Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc098

Newcastle (A) Quarter Final

10 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Well that won't be the end of the email exchange. But for arguments sake, she might very quickly search my email address and see a booking history? Or at the very least ask Customer Ref number (or whatever the 6 digit number is). All pretty simple. Instead, I should spend my time fighting this? And more broadly, why should Joe Bloggs who doesn't want to kick up a fuss miss out due to the club trying to rinse another £30 out of you? It's not on.

LOL mate I would love to live in a world you describe but surely you know that is not the case for any company. Why would a living wage employee who will not get paid any commission on ticket sales do any extra work when it is so much easier to follow company policy and go home early whilst making the minimum possible effort. If you actually want to go to the game get on the phone and make an effort, if they still reject you then you have a right to whine about it. I think this should be open to anyone with booking history, you can see why they and Newcastle don't want it on general as its sold out

34 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

LOL mate I would love to live in a world you describe but surely you know that is not the case for any company. Why would a living wage employee who will not get paid any commission on ticket sales do any extra work when it is so much easier to follow company policy and go home early whilst making the minimum possible effort. If you actually want to go to the game get on the phone and make an effort, if they still reject you then you have a right to whine about it. I think this should be open to anyone with booking history, you can see why they and Newcastle don't want it on general as its sold out

My world? Sorry, I don't understand what your point is. Why would phoning offer a different level of customer service to emailing? 

Nevertheless, we're coming at this from different angles. You seem to be happy to play the game to get to the end result. However, my gripe is that these hoops shouldn't be there in the first place. I am well aware of how to get a ticket and clearly there will be folks on here selling theirs, but that isn't the point. For what it's worth, by General Sale I meant 'with a booking history'. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

My world? Sorry, I don't understand what your point is. Why would phoning offer a different level of customer service to emailing? 

Nevertheless, we're coming at this from different angles. You seem to be happy to play the game to get to the end result. However, my gripe is that these hoops shouldn't be there in the first place. I am well aware of how to get a ticket and clearly there will be folks on here selling theirs, but that isn't the point. For what it's worth, by General Sale I meant 'with a booking history'. 

Not your world, a world. I've never come across customer service people putting in any extra effort, and i can't blame them. 

I agree with you, I am not going and could buy you a ticket now. but it's not the point. Anyone with a booking history and proven to be a City fan should be able to go to this game of their own accord. We were never going to take many more than 1k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not your world, a world. I've never come across customer service people putting in any extra effort, and i can't blame them. 

I think that's a bit harsh.       It all depends on the individual and their empathy/professional pride.   I've come across plenty of customer service people who have been helpful over and above their job description.    I've also come across plenty of rubbish ones as well.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've reluctantly bought a membership to go to this and get some booking history since it will probably be ID against name on the ticket job for all matches the way thing are going with football in the near future.

Edited by Nalis

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2023/01/leicester-fans-embarrassment-struggling-to-sell-a-thousand-tickets-for-newcastle-united-quarter-final/

Our spare blocks being sent back to Newcastle for general sale. Much to their delight and amusement.

2 May 2016 renders any amusement them or any other half baked Twitter club has meaningless. They’d love to be us. 

6 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

They are right though. Taking less than a 1000 fans to a cup quarter final is an embarrassment. Our fans acting like we’re Man City who are going to be in semi finals and finals every year. 

Rather be an embarrassment whilst understanding we are a local club, with working class fans, who are presumably struggling and cannot spaff £100 on three away games in a row, than one of the big 6 or Leeds/Newcastle who can seat fill with tourists or banter lads there for Instagram reels. You shouldn't let what people say on social media sites bother you, fans of 86 league clubs would love to be us. Respect to anyone travelling up there next Tuesday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Rather be an embarrassment whilst understanding we are a local club, with working class fans, who are presumably struggling and cannot spaff £100 on three away games in a row, than one of the big 6 or Leeds/Newcastle who can seat fill with tourists or banter lads there for Instagram reels. You shouldn't let what people say on social media sites bother you, fans of 86 league clubs would love to be us. Respect to anyone travelling up there next Tuesday

I’m pretty sure majority of Newcastles away end would be geordies and Leeds end would be local to Yorkshire. It’s not like they’ve won anything recently to have a lot of tourists join them? They’re just better fanbases than us. FairPlay to them 

3 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

I’m pretty sure majority of Newcastles away end would be geordies and Leeds end would be local to Yorkshire. It’s not like they’ve won anything recently to have a lot of tourists join them? They’re just better fanbases than us. FairPlay to them 

Yes definitely fair play to them for sure, many locals. Much like Rangers though I have heard of lots of banter boys from Surrey or Doncaster etc going to Leeds and Newcastle away ends to take videos for Instagram. I get the impression they could seat fill as there is no end of supply of anxious and lonely mid 20s young lads trying to justify their existence to freaks online.

But overall yes they are both bigger clubs than us with many more fans. Good thing it's only a competition on the pitch and we should celebrate those going not have a go at our own who justifiably haven't got endless pots of money for away games

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes definitely fair play to them for sure, many locals. Much like Rangers though I have heard of lots of banter boys from Surrey or Doncaster etc going to Leeds and Newcastle away ends to take videos for Instagram. I get the impression they could seat fill as there is no end of supply of anxious and lonely mid 20s young lads trying to justify their existence to freaks online.

But overall yes they are both bigger clubs than us with many more fans. Good thing it's only a competition on the pitch and we should celebrate those going not have a go at our own who justifiably haven't got endless pots of money for away games

Not being funny but if you want to talk about Instagram videos and social media points our fans are the worst for that. Will give it all in the concourse before the game getting the videos for their twitter and become mute once they step into the stand. At least at newcastle and Leeds the “instagram lads” make some noise which is all that matters no? 

22 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Have they told you why? Have you got a booking history, tell them you are on the system as a fan so should be considered 'safe'. Have you told them you, or anyone else, can easily get a ticket off Twitter without being an STH and what is their response? Seems like an odd policy in this circumstance, worth pushing your case 

Because they want a "relationship" (IE money) from everyone who's buying tickets so they can keep an eye on everyone. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

What a club.

Screenshot_20230105_141029_Gmail.jpg

The club treat anyone who isn't already on their system as a potential hooligan. They'd rather spaff a once-in-a-generation opportunity to ensure everyone in Leicestershire actually supports their local team up the wall than give even a single seat to anyone they don't know about already. It's barmy.

51 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Newcastle/Leeds have massive fan bases and their fans are all over the Country. It's no different to Man Utd, there are Newcastle/Leeds fans that aren't even from the areas.

I do agree that our turn out will be a bit embrassing, we haven't shifted many tickets so far, though the club could do more to help. I am going to Newcastle for this game, and I'll be there for the league fixture to later in the season when we will take the full allocation. But the games are so different. This one is a night game, we've just had Christmas, we've got two other away games either side (one being another long trip to Gillingham).

But that article is just embarrassing. Taking piss out of another fan base for not selling out. Newcastle fans think they're massive just because they can fill 50,0000 stadium. Big wow. One club City with no other big club nearby. Can't stand them and hope they continue to win fvck all.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Not being funny but if you want to talk about Instagram videos and social media points our fans are the worst for that. Will give it all in the concourse before the game getting the videos for their twitter and become mute once they step into the stand. At least at newcastle and Leeds the “instagram lads” make some noise which is all that matters no? 

Fair enough i will give you that on our fans, i have increasingly noticed that. To me making noise isn't all that matters but i understand why it can be seen as that. Anyway fair play to Newcastle, they're a huge club with masses of fans and i have no ill feelings towards them. Likewise the fact you are travelling up to Newcastle on a Tuesday in January literally makes you a better fan than me, as I cannot justify the time/cost for it, as I said massive respect to you and the others for the effort.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who cares how many fans we take. Away numbers as a barometer of "support" is proper 2012 Facebook behaviour. 

It’s not the fact of “oh we have 5000 fans” it’s the fact that majority of our “fans” complain they can’t get tickets for all of the big games but don’t want to go to a quarter final because it’s on a weekday and a bit of a distance? lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Newcastle/Leeds have massive fan bases and their fans are all over the Country. It's no different to Man Utd, there are Newcastle/Leeds fans that aren't even from the areas.

I do agree that our turn out will be a bit embrassing, we haven't shifted many tickets so far, though the club could do more to help. I am going to Newcastle for this game, and I'll be there for the league fixture to later in the season when we will take the full allocation. But the games are so different. This one is a night game, we've just had Christmas, we've got two other away games either side (one being another long trip to Gillingham).

But that article is just embarrassing. Taking piss out of another fan base for not selling out. Newcastle fans think they're massive just because they can fill 50,0000 stadium. Big wow. One club City with no other big club nearby. Can't stand them and hope they continue to win fvck all.

We are also a one club city 

3 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

It’s not the fact of “oh we have 5000 fans” it’s the fact that majority of our “fans” complain they can’t get tickets for all of the big games but don’t want to go to a quarter final because it’s on a weekday and a bit of a distance? lol

What remains of our hardcore will be doing Notts and Gillingham, in January people have more important things to be spending their money on. The trippers won't go because it's midweek, that's the same pretty much wherever/whenever. 

Like I say who cares. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What remains of our hardcore will be doing Notts and Gillingham, in January people have more important things to be spending their money on. The trippers won't go because it's midweek, that's the same pretty much wherever/whenever. 

Like I say who cares. 

Doesn't bother me tbh, just making the point. Hopefully makes for a better end without all of the day trippers

13 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

We are also a one club city 

Yeah but we are in an area of other big clubs - consider that Derby/Nottingham both have professional, historical, successful football clubs - that's not even considering Aston Villa, less than an hour away, who also have a massive fanbase similar to a top 6 club.

Newcastle have no other big club, aside from Sunderland, near them. But nobody in Newcastle is gonna support Sunderland due to the hatred. Middlesbrough is then nearly another hour away from Newcastle. Then who's the next big club after that, near them? Leeds? A Manchester club?

Plus we aren't as big as Newcaslte/Leeds in terms of population. Newcastle is probably more than double the size of Leicester and Leeds is the fourth biggest City in the Country.

Our away support numbers have been very good since we got promoted in 2014.  (the "quality" of the support hasn't always been quite as good as we'd like, but that's a separate issue!).

In the 6 times we've played Newcastle away in the league since 2014 (excluding the covid 0 away fans in 2020-21), we've averaged about 2930.    And 3 of those were live on TV, so that's pretty decent.   The only other one was the League Cup 2nd round night match in 2019-20, when we took about 1000.

This match has unfortunately just hit the worst of all combinations:
 - Long way away.
 - Most people struggling for £'s in early January.
 - Sandwiched between Gillingham and Forest away matches.
 - No public transport back.
 - Live on Sky.
 - Everyone's been to St James Park and bored of the place (compare to the 6500 that went to MK last month for most a new ground).
 - One of the worst away sections stuck up in the heavens.
 - The club refusing to sell to anyone except ST holders and members.
 - Current general downbeat mood, injuries galore and generally playing the most mind-numbingly tedious boring football.
 - Just been stuffed at home by Newcastle and who are absolutely flying.

Even with a list of excuses, it's still going to be a bit embarrassing only taking 1000 to a Quarter Final.  But fair play to those making the journey, and hopefully we can get past this hurdle and maybe some optimism will return.

• Like 4