Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc098

Newcastle (A) Quarter Final

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I reckon about 870.   4 open blocks capacity approx 1087.  216  tickets left.   The club seem to be adding a few more tickets into the lower tier block today.

Apologies.  My calculation was 60 out.   We've sold about 930  so far.    (Initial 4 blocks capacity approx 1150, with approx 220 left at the mo)

Edited by worth_the_wait

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Apologies.  My calculation was 60 out.   We've sold about 930  so far.    (Initial 4 blocks capacity approx 1150, with approx 220 left at the mo)

Considering we sold just over 800 for Warsaw away (Which would have entailed around £100 in Covid tests without even factoring in travel costs), just under 1,000 for a domestic cup quarter final is crazy.

7 hours ago, Atheonseye said:

Considering we sold just over 800 for Warsaw away (Which would have entailed around £100 in Covid tests without even factoring in travel costs), just under 1,000 for a domestic cup quarter final is crazy.

Sign of the times. As others have pointed out, three away games in the space of a week. Gillingham a new ground for many, and then the ‘world famous’ team from West Bridgford on Saturday, both of which are sell outs.

I did think we’d shift more than we have but the first full week back at work, likely requiring time off, an unreliable train service, coupled with Christmas, the 3-0 pumping on Boxing Day and Brendan ball, it’s easy to see why people have swerved.

All that and it’s on TV.

Edited by Maybes
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Atheonseye said:

not really though is it. Tuesday night in Jan, before anyone has been paid in probably the hardest month of them all. 

You cannot compare them to an away trip in Poland, its totally different. Many have already done Newcastle away (and know how crap the in ground experience is!) and to be honest the team arent exactly pulling up trees at the minute! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

How many you think we sell if this was the semi final? 

Depends if its 1st or 2nd leg to be honest. Our fanbase is nigh on impossible to predict numbers wise. I thought we would sell the full 5,000 we got for Rome anyway:crylaugh:

11 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

How many you think we sell if this was the semi final? 

Semi final would be wedged between Walsall and Villa so it's a similar position to this game, potentially three away games on the spin depending on if we were home/away first, and, again, Walsall possibly a new ground for people (less so than Gillingham of course) but the only advantage is that people have had another pay cheque since Christmas (compared to today's game being straight after Christmas).

Don't worry about numbers but I take it those worrying about how many we've sold are all going tonight? I'll be there and really don't care if there's 500 of us or 1000. I might see some posts on these twitter away days but those people who laugh are those who probably don't even go to games. Up the Foxes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Semi final would be wedged between Walsall and Villa so it's a similar position to this game, potentially three away games on the spin depending on if we were home/away first, and, again, Walsall possibly a new ground for people (less so than Gillingham of course) but the only advantage is that people have had another pay cheque since Christmas (compared to today's game being straight after Christmas).

Don't worry about numbers but I take it those worrying about how many we've sold are all going tonight? I'll be there and really don't care if there's 500 of us or 1000. I might see some posts on these twitter away days but those people who laugh are those who probably don't even go to games. Up the Foxes.

Might even be a better away end with us only taking somewhere in the region of 900

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think we’d sell out if it was the semi-final, or at least close to.

This almost feels fraudulent that we’re in a quarter final. We’ve only had to overcome Stockport, Newport and MK Dons to get here. 

Don't worry about it. Man City usually get the easiest runs, look at them when they won it in 2019 they only beat Oxford, Fulham, us and Burton in the semi's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

LOL they'll all be on Instagram all night getting anxious what other fans are saying about us, after that on here having a go at those who actually went 

• Like 1

Obviously not many travelling tonight for obvious reasons.. but if anyone has gone solo or fancies meeting up for a few pre match drinks, will be in gunner tavern around 4pm before sampling other places.. literally bang opposite the Sainsbury's outside train station.. decent selection of beers in there including the Stella unfiltered in draught which I am addicted too since Christmas 😂