Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

I'm A Celebrity... 2022

I’m also surprised he wasn’t out first, but having seen a fair amount of the series, I have some theories about how Hancock has lasted this long:

- He’s done well at the trials while others have been bad at them - in fact some others have looked very wet and haven’t particularly tried.

- He’s come across as wanting to do well for people and doesn’t complain about others. He comes across a bit weird at times - as I’ve said before on here I think he might be on the autism spectrum - but he’s taken to the practical idea of what the trials and tasks are all about. Being practical and getting on with things always goes down well on this show.

- Some of those who have been bad at the trials have bitched about him, despite being in no position within the context of the show to do so.

- Finally, and I honestly think this is the main reason, there will be a lot of people out there who will have thought:

“I’ve seen what’s been written about him; I’ve seen how hated he is in some quarters, and how people are telling me, angrily, that I should hate him; now I will judge him for myself on this show. And you know what? He doesn’t complain, he’s not bitching about others, he tries hard with his camp mates, he does well at the trials; I quite like the man that I see for myself.”

You can say that he doesn’t deserve it or whatever, but I think people are simply judging as they find, by what their own eyes tell them rather than how vociferous people in the media and online say they should judge.

I’m not saying that he should be in there as a sitting MP and with his past. He’s definitely lacking in perception of others. He is also very clearly in there for a reason beyond the challenge of it, wants to do well and probably win. He says he wants forgiveness, although I’m not convinced he knows what for. You can say that he’s there to self-promote, and that his ego will get a boost it really doesn’t need from how long he’s lasted. But I think it’s very hard not to be yourself in the I’m A Celeb camp, which is ultimately a big reason why the show has lasted as long as it has. There are undoubtedly added layers and complications outside of the camp and I’m sure Matt Hancock MP will get justifiably smacked with criticism on his return. But I’m pretty convinced that “Matt” is how you see him, and that’s what people have been voting for.

• Like 1

It's also quite complicated if you want him out - as much as it's seen as a once in a lifetime experience, it's also obviously very difficult, time away from your family etc. If you want to see him suffer do you keep him in there, or do you get him out so that he's done less to earn his 400k? lol

45 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’m also surprised he wasn’t out first, but having seen a fair amount of the series, I have some theories about how Hancock has lasted this long:

- He’s done well at the trials while others have been bad at them - in fact some others have looked very wet and haven’t particularly tried.

- He’s come across as wanting to do well for people and doesn’t complain about others. He comes across a bit weird at times - as I’ve said before on here I think he might be on the autism spectrum - but he’s taken to the practical idea of what the trials and tasks are all about. Being practical and getting on with things always goes down well on this show.

- Some of those who have been bad at the trials have bitched about him, despite being in no position within the context of the show to do so.

- Finally, and I honestly think this is the main reason, there will be a lot of people out there who will have thought:

“I’ve seen what’s been written about him; I’ve seen how hated he is in some quarters, and how people are telling me, angrily, that I should hate him; now I will judge him for myself on this show. And you know what? He doesn’t complain, he’s not bitching about others, he tries hard with his camp mates, he does well at the trials; I quite like the man that I see for myself.”

You can say that he doesn’t deserve it or whatever, but I think people are simply judging as they find, by what their own eyes tell them rather than how vociferous people in the media and online say they should judge.

I’m not saying that he should be in there as a sitting MP and with his past. He’s definitely lacking in perception of others. He is also very clearly in there for a reason beyond the challenge of it, wants to do well and probably win. He says he wants forgiveness, although I’m not convinced he knows what for. You can say that he’s there to self-promote, and that his ego will get a boost it really doesn’t need from how long he’s lasted. But I think it’s very hard not to be yourself in the I’m A Celeb camp, which is ultimately a big reason why the show has lasted as long as it has. There are undoubtedly added layers and complications outside of the camp and I’m sure Matt Hancock MP will get justifiably smacked with criticism on his return. But I’m pretty convinced that “Matt” is how you see him, and that’s what people have been voting for.

This, I think, is key. Never underestimate the power of people being told, angrily, that they should think a certain way and then instinctively taking the opposite view. It’s basic human psychology. 

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Agreed he doesn't bring anything to the show, he's getting the youth vote.

Young gals voting for him, cause they fancy him. I'm starting to think Hancock voting is fixed, after the covid scandal find it hard for the British public to suddenly warm to him. I'm hoping Jill can win such a lovely down to earth girl. For what her and and England ladies gave us back in the summer she deserves this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Outstanding tongue action from Jill in the final tbf. 

Just happy it was anyone other than Matt. Reading his PR team running a campaign to get him to win the thing was eye-watering levels of pathetic. 

Did anyone notice at the ending when all I'm a celeb contestants returned. Matt was no where to be seen? 

Not into politics, not a fan of the Tories and did find Hancocks face punchable during the ‘covid briefings’. Also only dipped in and out of this series of IACGMOOH.

But, I find the faux outrage nauseating. 

- He cheated on his Mrs. So did Seann Walsh who was in it. Yes nobody should do that. He is still with her so at least it was not just a ‘fling’. It was wrong but not a reason to target him.

- In the process of doing the above, broken covid rules. Should have known better but so did loads of people. I haven’t the energy to hold that against anyone now despite following the guidance myself.

- Left his constituency. Probably not the most sensible thing but simpletons making it sound like the constituents are just left with nothing happening. Do people not realise that they have big teams working there and things will still happen. Probably the people who think when they contact their MP about the neighbours cat crapping on their lawn that the reply is actually sent by the MP him/herself!

Basically get over it and judge what you see on the show. The other contestants behaviour towards him on the bits I saw riled me more!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

It was all a bit lovey dovey for me, give me a jungle with Katie Hopkins, Grayson Perry and Dizzie Rascal then we're cooking!

Yeah there's definitely been standout, disruptive celebrities in the older series' which i'm sure they try and avoid these days. Think it needs to revert back to how it used to be, I remember it used to be two camps for a good 3 or 4 days, overnight tasks, jail lol Seems too easy now if anything

• Like 1