Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Threads-Insta

5 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

because there’s not an ad every three tweets on Twitter?

”the Instagram users” is such an odd phrase too, do you reckon theirs an exclusive group of insta kids that don’t have Twitter?

Ads don't bother me, not really odd as most instagram users will use it.. I mean if you use twitter and don't use Instagram I doubt those people will  use it i.e me. 

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

30 million

bizarre people expecting it to be as good as an platform that’s been around for well over a decade with a mature algorithm

But it isn’t functional. There’s no trending, you can’t search for keywords.

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

All else aside, I'm looking at your new username and wondering what your preferred pronoun is?

I can’t make my mind up about a name and you expect me to have thought that far ahead?

3 hours ago, Daggers Kelly Sabrina Jill said:

I can’t make my mind up about a name and you expect me to have thought that far ahead?

Mine is "Sire".

Respectful, with a hint of impregnation.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

because there’s not an ad every three tweets on Twitter?

”the Instagram users” is such an odd phrase too, do you reckon theirs an exclusive group of insta kids that don’t have Twitter?

People aren't blocking advertiser's on sight?

28 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

People aren't blocking advertiser's on sight?

Self evidently not as the platforms still exist. The site you're posting on doesn't exist if not for ad revenue, by the way.

Threads looks likely to be popular relative to new social media platforms. I barely use Twitter, though, so can't see what use I'd have for it. Then again I doubt I expected to use Tiktok when it first came about, so we'll see.

Appears the functionality I crave is coming and this was rushed out to capitalise on Twitter’s misfortunes. 

A spate of blocking accounts I’ve zero interest in and following some nice ones has made the t/l look reasonable this morning, so the algo is learning - just very slowly. 

If it gets rid of the hate mongers, it’s a win in my book as long as they can hurry up with chronological listings and a search function. 

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Self evidently not as the platforms still exist. The site you're posting on doesn't exist if not for ad revenue, by the way.

Threads looks likely to be popular relative to new social media platforms. I barely use Twitter, though, so can't see what use I'd have for it. Then again I doubt I expected to use Tiktok when it first came about, so we'll see.

I mean, Foxestalk isn't, as far as I've seen, advertising pump and dump scams. Not a high bar to clear but somehow Twitter is still failing it:

also, it's ****ing hilarious watching Elon Musk lose his entire fortune by attempting to become even more divorced than Graham "Carbonara for one" Linehan 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, Foxestalk isn't, as far as I've seen, advertising pump and dump scams. Not a high bar to clear but somehow Twitter is still failing it:

also, it's ****ing hilarious watching Elon Musk lose his entire fortune by attempting to become even more divorced than Graham "Carbonara for one" Linehan 

That isn't an ad. I'm only pointing out that without advertising you don't have a free internet because I work in the space, but it's true. 

I agree Twitter is an absolute cesspit.

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

That isn't an ad. I'm only pointing out that without advertising you don't have a free internet because I work in the space, but it's true. 

I agree Twitter is an absolute cesspit.

It was a promoted tweet, which is effectively an ad, for quite a few accounts. Given a lot of advertisers are pulling away from twitter on account of not wanting their products associated with @HitlerLover88 and all the other freaks Musk unbanned, adverts on there now are primarily gambling, crypto and scams, so block on sight. I'm not using one of my alloted 600 posts a day for someone to sell me an ape jpeg 

27 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It was a promoted tweet, which is effectively an ad, for quite a few accounts. Given a lot of advertisers are pulling away from twitter on account of not wanting their products associated with @HitlerLover88 and all the other freaks Musk unbanned, adverts on there now are primarily gambling, crypto and scams, so block on sight. I'm not using one of my alloted 600 posts a day for someone to sell me an ape jpeg 

Fair points, I haven't put Twitter on a media plan for well over a year for brand safety reasons you allude to. But from a user POV, just don't use Twitter. 

It has gone from being a home for trolls and the vocal minority to being a home for trolls and the vocal minority plus unbanned, more famous trolls. It's a horrible place to be.

• 2 weeks later...