Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

Results and standings after week 3

Antwerp 6-0 Kortrijk
RWD Molenbeek 1-0 KV Mechelen
USG 5-1 OH Leuven
Cercle Brugge 0-1 Genk
St. Truidense 0-1 Anderlecht
Eupen 0-5 Club Brugge
Charleroi 1-1 Standard Liège
Westerlo 1-3 Gent

image.thumb.png.650cb2f597b6fd071605fbe1e3c22538.png

Fixtures fot week 4

Friday August 18th

OH Leuven - Antwerp

Saturday August 19th

Standard Liège - Cercle Brugge
KV Mechelen - USG

Sunday August 20th

Genk - Charleroi
Anderlecht - Westerlo
Gent - St. Truidense
Club Brugge - RWD Molenbeek
Kortrijk - Eupen
  • Sad 1

Let's see if our team starts performing the moment we have all newcomers on the field. Before that I am not gonna target anyone. The homework is being done late as always, but than again our season starts too early compared to the end of the transfer window. I am not gonna blame Brys right away either. Our way of playing is very poor with all that crawling back after we score a goal and it is more of the same from previous seasons, but we also lost De Norre and Maertens is struggling with his form at the moment. Sagrado is young and needs to grow while playing, so did Patris. N'dri is way better than Tamari, I just don't know why he doesn't play from the start yet. I have high hopes for Misao and let's hope Jonathan Braut Brunes hits the bullseye. I have confidence in the new goalie too, he seems to be the same type of player as Cojocaru... if he can kick a ball right now as well he would be our first pick. Many of our supporters think that money grows on trees or that Top will throw money at us. He is investing. An investment takes time. The only mistake they made was telling us we would become champion very soon. A bit silly if you can't live up to a long term vision... but it is what it is. Our youngsters come through, we sell them for a lot of money, for our standards, the facilities are there... we need another 4 years before we can show our progress I think.

I would like to see a young version of Mercier to join us and another winger as backup/replacement for Thorsteinsson. He is too inconsistent for me. Maybe a right back too in case Sagrado doesn't come fully through.

Edited by Phugalu

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20230816_97696210

Plagued OHL CEO Peter Willems on supporters evening: “I feel more support than ever from King Power”

About 150 people showed up for the supporters evening of OH Leuven. It came after supporters protests broke out last weekend and “Willems out” was chanted towards CEO Peter Willems. The same Willems also said that the sporting ambitions remain unchanged. “Tickling the top six”, the CEO calls it.

Five representatives of OH Leuven spoke to the fans: CEO Peter Willems, football director Ariël Jacobs, coach Marc Brys, Academy director Henk Mariman and players Mathieu Maertens and Siebe Schrijvers. The evening passed off calmly and constructively, the meeting lasted exactly two and a half hours. Willems set out the various objectives: "Tickling the top six, delivering and drafting our own youth players, delivering players to Leicester, playing the Champions League with the women, limiting budgetary losses and expanding the community even further," it sounded. "In most areas we are taking steps in the right direction and this season we will be able to limit our losses for the first time."

Willems was asked whether he could be held personally responsible if the sporting goals were not achieved, and certainly in the event of relegation. “I am accountable to the board and to King Power, not the fans,” said the CEO. “But in the event of a relegation I will of course question myself. At the moment I feel more support than ever from King Power. The chants against me, which were certainly not fun for me personally, have also reached them.” Willems, incidentally, made a combative impression.

There were also questions about Paul Van Der Schueren, who is involved with Proper Handen and is still a member of the vzw and cbva OHL, two separate entities that are not currently owned by King Power or by the current club board. “The situation is not ideal,” says Willems. “I set up consultants there to see what it would cost to buy those organizations and passed the amounts on to King Power, but that purchase is not a priority for them at the moment.”

Rumors that King Power would like to sell in the short or medium term were quashed. “There is no time limit on that collaboration,” says Willems. "If the owner wants to sell one day, of course he will, but there is no signal to indicate that."

Brys' position was also discussed. There has been a rumor that Maertens and Schrijvers asked the board to dismiss the coach at the end of last year. This has previously been denied to our editors by various sources, and was now also dismissed as nonsense. It is true that there are still players who think that Brys puts too much effort on training.

The fact that the OHL board had contact with other trainers in the summer also led to questions. “Just as we have a shadow team ready for players, we have to do the same for the coach, in case something unexpected happens,” was the answer.

When a supporter commented that the club communicates insufficiently and not well to the fans, it led to loud applause. And yet several fans told us afterwards that they were satisfied with the constructive meeting.

Who left a good impression was Ariel Jacobs. He gave thoughtful, comprehensive answers. It's clear he cares a lot for OHL. “When I signed I thought I was working at 60 percent, but it turned out to be 120 percent,” he said. “I watch all U21, U18 and U16 matches to spot talent for our first team.” Jacobs said he was annoyed by some brokers. “At Mandela Keita we have tried endlessly to keep him, but if his broker talks in his head that he has to go to Antwerp, you can't get it out. Louis Patris told me that he would much rather go to Hoffenheim than to Anderlecht, and hardly a day later he signs for Anderlecht. Those are strange things that you see a lot in contemporary football,” he concludes.

• Like 1

Interesting he actually says delivering players to Leicester, because they’ve flopped at that so far. Obviously we all know that’s the aim with owning two teams but seems any favourable loans has now stopped unless the manager really really approves of them whilst the likes of Patris or Keita were either seemingly not good enough for us or weren’t made to feel joining us as the natural progression within the king power group. 

Something needs to change to benefit both us and Leuven. European football for Leuven should be the aim with the back of king power.

• Like 1