Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Race Across The World

39 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I can’t believe I’d never heard of it until a colleague recommended it. The first two series were absolutely class.

This series has been pretty disappointing apart from the way in which the first pair got booted out. 

Recon them pair probably decided to bin it off and they made it look like they were always kicking someone out.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Recon them pair probably decided to bin it off and they made it look like they were always kicking someone out.

It's part of the show, the same happened in the first series. It only didn't happen in the second series because one pair lost all their money. 

I’ve only seen this latest season. It’s alright but I don’t get the hype, I assume it will get better and the other seasons are better? Does make me want to go back to Canada though that’s for sure, I saw a raccoon in Stanley park that was cool. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

It's part of the show, the same happened in the first series. It only didn't happen in the second series because one pair lost all their money. 

Yeah I know I’ve seen them all, but I do wonder on this one. The fact they were sat in a tent miles from the checkpoint said it all lol.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve only seen this latest season. It’s alright but I don’t get the hype, I assume it will get better and the other seasons are better? Does make me want to go back to Canada though that’s for sure, I saw a raccoon in Stanley park that was cool. 

I really wanted to see a raccoon, but no joy unfortunately! 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Definitely watch the first two, much better as they are travelling across multiple countries.

• Like 1

Wife got me watching this but I realised I’ve never seen series 1 so I’m ploughing through that now. 

This is kinda how we’ve always holidayed u til this year. Every year was a trial rather than relaxation, which is probably why I’ve coped so much flack from the wife for so long. As much as I adored our trip to Thailand, I do hanker for the more rough and ready approach to travel. 

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Read this as ... raGe across the world.... jumped into the thread with breathless excitment :(:(:( 

Mark will look the other way eventually. You’ll be able to squeeze in a quick politics thread then. 

43 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Loved the first 2 series and applied for the 3rd but no luck. They are living my dream, so jealous. Didn’t realise series 3 was out as I’ve had a lot going on but will catch up on this soon. 

Bring on early retirement so I can do this.

All of the above for me, although I didn’t complete my application as logistically at the minute I would struggle to do it.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm finding the local's to be far too accommodating by offering lifts and use of cars etc for free. Much too easy. 

I'm hoping the Glasgow couple win. 

Same, I understand Canadians are well nice, but some of it is just too convenient. Like when Kevin and his daughter got the van to take them to Edmonton, the acting from the hosts was terrible.

4 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Really hoping the dad and daughter (who keeps whinging about him not being there) drop out... they are so bloody irritating

They are very annoying. The girl was crying about waiting at the petrol station and then later when he got a taxi instead of waiting at another petrol station she was complaining that they weren’t waiting, seems legit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

They are very annoying. The girl was crying about waiting at the petrol station and then later when he got a taxi instead of waiting at another petrol station she was complaining that they weren’t waiting, seems legit.

I think there is different context here though. She pointed out rightly that they had over four hours to try and get a lift on this occasion. I think the other issue is that he seemingly just did it without talking to her first. Also, if you remember the first episode, she was willing to try waiting longer to get a car share and he went ahead and spent all that money on a taxi. I'm keen on her particularly, but I really don't like her Dad. 

I'm enjoying it this year. My money's on Monique and Ladi to win, they seem like a better unit than the other father/daughter team who are eating through money and making silly decisions. Ladi's outlook on life is quite like my own and Monique seems to be happy to learn from him. Mobeen and Zainib might swing it though, they're getting stronger and utilising the kindness of strangers very well (**** me it was a bit tense when they told that Christian family they were Muslim lol). Tricia and Cathy are are strong team too, making sensible decisions and spending wisely. If it comes down to a foot race at the end like last series they might struggle. All in all it's difficult to call but Monique and Ladi have my backing at the minute.

20 hours ago, Silverfox14 said:

Not enough choices of transport or routes.  I find the editing so choppy

Stopped watching now

I reckon that changes in the later legs of the journey as the further east they get the more populated. So as it gets towards the finish, I can imagine it may get more interesting.

I may be wrong but that’s how I see it going.