Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Threads-Insta

The new Threads app, it’s a bit shit isn’t it?

No hashtagging, no ability to search posts by topic, no trending. Seems to be a wall of shiny faced blue tick influencer cvnts and nothing much else. 

Not the Twitter killer it was hyped up to be. 

Or am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No hashtagging, no ability to search posts by topic, no trending. Seems to be a wall of shiny faced blue tick influencer cvnts and nothing much else. 

Think it's clearly a very basic version. Very early days yet. Personally I like the UI but it won't take off until it at least has: 

- A timeline for people you follow

- A timeline for looking at newest threads

- Hashtags

- Trend List

It's UI is fantastic though. Simplistic, modern and fresh. But that's no surprise when it's made by META. 

Whilst it'd be great to have a "full version" at release, large companies work with agile methodologies now which means a dumbed-down version would always be released as soon as it's ready so it can be built upon. And with Threads having Meta/Instragram linked behind it, people won't forget about it whilst they make improvements. 

Certainly has a way to go until it competes. 

Edited by Adster

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Check you out, social media whore, gobbling down Zuckerberg's wang.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Daggers Kelly Sabrina Jill said:

All else aside, I'm looking at your new username and wondering what your preferred pronoun is?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

glorified twitter and no where near as good and never will be... the instagram crowd will use it but it won't be as big as twitter

We’re already at 10 million users, roll with us or get rolled over baby!!!

Earlier, Mr Zuckerberg said keeping the platform "friendly... will ultimately be the key to its success".

But Mr Musk responded: "It is infinitely preferable to be attacked by strangers on Twitter, than indulge in the false happiness of hide-the-pain Instagram."

So… take your pick, I guess.

*Is there a third option, Elon?

Edited by Dunge

35 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

glorified twitter and no where near as good and never will be... the instagram crowd will use it but it won't be as big as twitter

Eh

Instagram has circa 2bn user accounts and is intrinscly linked to Threads. That's a lot more than Twitter is ever likely to have. 

Whether we like it or not, it's here to stay and certainly won't be "dead by christmas" as some people have e suggested. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

Eh

Instagram has circa 2bn user accounts and is intrinscly linked to Threads. That's a lot more than Twitter is ever likely to have. 

Whether we like it or not, it's here to stay and certainly won't be "dead by christmas" as some people have e suggested. 

The instagram users will use it of course to be expected but its basically just a copy of twitter, its nothing new... just another advertising stream for Facebook (Meta)

Edited by whoareyaaa

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

The instagram users will use it of course to be expected but its basically just a copy of twitter, its nothing new... just another advertising stream for Facebook (Meta)

because there’s not an ad every three tweets on Twitter?

”the Instagram users” is such an odd phrase too, do you reckon theirs an exclusive group of insta kids that don’t have Twitter?