Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Kamil Piatkowski - has joined Belgian side KAA Gent on loan

25 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Chill out everybody.

One minute it’s “I’m not sure he’s the signing we need”, the next minute it’s “why haven’t we signed him, this club is a joke”.

Everybody gets carried away about some rumours we’ve heard in social media - which likely always originate from the player’s agent - and assume that means we’re in negotiation for a player. 

When a player doesn’t sign for us - even though he was probably never going to anyway - everybody’s so quick to denounce how we’ve obviously negotiated badly / acted too slowly / not offered enough money / whatever.

If you’re going to pin your hopes on some internet rumours, prepare to be disappointed.

I don't think it's necessarily that we haven't got this signing over the line.  It's more that it's obvious we are desperate for signings and there's no sign of anyone coming in. 

• Like 3

At the risk of sounding phenomenally arrogant, if he's gone to Gent he probably wasn't on our radar for a January move and he's only gone there on loan. The extreme likelihood is that, at most, we've scouted this guy and nobody should have been listening to some random Foxes blog in the first place. 

• Like 2

Gent is his level right now. The idea that he was going to come in and start at CB for us in the Premier League, was laughable tbh. 

Although, so is Amartey :dry:

The biggest concern, is the complete lack of activity and we are week 3 of the transfer window. 

It really is looking more and more like Top has no money. Why else would he risk relegation with inaction?

5 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Chill out everybody.

One minute it’s “I’m not sure he’s the signing we need”, the next minute it’s “why haven’t we signed him, this club is a joke”.

Everybody gets carried away about some rumours we’ve heard in social media - which likely always originate from the player’s agent - and assume that means we’re in negotiation for a player. 

When a player doesn’t sign for us - even though he was probably never going to anyway - everybody’s so quick to denounce how we’ve obviously negotiated badly / acted too slowly / not offered enough money / whatever.

If you’re going to pin your hopes on some internet rumours, prepare to be disappointed.

Didn't Faes appear out of nowhere? The first posts in the thread virtually said he was having a medical.

I might be wrong but I think a lot of our business is done quietly. I cannot stand the transfer window nonsense in any case. Would actually be interesting to know how many "expected" transfers created on Twitter actually become reality.

• Like 2