Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Race Across The World

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Any other fans here? The first series was my favourite but I enjoy all of them. 

I reckon the couple will win this time around. 

Yes love it, I went to Uzbekistan after the first season and it was a great trip. Very good series for travel tips, I do not take much interest in the 'race.' I've got a few episodes on this season to catch up on, but seeing bears in Canada is definitely on the to-do list

• Like 1

I enjoy it. The first series was probably better in the sense there were many different routes that could be taken. In this latest series they are all (so far) taking the same route and just depends what method is used.

However, going across Canada appeals more than the other routes for me personally. Would love to do some of the journey off this series.

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I enjoy it. The first series was probably better in the sense there were many different routes that could be taken. In this latest series they are all (so far) taking the same route and just depends what method is used.

However, going across Canada appeals more than the other routes for me personally. Would love to do some of the journey off this series.

We went on an Alaska cruise last year, so have visited Vancouver, followed the boat route they took from Vancouver Island and also went into the Yukon. If you are a wildlife lover it’s just incredible. Just in Stanley Park where they started the race from we saw beavers, a coyote, a hawk, bald eagle eating on the beach, a skunk. Never mind what you see when you venture away from the cities!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rachhere said:

We went on an Alaska cruise last year, so have visited Vancouver, followed the boat route they took from Vancouver Island and also went into the Yukon. If you are a wildlife lover it’s just incredible. Just in Stanley Park where they started the race from we saw beavers, a coyote, a hawk, bald eagle eating on the beach, a skunk. Never mind what you see when you venture away from the cities!

We didn’t think we would venture up to Yukon (when they went to Dawson City). But Vancouver and all that area looks great and where they have now ended up in the Edmonton/Rockies area. Then of course over to the east where they will head next.

Amazing what you say about how much you see just in that park though!

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes love it, I went to Uzbekistan after the first season and it was a great trip. Very good series for travel tips, I do not take much interest in the 'race.' I've got a few episodes on this season to catch up on, but seeing bears in Canada is definitely on the to-do list

I genuinely really fancy going to Uzbekistan! How did you get there? I've heard that getting there can be quite difficult. 

17 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

We didn’t think we would venture up to Yukon (when they went to Dawson City). But Vancouver and all that area looks great and where they have now ended up in the Edmonton/Rockies area. Then of course over to the east where they will head next.

Amazing what you say about how much you see just in that park though!

The Yukon is the most beautiful place imaginable. but it made sense for us to go as one of our excursions whilst on the cruise. Can see it’s a bit of a journey otherwise! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I genuinely really fancy going to Uzbekistan! How did you get there? I've heard that getting there can be quite difficult. 

Did it with a tour company, I don't think getting there and around is that difficult, but when we went it was a load cheaper doing it as a package, and obviously much easier. This was the route I did, I can ask for further details of the package and tour company (I've deleted it all, but sure someone will have saved it) and DM you if interested.

• Bukhara
  • Khiva
  • Samarkand
  • Tashkent

Accommodation

All flights

Some transfers

Breakfast only

Activities

Going to Baku in a couple of weeks for the F1, re watched the episode from that season to pick up some tips for when we get there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Did it with a tour company, I don't think getting there and around is that difficult, but when we went it was a load cheaper doing it as a package, and obviously much easier. This was the route I did, I can ask for further details of the package and tour company (I've deleted it all, but sure someone will have saved it) and DM you if interested.

• Bukhara
  • Khiva
  • Samarkand
  • Tashkent

Accommodation

All flights

Some transfers

Breakfast only

Activities

Going to Baku in a couple of weeks for the F1, re watched the episode from that season to pick up some tips for when we get there.

That would awesome if you could mate!

• Like 1

PS I have applied twice for it, really tried to 'play the game' and apply with someone who is completely different to me and really push the differing persona on the application form, to make it clear we will clash and produce good TV. No joy. I will try again next time and come up with some good character traits made for TV

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Strangely enough I'm the opposite. That may sound odd because Canada looks incredible, but I love seeing places where the culture, language, food etc. is so different. I also felt as though the people in the first series were the most likeable. I found the development of Alex to be such wholesome television. Big fan of Laddy in this series though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

PS I have applied twice for it, really tried to 'play the game' and apply with someone who is completely different to me and really push the differing persona on the application form, to make it clear we will clash and produce good TV. No joy. I will try again next time and come up with some good character traits made for TV

just send in all the posts you've made on here over the years  .......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Yes, absolutely love it! I think the second series was my favourite, but it’s nice to have something a bit different with Canada. Can’t say I will be shedding any tears for Kevin and Claudia when they inevitably run out of money before the end. 

Yeah, he in particular is very difficult to like. I was disappointed to see the brothers eliminated. I was hoping that we see the older one really start to come out of his shell. I'm not a huge fan of the elimination if I'm honest. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To me it seems way more ‘edited’ and stage managed.  Tbh, it was only that they all ended up on the same train on yesterdays prog that made me feel it’s not completely gerrymandered……

The thing is, Canada is that remote that it’s almost inevitable that if they need to get to Churchill they will end up on the same train. They are that infrequent that if you set off on the same day it’s always going to happen.

My heart dropped when Churchill came out of the envelope though, I’ve watched many YouTube videos about the place and it is utter mayhem for Polar Bears. I’d love it

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

The thing is, Canada is that remote that it’s almost inevitable that if they need to get to Churchill they will end up on the same train. They are that infrequent that if you set off on the same day it’s always going to happen.

My heart dropped when Churchill came out of the envelope though, I’ve watched many YouTube videos about the place and it is utter mayhem for Polar Bears. I’d love it

Canada was a safe bet to choose given that covid wasn’t 100% definitely finished when they made the call - but given the ‘race’ element of the programme, the remoteness of most of the place doesn’t lend itself to that. (As you explain) 

I also think they should be banned from taking taxis for further than 100km. 

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Canada was a safe bet to choose given that covid wasn’t 100% definitely finished when they made the call - but given the ‘race’ element of the programme, the remoteness of most of the place doesn’t lend itself to that. (As you explain) 

I also think they should be banned from taking taxis for further than 100km. 

Nah, those taking taxis will be absolutely ****ed come the end as they will run out of money.

• Like 1