Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Starfield

I couldn't see a topic for No Man's Skyrim.

Will anyone be copping this on release day? I absolutely will along with all the bug ridden faults so thought I'd start a thread dedicated to it.

What are we all looking forward to?

It is meant to be a day one drop on Gamepass so will definitely give it a go on release

Interested in seeing if they fall afoul of what No Mans Sky did with having so many planets available to visit, but they all ended up being very boring with no real varying qualities

Also interested in seeing if the whole "Another settlement needs your help" from Fallout 4 makes it in lol

Really hoping its good.  I've not got an Xbox at the minute but always planned on getting one in a couple of years. 

Its having a lot of pressure unfairly put on it now from some xbox fans.  Think people are going to be expecting too much from it but i'll be happy if its fallout/skyrim/no mans sky hybrid.  Doesn't need to reinvent the wheel for me.

I bet this will be delayed again. 

HUGE new IP for Bethesda and Microsoft and is a big part of their exclusivity and Game Pass road map. 

Another Redfall-type disaster would be an awful look for their first-party strategy. 

Can't wait, mind.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I bet this will be delayed again. 

HUGE new IP for Bethesda and Microsoft and is a big part of their exclusivity and Game Pass road map. 

Another Redfall-type disaster would be an awful look for their first-party strategy. 

Can't wait, mind.

Hopefully delayed to when the clocks change

• 2 weeks later...

Starfield Direct on June 11 which will showcase more gameplay and features. 

Howard is a grifter and a blagger, but surely even he knows there's a lot riding on this IP for Bethesda and Microsoft.

If it's not ready they need to delay it again. 

This year has been a bin fire for unfinished shit games and thick developers issuing half-arsed apologies. 

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Starfield Direct on June 11 which will showcase more gameplay and features. 

Howard is a grifter and a blagger, but surely even he knows there's a lot riding on this IP for Bethesda and Microsoft.

If it's not ready they need to delay it again. 

This year has been a bin fire for unfinished shit games and thick developers issuing half-arsed apologies. 

55 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Expect fallout 76 levels of misleading and outright fabrication, whatever they show is absolutely irrelivent as it'll have little or nothing to do with the product that gets released and anyone getting excited about what is shown needs their heads checking. 

Confidence seems high...

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, foxile5 said:

Huge showcase going on at Bethesda this evening.

It LOOKS breathtaking.

I was hoping to have low expectations, so as to avoid disappointment, but this has ruined that completely. Looks fantastic 

Never liked Fallout but Half Life was great, and this seems to be more GTA in space than what No mans sky cooked up which was a bore fest.

I think it will be good as it has missions and an objective and proper weapon/enemies something which was not present in no mans sky.

It looks insanely good. I’m loving the ship and weapon crafting - and the space flight fights & salvaging parts and whole ships.

Even with the inevitable launch bugs, this is a game I’m going to lose myself in.

Now do I buy an ultimate pass so I can play across the Box and PC or go for a fancy Steam version? 🤔

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Shame about the locked 30fps on console

Would rather have the option of performance or quality like most new games tend to do now

About the only real issue I have with it though, definitely looking forward to it

My thoughts exactly.

Did get a bit bored of just seeing fights with 'spacer' or 'space punk' over and over and over lol.  Hopefully that's because they don't want to reveal too much and not an indication of a lack of variety as the game seems nice and ambitious.

Hopefully get the balance right between realism and fun with the planets.  Don't want No mans sky's initial problems of lots of worlds of nothing.  

30fps doesn't bother me whatsoever. Would rather that than insane levels of pop in or performance drops in big environments and gunfights. 

Bethesda are notorious bullshitters so I'll take a lot of what we saw with a pinch of salt, but even if some parts of the game aren't perfect, this is going to be right up my straße. Total imershun. 

Genuinely thinking about buying a new TV to play it on. 

• Like 2