Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

NYE

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

Fishing with my dad, a bit of a tradition since my kids came alone. Neither my wife or I fancy a night out so she gets an early night and I get a night at the lake. 

Let's hope 2023 is the best of the 20s so far (not much competition).

Happy new year all. 

Nice one mate, carp fishing by any chance?

I just never understand why people would go out and spend money on much inflated prices for what is pretty much a normal day.

I think Xmas is special, especially if there are younger members in your family.

This will sound ridiculous, but if New Year was a few months away from Xmas, it would be a bigger deal.

Saying that, I would like to do the night in London to see the fireworks one year.

NYE is dead to me after 1999/2000 where I spent a small fortune on Sundissential tickets and gurned the new year in.  Utter waste.  

The wife and I just went to the local in the village this afternoon, sat by the fire and had five pints of ale.  Home by 7 with a pizza and watched Prey (which I thought was good).  She's now spark out and I'm doing feck all.  

The thought of being out at midnight amongst the slobbering masses... No thanks.  

Happy NYE all.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I just never understand why people would go out and spend money on much inflated prices for what is pretty much a normal day.

I think Xmas is special, especially if there are younger members in your family.

This will sound ridiculous, but if New Year was a few months away from Xmas, it would be a bigger deal.

Saying that, I would like to do the night in London to see the fireworks one year.

I love it. Always go somewhere and do something for nye. Get something organised and booked somewhat in advance, never any aggro, never THAT overpriced. it’s the only night of the year where everyone is in good/celebratory mood. Tonight only did a few pints and a decent meal in London (patiently awaiting fireworks) before flying back to work tomorrow night 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I love it. Always go somewhere and do something for nye. Get something organised and booked somewhat in advance, never any aggro, never THAT overpriced. it’s the only night of the year where everyone is in good/celebratory mood. Tonight only did a few pints and a decent meal in London (patiently awaiting fireworks) before flying back to work tomorrow night 

Enjoy. 

Have you got some tickets to be in one of the official viewing areas?

Like I say, something I would like to do.

17 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Hootenanny has really gone downhill hasn't it? They used to have some quite famous people performing and in the audience, now it's the masterchef woman and some radio 1 git.

It usually has some great new artists on it.

Whilst her music isn't to my taste, I think Estelle was on it a few years ago. She can fvcking sing.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

Happy new year all. Local round the corner from us had a great covers band on with free entry, was great fun.

Staggered home about quarter to 12 to swarms of youths on our street and lots of shouting and crying, followed by lots of police, potential stabbing, which is horrendous.

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Enjoy. 

Have you got some tickets to be in one of the official viewing areas?

Like I say, something I would like to do.

No chance I’m paying lol, find a bridge in central London and you’ll get a great view. What a show it was once again this year. If you’re within 3 hours of London no excuse not to do it (edit) THIS year! 

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

As much as I joke and say shit on here...horrible night.

Most of you know my father in law died in mid November. 

My Mrs is really struggling to cope with it. 

Glad to see the back of 2022.

Puts 11 blokes in a blue shirt being shit at football in to perspective.

Here's to a better year :thumbup:

I hope 2023 brings more positivity and prosperity for you and your family :)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Happy new year all. Local round the corner from us had a great covers band on with free entry, was great fun.

Staggered home about quarter to 12 to swarms of youths on our street and lots of shouting and crying, followed by lots of police, potential stabbing, which is horrendous.

Jesus…. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I hope 2023 brings more positivity and prosperity for you and your family :)

Thank you Stan.

Last couple of months have been tough.

They'll never be forgotten, but I hope this one is a lot better.

And Dave will never be forgotten. 

Anyway, your Mrs sending some of that food she made? That'd help lol