Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

1-1!

Opoku scores the equalizer after winning a penalty!

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Close! Better luck next time x

Did I just...how...? 

Huh. Guess that's Foxestalk completed for me now 👀

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Disgusting performance!!!

...seems Brys has been influenced by Maresca, very much gone to a passing game and it will take time to gel!!!

Passes being made when they shouldn't be, getting the ball forward quicker, and being more direct will break this up a bit as teams will become used to the patterns OHL were playing. Good to see someone taking on and beating their man and bearing down on a goal by the #15 if I recall. OHL shooting was woeful, opportunities to shoot in the box but were unable to hit the target or it became a "pass back" to their goalkeeper.

The new style does take the individuality out of the players and they were too focused on what the next pass should, be rather than playing what was in front of them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...seems Brys has been influenced by Maresca, very much gone to a passing game and it will take time to gel!!!

Passes being made when they shouldn't be, getting the ball forward quicker, and being more direct will break this up a bit as teams will become used to the patterns OHL were playing. Good to see someone taking on and beating their man and bearing down on a goal by the #15 if I recall. OHL shooting was woeful, opportunities to shoot in the box but were unable to hit the target or it became a "pass back" to their goalkeeper.

The new style does take the individuality out of the players and they were too focused on what the next pass should, be rather than playing what was in front of them.

We should've sacked him at the end of last season!!

BRYS OUT!!!

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Maybe Top is trying to get his business even more like Man City’s and copy the city group model lol 

30 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Maybe Top is trying to get his business even more like Man City’s and copy the city group model lol 

...when the ladies' team start playing possession football, and Tierney is playing in front of the defence containing a back 3, and Willie Kirk has gone bald with a goatee, then we will know!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

the belgian brendan will cling on until it’s too late. 

Why do the club pretend to learn lessons 

This is my exact feeling. 

I really think we'll have a similar season as you had last season. 

My only hope is we don't wait until it's too late 

Results and standings after week 1

USG 2-0 Anderlecht
Eupen 2-2 Westerlo
Charleroi 1-1 OH Leuven
RWD Molenbeek 0-4 Genk
Antwerp 1-0 Cercle Brugge
Gent 3-2 Kortrijk
Club Brugge 1-1 KV Mechelen
St. Truidense 1-0 Standard Liège

image.thumb.png.bb236d8f981e103882b2219b9bedfbad.png

Fixtures for week 2

Friday August 4th

Standard Liège - Union

Saturday August 5th

Genk - Eupen
Cercle Brugge - Charleroi
OH Leuven - RWD Molenbeek

Sunday August 6th

Anderlecht - Antwerp
KV Mechelen - Gent
Westerlo - Club Brugge
Kortrijk - St. Truidense

Really hoping this deal goes through, but OHL will have to give Frey a very convincing wage I am afraid. He is not interested to join us. He is not the most refined player but very strong and strong in the air. He is a clinical striker too. He could finally be the one to replace Henry properly.

SmartSelect_20230731_224047_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Phugalu
  • Like 2

...19 minutes gone, OHL a goal up (1 - 0) Opuku with the assist!!!

For the first time, a player in the centre takes the ball on a backfoot turn and plays the ball in the direction of their opponent. This possession football seems to have the players playing facing their own goal too much. Fair play to Opuku to be innovative.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...19 minutes gone, OHL a goal up (1 - 0) Opuku with the assist!!!

For the first time, a player in the centre takes the ball on a backfoot turn and plays the ball in the direction of their opponent. This possession football seems to have the players playing facing their own goal too much. Fair play to Opuku to be innovative.

Link to the game?

...half time 1 - 1 late goal was conceded!!!

Molenbeek were beaten  4 - 0 in their first game in the league and this should have been a good chance for full points for OHL, but they are very physical and have an outlet #7 who seems capable. Let's see if they can maintain this tempo for the second half, they have created openings.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

...final whistle 1 - 2 Molenbeek, disappointing result, far too much emphasis on passing the ball than making sensible decisions when around the opponent's goal!!

It needed someone to take on the defenders and run at them in the box, too often it was lazy balls being pumped into the box for someone to get on to.

Molenbeek seemed a better-drilled team and was a lot more composed when building their play.

• Like 1