Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Southgate In !

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

England beat a very poor Welsh team  all of a sudden Southgate is a genius. Rashford scores & he is now top class.  I'm shocked at how quickly we forget how wank Southgate  and his boys have been.

Hope springs eternal !!

This year yes, but the last two tournaments he has guided the team to a semi and a final… so using the term wank might be a little bit OTT

23 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This year yes, but the last two tournaments he has guided the team to a semi and a final… so using the term wank might be a little bit OTT

and with the run-in we had in both tournaments, we should have at least got to the final in both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

England beat a very poor Welsh team  all of a sudden Southgate is a genius. Rashford scores & he is now top class.  I'm shocked at how quickly we forget how wank Southgate  and his boys have been.

Hope springs eternal !!

I'd be very interested to see your sources for people who didn't like southgate and all of a sudden called him a genius after the wales match

It shocks me the last time we were disappointed by Southgate was two years ago. I’m shocked that there was a break in between because I don’t feel like the disappointment ever stopped. I’m disappointed that this is the same flavour of disappointment when I at least want bit of variation in my disappointment. Anyway, hopefully we’ll beat Senegal and then we can celebrate the glorious victory.

• Haha 1

On 30/11/2022 at 16:51, glenny_fox said:

and with the run-in we had in both tournaments, we should have at least got to the final in both.

I see this banded about but are we forgetting how bad previous England managers were at getting results against sides we 'should' be beating? Beating teams or at least not losing to teams that we 'should' be beating shouldn't be taken for granted. 

Who would want to be England manager? Its the most heavily scrutinised job in the country, genuinely more so than the Prime Minister.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Who would want to be England manager?

Count me in !!! ...   get paid loads of dosh ...  spend most of your time watching football matches ...   wait till the media tell you who you should pick then pick them ..  get a couple of decent coaches to run round all day and keep the players on their toes ..  go all over the world for nowt .. only actually work now and then when it's the Euros or the World cup ...   and ..  when its all over do the rounds on the speeches circuit for a few bob and get a free meal and all you can drink and then appear on I'm a celebrity and temporarily hitch up with some stunning young female contestant ..     whooaaa !! ...  :thumbup:

Southgate is our man…

Hastings, la Brossiniere, Agincourt Trafalgar & Waterloo, all in one..

Time for our arrows & bows to be gleamed & trimmed,time for musket & cannon

to be have a good bristling…

Time for Bellingham,Foden,Rice,Henderson to go where few Englishman have tread..

On 30/11/2022 at 16:22, gurru991 said:

Hope springs eternal !!

Quite agree.  Lets see how things look when we have played a half decent team - all the opposition so far have been pretty average.

Same goes for the previous tournaments - we looked good against the average teams, but went out as soon as we played anyone decent.

16 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Nothing to say on the topic, I just like the way the 'out' and 'in' threads keep swapping places on the page so I'm making them do it again.

That was my aim...

In..out..shake it all about..

• Like 1