Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

20th July to 20th August. Final in Sydney. 

England grouped with Haiti, Denmark and China in Group D. Playing in Australia - Haiti in Brisbane, Denmark in Sydney, and then China in Perth. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Leah Williamson and Beth Mead will both be missed.

I don't think I've ever been quite as gutted for a player being injured and missing a tournament as I am for Leah.

Really looking forward to this. I guess kick off times are going to be early mornings (in the UK) though?

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I don't think I've ever been quite as gutted for a player being injured and missing a tournament as I am for Leah.

Really looking forward to this. I guess kick off times are going to be early mornings (in the UK) though?

Most likely. 

A-League games are usually between 6am and 12pm depending on location. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Most likely. 

A-League games are usually between 6am and 12pm depending on location. 

cheers - just had a quick look 

according to first result on Google (not totally fact checked but looks ok - I think!)

Saturday 22nd July 

England v Haiti 

Lang Park, Brisbane

10.30am (UK)

Friday 28th July 

England v Denmark 

Allianz Stadium, Sydney

9.30am (UK)

Tuesday 1st August

England v China

Hindmarsh Stadium, Adelaide

12.00pm (UK)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3558881/womens-world-cup-set-to-feature-four-foxes

Women's World Cup Set To Feature Four Foxes
LCFC WOMEN
Published 2 hrs 12 mins ago
2 MinutesReading time
Four LCFC Women players will represent their countries at the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup this summer.
The best 32 teams from across the globe are set to compete over in Australia and New Zealand during July and August, taking part in the biggest women's sporting event in the world ahead of the new Barclays Women's Super League season.

The first edition in the Southern Hemisphere, it will also be the first to be co-hosted by two confederations - and the first to feature 32 teams.

Here's a lowdown on the schedules for the City squad members taking part in the group stage...

Australia - Courtney Nevin, Remy Siemsen
Courtney Nevin & Remy Siemsen
Queensland is the destination for Australia's pre-World Cup training camp.

One of the co-hosts for the tournament, Australia did not have to qualify to reach the finals. Drawn in Group B, they'll begin at Sydney Football Stadium against Republic of Ireland on Thursday 20 July (11am kick-off). 

A week later, Nigeria are the opponents at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane - an 11am kick-off on Thursday 27 July. Canada complete the Matildas' fixtures, with the pair meeting at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium on Monday 31 July (11am kick-off). 

City's pair of Courtney Nevin and Remy Siemsen have both been named in a provisional 29-player squad to participate in the final preparations under the tutelage of head coach Tony Gustavsson.

Training in the Gold Coast, Queensland, Melbourne's Marvel Stadium will then be the venue for a friendly against France on Friday 14 July (10:30am kick-off).

New Zealand - CJ Bott
CJ Bott
The 28-year-old made her senior international debut against Korea Republic in March 2014.

Fellow hosts New Zealand will line up alongside Norway, Philippines and Switzerland in Group A, opening the tournament at Eden Park in Auckland against Norway on Thursday 20 July (8am kick-off).

The Football Ferns then face Philippines on Tuesday 25 July, in a 6:30am kick-off at Sky Stadium in Wellington. New Zealand go head-to-head with Switzerland five days later. It's an 8am kick-off at Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin.

Before all that, Vietnam provide friendly opposition for the 26th ranked team in the world on Monday 10 July (6:30am kick-off), when City full-back CJ Bott will be hoping for game-time. 

Nigeria - Ashleigh Plumptre
Ashleigh Plumptre
The Nigerian defender assisted her country in qualifying for the World Cup.

The Leicester centre-back is part of a 23-player squad heading to the tournament for the nine-time Africa Women Cup Of Nations Champions.

Drawn in a group also containing Canada, Australia and Republic of Ireland, the Super Falcons will take on Canada in their first game at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium on Friday 21 July (3:30am kick-off).

Australia and a potential meeting with two City team-mates is up next for the African nation on Thursday 27 July (11am kick-off), being held at Suncorp Stadium. Group B concludes with a match-up against Ireland on Monday 31 July (11am kick-off). 

All times BST.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2023 at 14:28, davieG said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3558881/womens-world-cup-set-to-feature-four-foxes

Australia - Courtney Nevin, Remy Siemsen
Courtney Nevin & Remy Siemsen
Queensland is the destination for Australia's pre-World Cup training camp.

One of the co-hosts for the tournament, Australia did not have to qualify to reach the finals. Drawn in Group B, they'll begin at Sydney Football Stadium against Republic of Ireland on Thursday 20 July (11am kick-off). 

A week later, Nigeria are the opponents at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane - an 11am kick-off on Thursday 27 July. Canada complete the Matildas' fixtures, with the pair meeting at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium on Monday 31 July (11am kick-off). 

City's pair of Courtney Nevin and Remy Siemsen have both been named in a provisional 29-player squad to participate in the final preparations under the tutelage of head coach Tony Gustavsson.

Training in the Gold Coast, Queensland, Melbourne's Marvel Stadium will then be the venue for a friendly against France on Friday 14 July (10:30am kick-off).

Nevin made the full Aussie squad but no space for Siemsen unfortunately

• 2 weeks later...