Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

NYE

HNY all.

Staying in as going out is a chore, and it's pissing it down.

Will watch Hootenanny then the fireworks at midnight.

Can't believe that, back in the day, when I was DJ in The Carousel, (not many here will know of that pub now), and subsequently some nightclubs, NYE was frantic and THE best night out ever. All down to me, of course. lol

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

The wife has decided we're taking the kids to see the new Black Panther film at the cinema tonight.

I'm just looking forward to some cheezy nachos and then dozing off in those comfy reclineable seats tbh.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The wife has decided we're taking the kids to see the new Black Panther film at the cinema tonight.

I'm just looking forward to some cheezy nachos and then dozing off in those comfy reclineable seats tbh.

I think I'd be the same but I'd go alone.

Almost no one I know is doing anything. Seems most are watching spend or tired of 2022. There's a real downcast feeling around everyone. 

The weather won't be helping. Even plans I have to go to friends fell through due to illness and nobody being bothered. 

A quick wander round the town and there's some life in the pubs but not much. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Almost no one I know is doing anything. Seems most are watching spend or tired of 2022. There's a real downcast feeling around everyone. 

The weather won't be helping. Even plans I have to go to friends fell through due to illness and nobody being bothered. 

A quick wander round the town and there's some life in the pubs but not much. 

The price of everything goes up by about 50%. 

We just treat it as a normal night in now, have done for years. I guess that’s a sign we’re getting older. 

Happy Ney Year to you all.

We're staying in, as usual.

I think NYE is just such a rip off for everything. 

I've just had steak and there's 15 cand of Heineken in the fridge.

We'll watch Hootenanny and the fireworks.

I'm trying to persuade everyone to play Trivial Pursuit with me, but they all refuse. Even if I allow them to have kids questions lol

• Like 1

Happy New Year Everyone!

Went bowling earlier in the afternoon and now we are chilling with an Indian take away watching Avatar as we are going to watch Avatar 2 tomorrow

Probably be the only one in the house awake at midnight playing something on my PC haha

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I’m making cheese! 

Usually go to neighbours party, but they’re away so at a bit of a loose end.

Have fun for those going out tonight and here’s to a happy and healthy 2023

7E25C0A2-5B9B-4522-BF80-25DE3BAD1C53.thumb.jpeg.9e1a4c868b1dcf793efc3ccc2f94240c.jpeg

Pack of red leicesters only  a couple of quid and less hassle to know!!!

• Haha 1

Staying in to try and see New year in.

I'm normally asleep by 10 and the kids take the p1ss!

We will play some games like frustration and uno, I've hot them a scratched each(Yes we living the high life!) and then.im off bed at 12.05!!!.

Happy new year everyone, hope your healthy and enjoy the things really  important in life

X

• Like 1

Wife and me are making homemade pizza for dinner. Got some stellas in the fridge, coke and my rum will be readily available.

Cut and seasoned up a leg of lamb which i will make curry lamb out of tomorrow.

As for tonight, going to have a dance party with the kids as they asked for one. We all love dancing in this house so will crank up the tunes and jam out.

Bed by 10-11pm lol might make it to 1205 like Raj.

All the best in 2023, wishing happy and healthy days ahead to you and your loved ones. Stay safe!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 3

Had my son over this afternoon with his soon to be wife, lots to eat and pressies to open. 

Tonight and seeing the new year in will spend on discord, gaming with my bf who lives in France. Avicii in the background and a bottle of Rioja i was gifted for Christmas, maybe some cheese to snack on later.

Happy New Year everyone & roll on 2023, can't be any worse than last year.. RIGHT :D 

• Like 2