Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Starfield

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

IGN have been particularly middling about it, but seems like everywhere else it's overwhelmingly positive

Sounds like the actual game itself is great, but they suffered the same as No Man's Sky by incorporating looks of vanilla environments that don't add much to the experience.  Still holding my nerve for next week though.

21 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Sounds like the actual game itself is great, but they suffered the same as No Man's Sky by incorporating looks of vanilla environments that don't add much to the experience.  Still holding my nerve for next week though.

Also geared towards genre veterans, banks on immersion and is a slow burner, which some didn't like.

Pretty much everyone says the inventory management is shit, though. 

Currently 87 on Metacritic which is pretty much a must play so I'm pumped still. 

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Also geared towards genre veterans, banks on immersion and is a slow burner, which some didn't like.

Pretty much everyone says the inventory management is shit, though. 

Currently 87 on Metacritic which is pretty much a must play so I'm pumped still. 

Yeah I'm excited too. I just saw Jeff Gerstmann's review, who has a similar taste to me, and he's enthusiastic for it. 

It sounds like exactly what I expected it to be i.e. the usual Bethesda RPG but bigger. Lots of freedom to explore, some nice things to see, slightly crap combat, buggy as **** and if you're lucky about two interesting characters in the whole game. Think it's a wait for sale job for me.

• Like 1

I have zero attention span when it comes to games, I need instant gratification so used to just play warzone over and over so the chances of me actually getting any decent gaming time into this is slim, however, from a couple of vids I watched last night I think it looks bloody decent and I hope a long dark winter will give me the time to play it. 

But first I'm 2% of the way through AC Origins after about 5 months lol

Edited by Lako42

Doesn't look like it's going to hit the hype the fanboys gave it but I think it looks decent. I like Fallout 4 and Skyrim which is all I was expecting to be honest.  Not the 'massive genre defining game' that lots were expecting.

Inventory management looks poor and reviews are saying takes a good while to get good and enjoyable at the beginning.

Enjoyed the few hours I got to play it yesterday, now off on holiday so won’t be able to pick it up again until next Sunday

Took me a bit to get used to the controls back on Xbox, kept dropping everything when looking around in my inventory!

Got straight back into my old ways with Bethesda games, picking up literally everything that isn’t nailed down, didn’t take me long to be overencumbered lol

I think the things Bethesda often messes up (inventory, maps, menu complication) are all as you'd expect but after about 3 hours I love it so far.

Think it's a bit too hand-holdy but otherwise it's really good. Combat is good, environments are really impressive. Currently on the second main story mission then will sack that off and explore for a while.

21 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

is it possible to buy on game pass or just wait till wednesday

You can for 31 quid. 

Click Starfield in Gamepass and there's a button for all editions. 

Edited by Zear0
  • Thanks 1

From what I've read and seen about this I'm pleasantly surprised. It was never going to be the genre changing/defining game the fa boys were chirping about but it seems like a really solid and fun outing (again, going on simply what I've read and seen) and also with modders and first parry support could maybe become a really great game over time. I'll defo check it out when it releases on game pass, just hope my series s can cope. 

Two hours for breakfast shuttling miners around the universe, stealing things and doing basic recovery missions wherever I dump the miners off at - and got me my first big ship. 

Three decks, 6 beds, stuff flashing everywhere - it’s brilliant!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

From what I've read and seen about this I'm pleasantly surprised. It was never going to be the genre changing/defining game the fa boys were chirping about but it seems like a really solid and fun outing (again, going on simply what I've read and seen) and also with modders and first parry support could maybe become a really great game over time. I'll defo check it out when it releases on game pass, just hope my series s can cope. 

I saw a Tik Tok from a guy who tested the game on PC and the 2 different X Boxes (The S Series and whatever the other one is called). He said all 3 ran smooth as butter. So you should be ok.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Two hours for breakfast shuttling miners around the universe, stealing things and doing basic recovery missions wherever I dump the miners off at - and got me my first big ship. 

Three decks, 6 beds, stuff flashing everywhere - it’s brilliant!

Any major gripes with the game? 

Seems like peoples main problems centre around the way travel works (or doesn't) and how crap the inventory management is.