Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Race Across The World

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'm hoping the Glasgow couple win. Wanted to give her a cuddle when she was talking about not having kids. I like them even though he claims to support ManU. 

I thought he was actually from Manchester? Unless I’m completely wrong and it’s just about the football team (when he commented about Liverpool being the destination). Now I’m doubting whether he has a Mancunian accent or Scottish without having it on :dunno:

My point being if he is from there he gets a pass for supporting them lol

17 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I thought he was actually from Manchester? Unless I’m completely wrong and it’s just about the football team (when he commented about Liverpool being the destination). Now I’m doubting whether he has a Mancunian accent or Scottish without having it on :dunno:

He sounds like a manc 

13 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Think you could be right. A quick Google and it seems they do live in Manchester. I think I remember in the opening episode introductions they had some sort of Glasgow connection. Perhaps they met at Uni? 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Think you could be right. A quick Google and it seems they do live in Manchester. I think I remember in the opening episode introductions they had some sort of Glasgow connection. Perhaps they met at Uni? 

She’s Glaswegian and he’s a Manc 

A bit disappointed, but thinking about it they deserved to win by taking the gamble like they did. It was very much an all of nothing decision, and in hindsight definitely the right one as they knew they would never win the foot race if they all ended up on the same ferry 

Fair play to the winners, I'd had them down to come 3rd but just goes to show how important it was to save money, them getting the 2 taxis at the beginning to get to the port quicker really paid off.

Enjoyed this series but hoping the next one goes back to the first 2 series a little more, this season they all seemed to rely on lifts and strangers whereas previous seasons it all came down to planning the best routes, being shrewd and finding the best transport options. A great program though, I'd love to do it myself.

• Like 1

I am still trying to work out whether I like it or not…

Some great destinations,some great challenges within themselves…but

Did they actually see ( I mean See & feel) the places they raced through.

Chasing time over regions,  (even away from civil „unrest“) just to note for media

you saw the film,got the tee-shirt eyed,something or someone ain’t my idea of travel or challenge…

Sort of plastic travel instead of 
Do it in natural conditions,with life’s natural challenges,

with the automatic natural learn process.

Force the issue ,with cameras through planned action actually gives a comforting relief,without too much stress that anything drastic could go wrong..

Alone ( or pair/family) and confronting what’s in front of you,without at time ,

a get out is more experiencing even satisfying…

Though contradicting, I still respect what they do…

Its Just not my cup of tea..

It belongs to those people concentrating on their selfies at football or parties instead of the Event itself…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 16:42, fuchsntf said:

I am still trying to work out whether I like it or not…

Some great destinations,some great challenges within themselves…but

Did they actually see ( I mean See & feel) the places they raced through.

Chasing time over regions,  (even away from civil „unrest“) just to note for media

you saw the film,got the tee-shirt eyed,something or someone ain’t my idea of travel or challenge…

Sort of plastic travel instead of 
Do it in natural conditions,with life’s natural challenges,

with the automatic natural learn process.

Force the issue ,with cameras through planned action actually gives a comforting relief,without too much stress that anything drastic could go wrong..

Alone ( or pair/family) and confronting what’s in front of you,without at time ,

a get out is more experiencing even satisfying…

Though contradicting, I still respect what they do…

Its Just not my cup of tea..

It belongs to those people concentrating on their selfies at football or parties instead of the Event itself…

It's an 8 part series, would be a bit shit if it was just meandering around doing whatever you want. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lako42 said:

It's an 8 part series, would be a bit shit if it was just meandering around doing whatever you want. 

But meandering taking in,and doing what you want….is the enjoyment of adventure journeys..including the danger points, or challenges of travel.

I just mentioned my thoughts, or take on the programme.

I have watched all the series. This one was very poor, at least until the last two episodes, when there was a bit of drama and they could get alternative routes.

The ladies took a good gamble, I didn't think it was going to pay off, but they managed it. While the show itself wasn't very interesting the racers were all very nice and interesting. I did feel this one had more personal background chat than in previous ones, probably to make up for how boring the race was.

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

If people want to see that they could just watch our back 4 on MOTD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I have watched all the series. This one was very poor, at least until the last two episodes, when there was a bit of drama and they could get alternative routes.

The ladies took a good gamble, I didn't think it was going to pay off, but they managed it. While the show itself wasn't very interesting the racers were all very nice and interesting. I did feel this one had more personal background chat than in previous ones, probably to make up for how boring the race was.

I am trying to thing where would have worked better. It had to have been through one country because of Covid and having to show negative tests results to enter different countries. USA probably the only other viable option, but they were quite slow in getting their public transport running again. I am sure they next series will be very different.