, even if a bit shorter (maybe that's just by Ubisoft standards!). I've seen almost no coverage about it so looking forward to going in fairly blind. Just a shame that Basim is the protagonist when you know what kind of character he is already. If it's decent, it gives hope that they could blend gameplay styles for potential remakes of AC1 and the AC2 games.

Looking forward to going back the roots a bit more as well. Totally get why people don't like Origins or Odyssey (which just gets better as I look back on it) as AC games but they're excellent games. Valhalla completely lost its way for me though it's objectively still an 8 out of 10 game.

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I've got it pre-ordered for £33. Considering it still looks like a fully fleshed game, even if a bit shorter (maybe that's just by Ubisoft standards!). I've seen almost no coverage about it so looking forward to going in fairly blind. Just a shame that Basim is the protagonist when you know what kind of character he is already. If it's decent, it gives hope that they could blend gameplay styles for potential remakes of AC1 and the AC2 games.

Looking forward to going back the roots a bit more as well. Totally get why people don't like Origins or Odyssey (which just gets better as I look back on it) as AC games but they're excellent games. Valhalla completely lost its way for me though it's objectively still an 8 out of 10 game.

I'm tempted by the game, the last AC game I played was Black Flag.

Edited by sharpylcfc

2 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

I'm tempted by the game, the last AC game I played was Black Flag.

Definitely missing out then. I'd recommend all the mainline games since then, with the exception of Valhalla as it's way too easy and a bit soulless. Origins and Odyssey are excellent albeit it quite different but worth a go. Unity was a bit of a technical mess but was still fun and Syndicate was a victim of the fatigue. I didn't play it until a couple of years after it game out and was surprised that it was actually very good.

Still, this game will probably be quite short but a good modern take on the older style of game.

32 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Definitely missing out then. I'd recommend all the mainline games since then, with the exception of Valhalla as it's way too easy and a bit soulless. Origins and Odyssey are excellent albeit it quite different but worth a go. Unity was a bit of a technical mess but was still fun and Syndicate was a victim of the fatigue. I didn't play it until a couple of years after it game out and was surprised that it was actually very good.

Still, this game will probably be quite short but a good modern take on the older style of game.

Spartan kicking enemies off of high places never got boring in Odyssey 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope this is delivers a bit of a refresh.

Origins, amazing

Oddysey, also amazing but same formula and slightly more developed

Valhalla, as above but my fatigue at the format prevented me even finishing it. 

Edited by Zear0