Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc098

Newcastle (A) Quarter Final

7 hours ago, itshb said:

Got that week off work. Train there, Quayside Travelodge, Train back. Furthest away day yet, anyone got an idea what the main away pub is?

No such thing in Newcastle as an away pub. You can literally take your pick from hundreds of pubs within ten minutes walk of the ground. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, itshb said:

Got that week off work. Train there, Quayside Travelodge, Train back. Furthest away day yet, anyone got an idea what the main away pub is?

I have been in quite a few pubs with colours on with no problem the ground is in walking distance from the city centre so plenty to choose from.

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2023 at 08:48, CosbehFox said:

No such thing in Newcastle as an away pub. You can literally take your pick from hundreds of pubs within ten minutes walk of the ground. 

Absolutely, the choice will be yours, minus a couple around the ground. 

I think that most away fans head to the Victoria Comet on Neville St. 

But tbf, you’re in arguably the best city for drinking, just see what takes your fancy would be my advice.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Thanks 1

On 01/01/2023 at 09:23, Anderson said:

How many have we sold for this so far?

I reckon we've sold about 780 so far  (first 4 blocks opened hold about 1090, 310 remaining).

Got to be about the worse combinations of factors: long way away, early January night match, 3 days after Gillingham away, 4 days before Forest away, no public transport back, Live on Sky, one of the worst away sections stuck up in the heavens, and any others I've missed off!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

There's about 2000 spare on the website - are you a STH or Member?

I'm neither STH or member. I have been both in the past but I live in the NE and have a lot of demands hence I only get to 1 or 2 games a season so not worth it.

In these scenarios, when it clearly won't sell out, its more than annoying that the club restrict sales in this way.

Living just outside Newcastle can confirm even with colours on there are only a handful of bars you will get looked at twice, they are probably up pink lane.

Couple years back when mike Ashley hung up his new dodgey screen, game was delayed by about an hour and even the strawberry and shearers bar was full of Leicester fans.

As long as your not a mackem you will be fine, but even then they just punch horses and trash their own town 😂

Plenty of boozers, away fans do tend to flock to Victoria comet no idea why, perhaps because it's just outside station, but the beer is crap and it's over priced.

Meeting up with a few travelling away fans and will be out in the town from 4pm onwards, so if anyone is a straggler or on their todd, drop me a message and come along with us.

• Like 2

Emailed the club asking when tickets for this would be put on General Sale- was told the club will not be putting the ticket on General Sale and they'll continue to be sold to Members and STH. 

This club would rather have 2,000 empty seats than allow fans (particularly those in the North East, who may only be able to attend this game) to see their team. 

3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Emailed the club asking when tickets for this would be put on General Sale- was told the club will not be putting the ticket on General Sale and they'll continue to be sold to Members and STH. 

This club would rather have 2,000 empty seats than allow fans (particularly those in the North East, who may only be able to attend this game) to see their team. 

Is ridiculous they persist with this, clearly not going to sell out. Club cutting their nose off to spite their face.

The allocation is now capped at just over 1000 though Newcastle have sold out we'll have handed back all blocks except for the two currently on sale

9 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Have they told you why? Have you got a booking history, tell them you are on the system as a fan so should be considered 'safe'. Have you told them you, or anyone else, can easily get a ticket off Twitter without being an STH and what is their response? Seems like an odd policy in this circumstance, worth pushing your case 

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

It's because they want people to buy memberships absolutely a stupid decision by the club

15 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

It's because they want people to buy memberships absolutely a stupid decision by the club

Yep, I'm in the Dales these days and Newcastle is an hour away on the train - would have contemplated going - especially as I could get a train back at 11pm.

Absolutely zero chance of me buying a membership now I'm not in Leicestershire anymore.

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You aren't trying at all, you are making Amanda's job very easy, what do you expect her to say?! For all she knows you are a Geordie trying to get a ticket for a sold out game

Well that won't be the end of the email exchange. But for arguments sake, she might very quickly search my email address and see a booking history? Or at the very least ask Customer Ref number (or whatever the 6 digit number is). All pretty simple. Instead, I should spend my time fighting this? And more broadly, why should Joe Bloggs who doesn't want to kick up a fuss miss out due to the club trying to rinse another £30 out of you? It's not on.