Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

Women's Football 2023-24

Obviously the World Cup to go through first but with the transfer window open and fixtures for the domestic game in England out in the next few weeks, even if the opening WSL game isn't until the 29th September, I thought I'd start this thread now.

Likely the biggest signing (non-Leicester anyway :P) of the summer has just happened with Alessia Russo moving to Arsenal on a free from Man United...6 months after United turned down a World Record offer for her:

Should be an interesting season on all fronts, see if the post-Euros boom in this country continues at the same rate and how the World Cup effects things.

Some Key Dates:

World Cup Start - 20 July

World Cup Final - 20 August

Transfer Window Closes - 14 September

WSL Season Start - 29/30 September/1 October

UEFA Women's Nations League - 21 September-5 December

UEFA Women's Nations League Finals - 21-28 February

FA Cup Final - 11/12 May

UEFA Women's Champions League Final - 24/25/26 May (Bilbao)

• Thanks 1

SAINTS FC Women have announced the signing of Molly Pike following her departure from Leicester City.

Pike played 18 games for the Foxes in the Women's Super League last season as they finished in 10th place.

Having started her footballing journey on the south coast with the Hampshire FA, the 22 year old rose through the ranks at Chelsea.

She signed her first professional contract with Everton ahead of the 2019-20 WSL season, before going on to play for Bristol City and Leicester.

Speaking on her move to Southampton, Pike said: “I'm really excited. The club's ambition is amazing, and I'm really excited to be a part of that.

“The style of football that Southampton plays suits me completely and it's back down south, close to home, which is also nice.”

Pike arrives with a wealth of experience at the top level of women's football having made 67 career appearances in the WSL.

A youth international for England, Pike captained the Under-19s and was also part of the Under-23s squad.

Head Coach Marieanne Spacey-Cale was quick to praise the newest addition and what she’ll bring to the squad: “We are delighted to welcome Molly to the club.

“Although still young Molly has a great deal of experience of playing in the WSL and internationally. 

“On the pitch, she will bring energy and quality with the ball.”

• Thanks 1

Carolina Morace’s first signing for London City Lionesses is central midfielder Connie Scofield on a free transfer from Leicester City.

The 24-year-old has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the Pride, after spending the last two seasons contracted to the Foxes, including a six-month loan spell with Coventry United.

Schofield said: “The club is on a really good journey and I can’t wait to start the season here.

“I just really want to win and will give everything to help the team. I enjoyed working with [First Team Assistant Coach] Nicola Williams at Leicester City. I like her technical sessions, I like her personality as a coach, and I like her as a person – which was a really important selling point for me.

“I really enjoyed my first day training with Nicola again and I can’t wait for Carolina to get involved. I liked the intensity of the session – all of the drills are different, which makes training enjoyable. I’m just happy to be here.”

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Tragic news about the Sheffield United player Maddy Cusack 27 no age. Cant see any news on the reason yet? Was she known to be ill.

Knew she was with us briefly in the Championship, turns out she came through our academy for a bit too (Derby girl originally), awful news...hope any of the players that knew her are getting the right support, I know Demi Lambourne would have played with her here and Sam Tierney at Sheff U, not sure on any others.

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Good goals by England but Scotland merited one too .

Disallowed goal harsh but can see why these days it would be chalked even if soft .

Its a funny one, England goal should have stood and Scotland should have had a penalty. Scotland playing well on the break and 2-1 keeps it interesting.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 21:30, LCFCJoe96 said:

Belgium beating Netherlands, looks a very open group unless we up our performances from this

Lost late on in the Netherlands too .

Doesn’t sound like it was a great performance either .

Does seem a bit unusual not to have VAR but then who knows what decision it would have made !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66931694