Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Race Across The World

On 13/04/2023 at 15:30, st albans fox said:

Canada was a safe bet to choose given that covid wasn’t 100% definitely finished when they made the call - but given the ‘race’ element of the programme, the remoteness of most of the place doesn’t lend itself to that. (As you explain) 

I also think they should be banned from taking taxis for further than 100km. 

Let them do it, as another post says it is about budget management. A team in the second series blew all their budget. All part of the game!

On 13/04/2023 at 15:22, Stadt said:

Halfway through the second - Latin America’s too analogous for it to be that interesting. 

They could definitely do North Africa and some of the Near East 

I hope you meant the program. ( I didn’t see this part).

But the whole / and parts of ,S.America/Latin America is fantastically diverse.

Many hidden (tribes) wild species,great routes/paths used by locals.

Dugouts/canoes/boats often a must..

Darian gap though still a challenge,is S.Americas Everest,too many doing it today.
But away from this famous route,still enough wild dangerous not regular visited

tracks.. The adventurous backpacking trails are there & widespread,often only with

indigenous guides ( some rangers)…Besides Canada still a challenge for a good serious “Race across the world” challenge..

• Like 1

One thing I like about such topics,is we discover many a hidden adventure travellers,on this site or those that are willing to throw the every year package tour or cruise away

. Alternative tours hiking groups to Alaska/ Africa are now frequent and cheaper compared to years ago.

.Sometimes it’s suprising what one can do,or what’s open if you organise it yourself can be achieved…Great walks/hikes with/without beach stops,but great

lakeside swimming, on the same type of budget & time..Over every European neighbour or further East..

Trains..like Paris to Berlin…then from Berlin further eastwards

is another alternative,for those wanting to dip their toes..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I absolutely love it, it's my favourite thing on 'normal' TV these days.

I've been watching The Amazing Race Canada on YT, it's a vaguely similar idea, faster paced, not budget restricted, and more focussed on challenges and tasks, but I'm enjoying it. 

57 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I absolutely love it, it's my favourite thing on 'normal' TV these days.

I've been watching The Amazing Race Canada on YT, it's a vaguely similar idea, faster paced, not budget restricted, and more focussed on challenges and tasks, but I'm enjoying it. 

Have you seen The Worlds Toughest race hosted by Bear Grylls I assume you would enjoy it, its on Prime.. I thought that was really good viewing and a bit more real.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B08F71Z4JK/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How truly pathetic was that from the father daughter. Embarrassing scenes. 

I give it a month before he stops seeing her again, felt like it was very much for the cameras.

Can't pick a winner from the final 3 couples but would be happy for any of them to win really they've all smashed it in their own ways.

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

I give it a month before he stops seeing her again, felt like it was very much for the cameras.

Can't pick a winner from the final 3 couples but would be happy for any of them to win really they've all smashed it in their own ways.

I think I like the remaining father daughter the best. They seem very genuine.

Just now, Unabomber said:

I think I like the remaining father daughter the best. They seem very genuine.

Yeah I agree, the polar opposite of Kevin & Claudia. 

Enjoyed this series as it's been a while since the last one but hope next time around it goes continental again. Enjoy it when there's multiple routes and options, this series it's felt like they mostly had only one or two routes to take with limited options.

I agree - previous series were more interesting as there were more options for them to choose from. Considering this was filmed when there were still covid restrictions in place though I think they did well overall to pull it together 

This series has been like watching Formula 1, where overtaking only happens when someone pulls into the pits. Enjoyable but quite dull in the travelling front..Given the limitation on travel options, it’s a shame they didn’t go big on the interaction with strangers - I’d have loved a deeper dive into some of their lives.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah I imagine off camera he is an absolute bellend 

That’s possibly a little harsh…. I can’t think of any reality where I’d palm my kids off to pursue a career, but he seemed to at least make an effort to make amends…. I warmed to him more and more and more as the series went on as despite being imperfect, he was at least trying…. Claudia, somewhat understandably, had a bit of emotional baggage about the whole thing…. 

I hope they work things out and it’s put their relationship on a better footing… it was certainly the best opportunity they had to bond!

Went out with a whimper though !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

That’s possibly a little harsh…. I can’t think of any reality where I’d palm my kids off to pursue a career, but he seemed to at least make an effort to make amends…. I warmed to him more and more and more as the series went on as despite being imperfect, he was at least trying…. Claudia, somewhat understandably, had a bit of emotional baggage about the whole thing…. 

I hope they work things out and it’s put their relationship on a better footing… it was certainly the best opportunity they had to bond!

Went out with a whimper though !

Everyday

One of them: “Right we’ve got to get from here to here [pointing at the map]”

Her: “But I want to do this thing over somewhere far away

Him: “OK, I’ll book the cab

Pair of complete muttons. Delighted they and her quite active bitch face have gone.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm hoping the Glasgow couple win. Wanted to give her a cuddle when she was talking about not having kids. I like them even though he claims to support ManU. 

The final three pairs are really difficult to call as I really like all 6 of them, but I think Monique and Ladi take it for me. Ladi comes across as an exceptionally wise and humble dude. I was almost in tears after he broke down when some dude in the bar brought him strawberries. They've been the complete opposite of Claudia and Kevin - he's guided her when she needed it and let her take charge at the right moments too and then worked together to make the right calls. A solid father/daughter pairing with frugality instead of ****ing crazy spending just to stop someone throwing a wobbler.

• Like 2