Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Starfield

20 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

From what I've read and seen about this I'm pleasantly surprised. It was never going to be the genre changing/defining game the fa boys were chirping about but it seems like a really solid and fun outing (again, going on simply what I've read and seen) and also with modders and first parry support could maybe become a really great game over time. I'll defo check it out when it releases on game pass, just hope my series s can cope. 

I've had two crashes on mine in what I would guess is 8ish hours of gameplay. It autosaves enough that you lost at most 5 mins playtime.

Other than that runs very smooth

8 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Any major gripes with the game? 

Seems like peoples main problems centre around the way travel works (or doesn't) and how crap the inventory management is. 

Early game inventory is ridiculously small - but then I've been selling most stuff to bump up my credits.

My only real gripe is that you get employed to do jobs and have to provide all of your own stuff - it's worse than being a self-employed delivery driver...which I kinda guess I am - IN SPACE.

Aside from that there's just the usual Bethesda stuff which I find endearing. I'm completely absorbed by it.

very very early impressions as I've only played an hour or two.... 

it reminds me quite alot of the Knights of the Old Republic Game (maybe it's the space links) but that game is one of my favourite ever, so I think i'm going to enjoy Starfield... I don't get that much time to play now i'm a 41 year old with kids and responsibilities.... but I can see Football Manager taking a backseat for the rest of this year! lol. 

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The amount of stuff scattered around that you can pick up is overwhelming though. 

Bethesda hallmark, that.

Just for reference - most of it is useless shit that will stay in your inventory until you sell it for a fraction of what it tells you it's worth and you get pissed off about that.

• Like 1

Right - my first thoughts as follows.

It FEELS really big and really expansive. Like it's got weeks of original and non repetitive gameplay in it. Time will tell on that.

It looks really slick. It's got a polish about it that is just visually stunning .

The score and the sound effects actually add to the game which is rare. I'm really enjoying that so far.

It doesn't feel like it's revolutionary, yet. It hasn't shown itself to have something so 'next gen' that it's blown me away, though. Quests are not unfamiliar. Crafting and upgrading not exactly unfamiliar. Ditto with the base building.

Dialogue and interaction isn't YET pronounced or significantly interesting. I don't yet feel there's much consequence.

The AI isn't up to much. The enemies are really easy. Right now it's not so bad but that could become a cause for disengagement as I get into it.

The storyline is fun and the characters are interesting enough. It's classic Bethesda fare but I enjoy that so that's not a negative.

All in all its going to be a really ****ing fun game and I'm 100% hooked but I'm not yet convinced it's the next step in gaming that Skyrim was. It doesn't have anything that truly stands out as genre defining. That's not a bad thing, though. It's No Man's Skyrim and I am here for it.

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Right - my first thoughts as follows.

It FEELS really big and really expansive. Like it's got weeks of original and non repetitive gameplay in it. Time will tell on that.

It looks really slick. It's got a polish about it that is just visually stunning .

The score and the sound effects actually add to the game which is rare. I'm really enjoying that so far.

It doesn't feel like it's revolutionary, yet. It hasn't shown itself to have something so 'next gen' that it's blown me away, though. Quests are not unfamiliar. Crafting and upgrading not exactly unfamiliar. Ditto with the base building.

Dialogue and interaction isn't YET pronounced or significantly interesting. I don't yet feel there's much consequence.

The AI isn't up to much. The enemies are really easy. Right now it's not so bad but that could become a cause for disengagement as I get into it.

The storyline is fun and the characters are interesting enough. It's classic Bethesda fare but I enjoy that so that's not a negative.

All in all its going to be a really ****ing fun game and I'm 100% hooked but I'm not yet convinced it's the next step in gaming that Skyrim was. It doesn't have anything that truly stands out as genre defining. That's not a bad thing, though. It's No Man's Skyrim and I am here for it.

This changes after the first mission, when you go on the first mission with that woman things start to get a lot harder and the AI seems much better than the first battle, strange as I thought the AI was terrible as well in that first mission but much harder now and the shotgun is pretty lethal.

Great game so far, massive.

not sure if I've been to New atlantis yet or if it was Jameson, lots going on lol 

Edited by whoareyaaa

Had a couple of hours to play on this last night and didn't disappoint. I was messing about flying my ship around asteroids and what not when I found a floating space station, tried to hail them but got no answer as I got closer and closer, managed to dock on and then entered and it was really eerie, quiet and dark with zero gravity so everything was just floating about. Then I found a few dead people floating about, it was like something out of a film. Eventually as I got around the station I found a group of robbers - took a while to clear them out because of the zero gravity which took a while to get to grips with but I was properly immersed in it. Reminded me of playing Alien Trilogy when I was a kid. 

• Like 1