Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Starfield

3 hours ago, bmt said:

If you put the difficulty setting down it's pretty much impossible to lose space combat

There's around thirty ships waiting for me once the ship from somewhere else finishes talking to me. I can down about five before death - all of them are firing on me at the same time, going 'Very Easy' mode just extended my time alive by half a ship :D

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

I hate the game. 

Got to the endish point where the thing happens and you have to do stuff, but some twat got caught in the crossfire and every single NPC wearing a UC badge and carrying a gun wants to kill me. 

Got into the ship to go to the place and space is teaming with angry ships blowing me to fvck instantly. 

No save, so I’ve had to bite the bullet and scrap the last few days and lose levels and the great gear I hoarded. 

Absolutely hate this game. 

I had this happen when I first played it

Basically had to keep jumping between systems until I could get a hail to actually work

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daggers said:

There's around thirty ships waiting for me once the ship from somewhere else finishes talking to me. I can down about five before death - all of them are firing on me at the same time, going 'Very Easy' mode just extended my time alive by half a ship :D

Haha thirty ships, okay that may not work. Have you tried grav jumping out of combat (put all your ship points in shields, engine and grav jump) and jump to another system. I've never done it but apparently if you power up then set course to another system it let's you grave jump out.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

It's not cricket, but toggle god mode does exist for such occasions.

24 minutes ago, bmt said:

Haha thirty ships, okay that may not work. Have you tried grav jumping out of combat (put all your ship points in shields, engine and grav jump) and jump to another system. I've never done it but apparently if you power up then set course to another system it let's you grave jump out.

Can't grav jump in combat and it immediately enters combat...but I do seem to be able to outrun them all by going full engines. Happy days.

I love this game!

Just now, Daggers said:

Can't grav jump in combat and it immediately enters combat...but I do seem to be able to outrun them all by going full engines. Happy days.

I love this game!

Apparently you can - look on reddit. There's people who say you cant and people who say it works for them. I'll see if I can on mine. Might be platform dependent 

13 minutes ago, bmt said:

Apparently you can - look on reddit. There's people who say you cant and people who say it works for them. I'll see if I can on mine. Might be platform dependent 

Definately can't on my PC.

I did outrun them, The Eye then popped up an X to fast travel...and the fvckers were there waiting for me! 

15,500 credits later and normal service has been resumed!

• Like 1

So I'm approaching level 55, and decide to head on a little adventure to the right side of the starmap now that I'm a high enough level with a ship that obliterates pretty much anything.

Turns out there's absolutely fvck all to see. Maybe one unique location I can find, but the rest of the systems are just empty and / or populated with the god-awful copy/paste POIs that litter everywhere else

Everything noteworthy is in the starting systems around the main settlements. What's the point? I love this game - and I say this because I care: there are so many terrible design choices in it. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Sad 1

Gives creedence to the theory that lots of features in this game were nerfed late on in the development cycle for whatever reason - that's why there these weird half-baked vestigial systems that don't really do anything, like fuel consumption, outposts and atmospheric effects.

Todd Howard has already said that the atmosphere systems were a lot more unforgiving. It's thought that it was much more of a survival game originally - extreme planets forced the use of outposts and different suits / buffs to negate them (hence now we have status and planetary effects that do nothing)

Maybe you had to place outposts and mine helium-3 to get further across the starmap (there's a thing about this on the loading screen messages) meaning much slower progress - then got rid because 

there's fvck all there

Edited by RoboFox

On 18/10/2023 at 15:15, RoboFox said:

Gives creedence to the theory that lots of features in this game were nerfed late on in the development cycle for whatever reason - that's why there these weird half-baked vestigial systems that don't really do anything, like fuel consumption, outposts and atmospheric effects.

Todd Howard has already said that the atmosphere systems were a lot more unforgiving. It's thought that it was much more of a survival game originally - extreme planets forced the use of outposts and different suits / buffs to negate them (hence now we have status and planetary effects that do nothing)

Maybe you had to place outposts and mine helium-3 to get further across the starmap (there's a thing about this on the loading screen messages) meaning much slower progress - then got rid because 

Reveal hidden contents

there's fvck all there

What you're saying about fuel consumptions and what not being intended to be a big part of the game tracks.

So many of the skill tree elements are just irrelevant to the point of uselessness and the spacesuits stink of something better in mind.

On 20/10/2023 at 21:37, foxile5 said:

Just playing through the Ruyjin storyline and **** me is this tedious.

Travel here and click A and travel back.

It's about the least engaging set of fetch quests I've ever done. Virtually the same locations each time. No enemies. 

This is a lot of the game, unfortunately. 

Lots of "this could've been sorted with an email" quests.

23 hours ago, RoboFox said:

This is a lot of the game, unfortunately. 

Lots of "this could've been sorted with an email" quests.

The main quest has been engaging enough but it's certainly looking that way now. This is a real shame. I had totally bought into the 'the game gets going after sixty hours' rhetoric thinking that the skills tree would have pronounced impacts on gameplay.

I'm baffled as to why RPG makers don't just look at RDR2 and Witcher 3 and follow how they do quests. Why presume that the old ways are the best.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've given up with this TBH. I got so bored doing the temples. 

Shortest amount of time I've ever spent with a Bethesda RPG, but there just wasn't enough to keep me coming back. 

I haven’t touched the game in a couple of months now

Played it for about 20 hours or so when it first came out but once I put it down I haven’t had any interest in going back to it

Now stuck behind quite a few other games that I have in my “to play” list

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I haven’t touched the game in a couple of months now

Played it for about 20 hours or so when it first came out but once I put it down I haven’t had any interest in going back to it

Now stuck behind quite a few other games that I have in my “to play” list

I'm like that with every game. A few days off and I struggle to get back into it. Think that's the problem with such massive games these days, you need the time to play long sessions to properly enjoy them.