Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc098

Newcastle (A) Quarter Final

Our away support, numbers wise, is absolutely fine. In terms of travel and timing only Southampton is probably worse for this week. 

Midweek matches are tough and the club doesn't open it up to everyone. We're also in a tough economic climate. 

It's a shame we're not taking thousands but that is the way it goes. Newcastle have taken relatively low numbers to our place a couple of times. It affects virtually every club at some point.

• Like 4

On 05/01/2023 at 14:11, walkerleeds said:

What a club.

Screenshot_20230105_141029_Gmail.jpg

Fair enough they don't want to put it on general sale to avoid their fans getting tickets, but surely it makes sense to put it on sale to supporters with a booking history. Pure greed by the club to try and force more membership sales. No way am I going to pay £30+ for membership just to access an away ticket.

16 minutes ago, jash21 said:

Fair enough they don't want to put it on general sale to avoid their fans getting tickets, but surely it makes sense to put it on sale to supporters with a booking history. Pure greed by the club to try and force more membership sales. No way am I going to pay £30+ for membership just to access an away ticket.

I should have clarified that I meant with a booking history, which would absolutely be fair enough. I would hazard a guess there a good few North East based fans who would only be able to attend this game all season, but they're missing out. Disappointing all round.

6 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Would definitely shift another 500 or so at least by going to general sale. Bonkers rule to not at least sell to booking history. All about controlling everything and making as much money from fans as possible 

500!!! Have you gone completely mental, we've only sold about 500 full stop. We haven't got hundreds of fans waiting for Newcastle away on a Tuesday night in January. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

500!!! Have you gone completely mental, we've only sold about 500 full stop. We haven't got hundreds of fans waiting for Newcastle away on a Tuesday night in January. 

A cup quarter final and people who usually wouldn’t be able to get their hands on a ticket for a high profile fixture plus people would then be able to buy tickets in groups regardless of ticket brackets etc so I think you’d be surprised and we would sell at least 500 on general sale.

Just now, K1FOX said:

A cup quarter final and people who usually wouldn’t be able to get their hands on a ticket for a high profile fixture plus people would then be able to buy tickets in groups regardless of ticket brackets etc so I think you’d be surprised and we would sell at least 500 on general sale.

Exactly. Offer them for Gen Sale and you're looking at £30ish for a ticket plus travel/food costs etc. I'd give it a go.

Not going to gen sale, you're talking an extra £35 for a membership on top of the £30ish ticket. Not happening I'm afraid.

Club's a joke.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Exactly. Offer them for Gen Sale and you're looking at £30ish for a ticket plus travel/food costs etc. I'd give it a go.

Not going to gen sale, you're talking an extra £35 for a membership on top of the £30ish ticket. Not happening I'm afraid.

Club's a joke.

Not wrong mate. Don’t see how it’s ok to buy a membership and then be able to buy for the game instantly but not sell on gen sale. Can’t be for ‘safety’ reasons then because anyone can buy a membership. Basically saying if you’ve got £35 more and want to pay it then go for it and if not then do one.

18 hours ago, Corky said:

Our away support, numbers wise, is absolutely fine. In terms of travel and timing only Southampton is probably worse for this week. 

Midweek matches are tough and the club doesn't open it up to everyone. We're also in a tough economic climate. 

It's a shame we're not taking thousands but that is the way it goes. Newcastle have taken relatively low numbers to our place a couple of times. It affects virtually every club at some point.

I've followed Leicester 34 years and never remember the Geordies not selling out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coolcol said:

I've followed Leicester 34 years and never remember the Geordies not selling out.

There have been lots they've haven't sold out.

I'm pretty sure night they only sold about 2,000 for the 1-0 night league match in our title year. (their relegation year)

<<< EDITED TO SAY >>>,  It was actually 1334 away fans.  

as per their snotty match report https://www.nufc.com/html/2015-16html/2016-03-14leicester-a.html

And we played them in the FA Cup 3rd round the year before (2014-15), and I'm not convinced they sold out for that.

<<< EDITED TO SAY >>>,  This was actually 4319 away fans.  My apologies, as per:

https://www.nufc.com/html/2014-15html/2015-01-03leicester-city-afa3.html

Going back further ... 1978-79, they only brought about 500.

Edited by worth_the_wait

5 hours ago, chrishlcfc said:

It is a shambles they don’t go to general sale tbf. There’s no reason at all why they shouldn’t really is there.

As people have said it’s just pure greed from the club in trying to get people to spend £30 on a membership which is totally unacceptable.

It is about economics with this club unfortunately they want you to buy a membership like you say at £30 or pay over the odds for some of the tat they sell in the club shop.I get emails regularly asking to buy this shirt or other rubbish etc.

On 07/01/2023 at 16:21, It'sblueupnorth said:

Can you blame people? We’re utter dross atm, Tuesday night after Christmas against a team we’re gonna play in the league anyway, and we’ll probably get twatted again

Still absolute cringe tbf though, do you think fans of Everton Leeds and West Ham think the same, but still would pull decent numbers for a Q final of a cup!! But having said this though, our ticket selling system is probably one of the worse in the English league! Crazy pathetic system we have in place 

Edited by Joe90lcfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coolcol said:

Just done a bit more research ...

Since moving to our new ground, we have played Newcastle at home 11 times  (Premier League x 9, 2nd Division x 1,  FA Cup x 1)

One of those Premier League games was behind closed doors, and I can't find an away attendance for the 2003-04 Premier League meeting.

Of the other 9 games:
 - The FA Cup meeting (2014-15) had away support 4319.
 - 4 of the League meetings were an away sellout (3250-3300).
 - The other 4 League meetings were less than sell-outs: 1915 (2014-15), 1334 (2015-16), 3000 (2018-19), 2650 (2019-20)

I haven't got any accurate stats for Filbert Street days.   But their support was very variable - eg crap in 1978-79 and brilliant in 1984-85.

10 hours ago, jash21 said:

This is ridiculous. Honestly it should go on general sale it is just silly especially for a cup game.

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Just done a bit more research ...

Since moving to our new ground, we have played Newcastle at home 11 times  (Premier League x 9, 2nd Division x 1,  FA Cup x 1)

One of those Premier League games was behind closed doors, and I can't find an away attendance for the 2003-04 Premier League meeting.

Of the other 9 games:
 - The FA Cup meeting (2014-15) had away support 4319.
 - 4 of the League meetings were an away sellout (3250-3300).
 - The other 4 League meetings were less than sell-outs: 1915 (2014-15), 1334 (2015-16), 3000 (2018-19), 2650 (2019-20)

I haven't got any accurate stats for Filbert Street days.   But their support was very variable - eg crap in 1978-79 and brilliant in 1984-85.

Have to say I do like a bit of statistical analysis, and I stand corrected.

• Like 1