Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Starfield

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Physical copies will come with a code and no actual disc, very anti consumer and a look in to the future, unfortunately, many people still like to trade old games in for new games, especially with everyone tightening their belts. Wonder how much coverage this will get. 

Pretty sure this has been debunked as a mistake by Bethesda support on Twitter. Only the Constellation edition will be a code.

This is going to be the next Cyberpunk. 

Not necessarily in terms of launch bugs but just that the hype is already so absurdly ridiculous it can't possibly live up to it. 

People are convincing themselves it's going to be about eight different AAA games all in one and is going to be amazing at everything. There's going to be a lot of angry neckbeards out there when it turns out to just be a fairly decent space rpg. 

Edited by Finnegan

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is going to be the next Cyberpunk. 

Not necessarily in terms of launch bugs but just that the hype is already so absurdly ridiculous it can't possibly live up to it. 

People are convincing themselves it's going to be about eight different AAA games all in one and is going to be amazing at everything. There's going to be a lot of angry neckbeards out there when it turns out to just be a fairly decent space rpg. 

I'm absolutely pumped for this, but yeah of course. It's such a weird cultural thing with video games and the internet that these people seem unable to be able to taper their expectations and then then fly into a collective rage when these obviously unrealistic standards aren't met. I just think people are a bit thick. 

Bethesda are notorious bullshitters. The promised scale of it is particularly suspicious and I think people will be surprised at how the "1000 planets" thing translates to actual gameplay.

However, Cyberpunk was probably the most disastrous launch ever. It's set the bar. There's no way Bethesda / Zenimax / Microsoft would allow it. There's too much riding on this release as part of their exclusivity plans. 

If this can be as good as Skyrim and Fallout 4 (and there's no reason it shouldn't be) then I'd be happy.

• Like 1

Bit harsh to call them bullshitters.  Bethesda Game Studios have released:

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • IHRA Professional Drag Racing
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Fallout 3
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Fallout Shelter 
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • The Elder Scrolls: Blades
  • Starfield

It's only been Fallout 76 where they were, absolutely rightly, called out for over-promising on the game and the shambles that was pre-order kit.  Generally speaking though they've absolutely nailed their games.  The above list are games that I would happily play again and again.

I do agree though that the expectation for this game is so high, even if it's a 9/10 people will feel short changed.  Hopefully the car crash of Redfall (Arkane not Bethesda) does give some focus to getting this right.  For years MS have been ribbed by Sony for not having decent exclusives and there is truth in that.  Microsoft can't afford for this to have negativity after Halo Infinite.

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I'm absolutely pumped for this, but yeah of course. It's such a weird cultural thing with video games and the internet that these people seem unable to be able to taper their expectations and then then fly into a collective rage when these obviously unrealistic standards aren't met. I just think people are a bit thick. 

Bethesda are notorious bullshitters. The promised scale of it is particularly suspicious and I think people will be surprised at how the "1000 planets" thing translates to actual gameplay.

However, Cyberpunk was probably the most disastrous launch ever. It's set the bar. There's no way Bethesda / Zenimax / Microsoft would allow it. There's too much riding on this release as part of their exclusivity plans. 

If this can be as good as Skyrim and Fallout 4 (and there's no reason it shouldn't be) then I'd be happy.

Of course, Cyberpunk was bad for a whole mountain of technical reasons. But even if it had played brilliant it still would have provoked outrage because it simply wasn't the game the internet virgins had convinced themselves it was going to be. 

And as an Elite Dangerous player, I can tell you exactly just how empty 1000s of planets can and do look in actual gameplay. 

Makes me glad I'm not a video game spaffer as I could play it and think it's phenomenal as a more casual gamer. 

People allowing themselves to have such ridiculous expectations only bring it upon themselves. 

The hype is never real......never

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Bit harsh to call them bullshitters.  Bethesda Game Studios have released:

• The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • IHRA Professional Drag Racing
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Fallout 3
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Fallout Shelter 
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • The Elder Scrolls: Blades
  • Starfield

It's only been Fallout 76 where they were, absolutely rightly, called out for over-promising on the game and the shambles that was pre-order kit.  Generally speaking though they've absolutely nailed their games.  The above list are games that I would happily play again and again.

I do agree though that the expectation for this game is so high, even if it's a 9/10 people will feel short changed.  Hopefully the car crash of Redfall (Arkane not Bethesda) does give some focus to getting this right.  For years MS have been ribbed by Sony for not having decent exclusives and there is truth in that.  Microsoft can't afford for this to have negativity after Halo Infinite.

Yeah I'm a huge Bethesda fan. First played Daggerfall in probably 1997. Morrowind in my top 10. Named my first born Dagoth Ur.

Still feel comfortable calling them - or more specifically Todd Howard - a bit of a bullshitter. A great executive who has transformed that company and overseen some classics, but he's certainly loose with facts. The overhyping of their games goes back way before Fallout 76. I get it though, he's the face of the company and its his job to flog the games... And I almost guarantee that they will have overhyped it again. Doesn't mean to say it won't be a grade-A classic game, mind. 

Edited by RoboFox

15 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Yeah I'm a huge Bethesda fan. First played Daggerfall in probably 1997. Morrowind in my top 10. Named my first born Dagoth Ur.

Still feel comfortable calling them - or more specifically Todd Howard - a bit of a bullshitter. A great executive who has transformed that company and overseen some classics, but he's certainly loose with facts. The overhyping of their games goes back way before Fallout 76. I get it though, he's the face of the company and its his job to flog the games... And I almost guarantee that they will have overhyped it again. Doesn't mean to say it won't be a grade-A classic game, mind. 

Ever see the "quick" retrospective? One for viewing on the throne... 

It’s going to be the best game ever, if not even better than that.

Finners is just being edgy negative to appear gamer cool. Don’t listen to him; he’s just being a typical woke lefty.

Boo, Finners. Booooooooooooo!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...