Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc098

Newcastle (A) Quarter Final

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/get-a-free-half-season-ticket/?displayMode=GoogleAmp

Only three years since the ‘loyalest supporters in the land’ appeared to go missing and they had to give free half season tickets away.

Besides, we all saw their away support at the KP. Convinced that Newcastle coming with 1500 was more of a regular occurrence than them selling out. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Does it matter how many we take, I made a decision to give Gillingham a miss and go Newcastle / Forest instead. Fair play to any doing all 3 it's an expensive business these days travelling away. Another factor on the low numbers could be last season's European games it cost me a fair whack travelling away to all the European fixtures (except the Moscow one which I missed). That article in the mag is an embarrassment to the writer even some of the Geordies in there replies think it's a stupid article and go back to the days when their support wasn't all that good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The club treat anyone who isn't already on their system as a potential hooligan. They'd rather spaff a once-in-a-generation opportunity to ensure everyone in Leicestershire actually supports their local team up the wall than give even a single seat to anyone they don't know about already. It's barmy.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because they want a "relationship" (IE money) from everyone who's buying tickets so they can keep an eye on everyone. 

There are 2 separate things here: the need to verify that fans are 'genuine Leicester' and the desire to make money. It suits the club to conflate membership (£££) with verification - but it's not convincing. I have 10+ years of ticket history, including dozens of games, which is a much better indicator that I'm 'genuine' than buying a £30 membership. 

What would be the best way to take this up with the club? 

26 minutes ago, siCiteh said:

There are 2 separate things here: the need to verify that fans are 'genuine Leicester' and the desire to make money. It suits the club to conflate membership (£££) with verification - but it's not convincing. I have 10+ years of ticket history, including dozens of games, which is a much better indicator that I'm 'genuine' than buying a £30 membership. 

What would be the best way to take this up with the club? 

Instead of posting exactly what you've coherently written here where it makes no difference, send it to - [email protected] - and keep following it up.

That goes for everyone else, we all know it's the weak way out to moan about it on an online forum. If enough people have the same gripe and take action, they will have to listen

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

That article in the mag is an embarrassment to the writer even some of the Geordies in there replies think it's a stupid article and go back to the days when their support wasn't all that good.

Fair play to the 6 Newcastle fans's replies to the original article.

What an embarrassing article. Leicester have won the Premier League and an FA Cup recently, maybe a League Cup QF isn't the huge fillip for them like it is for us? Not ignoring the financial aspect of the costs of a round trip on a Tuesday night in the first full week in January during a cost of living crisis. Low blow and not needed.

Couldn't blame them not wanting travel on a Tuesday night to watch a side bang out of form. I'm still more disappointed that both Leicester and West Ham have slipped away this season. If we ever want to see the end of the septic 6 we need as many clubs to improve and put pressure on the shower.

What a pathetic article Jim. The country as a whole is suffering serious financial pressure to eat, stay warm and get to work and you think its appropriate to write an article having a smirky, cheap shot, childish dig at club and fans who's catchment area for fans in numbers and location is considerably less than ours. You don't speak for me and ( I hope ) many Toon fans with this type of BS.

Well said tt24, big respect to the liecester fan's who make the trip on Tuesday. I am in the privileged position that I have the time and money to go to every game home and away, but nobody is more of a cheerleader for cheaper home and away tickets for the junior toons.

Don't think any of them will be embarrassed Jim. Spending their hard earned on a round trip up here on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday night to see their team get humped

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2023/01/leicester-fans-embarrassment-struggling-to-sell-a-thousand-tickets-for-newcastle-united-quarter-final/

Our spare blocks being sent back to Newcastle for general sale. Much to their delight and amusement.

The vast majority of Newcastle fans are sound and most of their response have rightly called out the shitty tone of the article.

As someone points out, we have recently won a premier league and fa cup so a league cup qf isnt as sexy as it might have been 10 years ago to us.

You can see why it makes more to them than us right now. In the last ten years their record from the quarters onwards is:

Newcastle: 2 League Cup QFs and 1 FA Cup QF

Leicester: 3 League Cup QFs, 1 SF. 2 FA Cup QFs and 1 win. 1 Champs League quarter and 1 Conference League semi if we're counting that.

Obviously the trajectory of both clubs are polar opposites and it probably wont be long before league cup quarter finals are a big thing to us again and fvck all to them.

Edited by Nalis

25 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Fair play to the 6 Newcastle fans's replies to the original article.

What an embarrassing article. Leicester have won the Premier League and an FA Cup recently, maybe a League Cup QF isn't the huge fillip for them like it is for us? Not ignoring the financial aspect of the costs of a round trip on a Tuesday night in the first full week in January during a cost of living crisis. Low blow and not needed.

Couldn't blame them not wanting travel on a Tuesday night to watch a side bang out of form. I'm still more disappointed that both Leicester and West Ham have slipped away this season. If we ever want to see the end of the septic 6 we need as many clubs to improve and put pressure on the shower.

What a pathetic article Jim. The country as a whole is suffering serious financial pressure to eat, stay warm and get to work and you think its appropriate to write an article having a smirky, cheap shot, childish dig at club and fans who's catchment area for fans in numbers and location is considerably less than ours. You don't speak for me and ( I hope ) many Toon fans with this type of BS.

Well said tt24, big respect to the liecester fan's who make the trip on Tuesday. I am in the privileged position that I have the time and money to go to every game home and away, but nobody is more of a cheerleader for cheaper home and away tickets for the junior toons.

Don't think any of them will be embarrassed Jim. Spending their hard earned on a round trip up here on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday night to see their team get humped

Nice to see some of their fans are more realistic than some of our own. Presumably they are all adults who live in the real world

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nalis said:

The vast majority of Newcastle fans are sound and most of their response have rightly called out the shitty tone of the article.

As someone points out, we have recently won a premier league and fa cup so a league cup qf isnt as sexy as it might have been 10 years ago to us.

You can see why it makes more to them than us right now. In the last ten years their record from the quarters onwards is:

Newcastle: 2 League Cup QFs and 1 FA Cup QF

Leicester: 3 League Cup QFs, 1 SF. 2 FA Cup QFs and 1 win. 1 Champs League quarter and 1 Conference League semi if we're counting that.

Obviously the trajectory of both clubs are polar opposites and it probably wont be long before league cup quarter finals are a big thing to us again and fvck all to them.

They arent though are they, a fair proportion of them are arrogant tosspots with an inferiority complex who think they should be competing in Europe year in year out even though there is absolutley nothing in their history to back it up. The reality is they are a club that hasnt won a trophy in 70 years and have spent the best part of that time being a mid/bottom half side. This game is massive to them where as we have won the trophy twice in living memory and so has no way near the same importance.

Edited by South Shire Fox

21 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Anyone got any experience of collecting tickets from the ground?

the only option now is to collect at St James’ and the person I want to go with isn’t the person under the name used to buy their ticket. Mine is, however and I’m the lead booker.

LCFC are absolute jobsworths when it comes to this. They will tell Newcastle to only give out the tickets to the named person. Your tickets are likely to be placed in separate envelopes. E.g Person A and Person B. I had a similar problem at Liverpool away in the cup a year or so ago.

My advice would be to show them the booking on your online account with the other names person next to it. That way the Newcastle TO can be happy that they are ‘giving it to the right person’.

I’m sure the geordies will be sound about it…particularly after you’ve travelled a long way. Just be prepared.

28 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

the only option now is to collect at St James’ and the person I want to go with isn’t the person under the name used to buy their ticket. Mine is, however and I’m the lead booker.

As long as you’re the lead booker you’ll be fine. Never had a problem with it before, your group of tickets will just come under your name at the ticket office 

49 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

They'll be in one envelope with the lead booker's name on. I picked up tickets from Anfield no bother like this.

1 hour ago, lcfcben76 said:

Won’t be a problem. Email lcfc help if you are concerned and they will either change the name or inform Newcastle of what’s happening 

3 hours ago, Maybes said:

LCFC are absolute jobsworths when it comes to this. They will tell Newcastle to only give out the tickets to the named person. Your tickets are likely to be placed in separate envelopes. E.g Person A and Person B. I had a similar problem at Liverpool away in the cup a year or so ago.

My advice would be to show them the booking on your online account with the other names person next to it. That way the Newcastle TO can be happy that they are ‘giving it to the right person’.

I’m sure the geordies will be sound about it…particularly after you’ve travelled a long way. Just be prepared.

Actually mine were a reprint because the tickets didn’t arrive in the post, so like others have said it may be that they are all in one envelope, rather than individual names, as mine were.

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Won’t be a problem. Email lcfc help if you are concerned and they will either change the name or inform Newcastle of what’s happening 

Unless I’ve read it wrong I wouldn’t tell them that someone else is using the ticket. 

He’ll be ok as he’s the lead booker and should get both tickets in envelope. I wouldn’t say anything about someone else using the other ticket though. 

17 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It can’t be much more than 1K. First two blocks open in the selling order and have still got 200 odd tickets left. 

Can you blame people? We’re utter dross atm, Tuesday night after Christmas against a team we’re gonna play in the league anyway, and we’ll probably get twatted again

It's a shame more people are not going, and yes l understand we have three away games this week, and the cost of living,  but it a cup quarter final, and after what happen on Boxing Day, l love us to do them in their own backyard, and get a semi final place, plus l can not get tickets for Forest or Vila, so it is a chance to go to another away game.