Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alfie.meadsy

Ticket ID checks are they still happening?

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

This rather assumes that people will be there in large numbers

Yeh as per above I bet we take loads everywhere this season, even more so if we start playing well and.......... you know.................winning a few games. Glad I kept an ST and kept my away points now.

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh as per above I bet we take loads everywhere this season, even more so if we start playing well and.......... you know.................winning a few games. Glad I kept an ST and kept my away points now.

Swear it was you who said about hundred times that they were getting rid of their ST? lol

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Swear it was you who said about hundred times that they were getting rid of their ST? lol

Absolutely was not me!!! I have been mocking those claiming they are getting out of their STs and going to watch non-league football instead heinously, but never for once suggested I'd do the same!

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Absolutely was not me!!! I have been mocking those claiming they are getting out of their STs and going to watch non-league football instead heinously, but never for once suggested I'd do the same!

Must be getting you confused, apologies! Was gonna say, that'd be some turn around if so :D

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just gonna bump this in case anyone knows one way or another? Quite fancy going Southampton away with a mate who’s not a member. Surely it won’t sell out being a Friday night and we’ve been there loads of times. Would it be worth buying a ticket under my name and someone elses?

32 minutes ago, Hollism94 said:

Just gonna bump this in case anyone knows one way or another? Quite fancy going Southampton away with a mate who’s not a member. Surely it won’t sell out being a Friday night and we’ve been there loads of times. Would it be worth buying a ticket under my name and someone elses?

You will be fine mate. No problem.

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

For those who went yesterday were there any checks at Huddersfield?

None at all.

It was just a bottleneck up to the turnstiles and straight in.

Not an LCFC based steward in sight as I think it was always those who did the checks last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

there were loads of LCFC stewards there, didn’t see them doing a lot though. 

Ah right, we didn’t see any so stand corrected but we did only get in with 15 mins to go and drove up. 
 Doesn’t surprise me those that were there weren’t doing much. 
I can’t see the point myself? 
Anybody explain why? 

Edited by ElusiveEd

53 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Ah right, we didn’t see any so stand corrected but we did only get in with 15 mins to go and drove up. 
 Doesn’t surprise me those that were there weren’t doing much. 
I can’t see the point myself? 
Anybody explain why? 

we were told last season that they were there on premier league orders. wonder if anyone has told them yet

19 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Yesterday ?? 

Definitely were a handful of arrests of Leicester fans yesterday.

As always it’s the tiny minority that ruin it for the majority but there was a group not far behind me waiting to get in that were an embarrassment. Not even sure they were city fans to be honest, just seemed to be there to be as antagonistic as possible. Thankfully I’ve always found that sort of behaviour relatively rare in our away ends but if the club are aware of more of the type of stuff I saw yesterday I can see why they tried something to root it out. 

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Yesterday ?? 

Yeah - Dave our copper did his public back pat analysis on Twitter 

https://x.com/leicsevents/status/1690417705491337216?s=46&t=G4BjMKLJ3WGBAEQ0Obvi7w

as much I hate the ID scenario, we had an upward trend in arrests and they found that by large they were second hand ticket holders. 

Gives the ammo to do the ID of tickets. 

Edited by CosbehFox

I am willing to bet that there are no checks early doors in the season but if it gets to December and it is looking like we may be in the running for at least a top half finish the ID checks come back.  

I get it as they don't want people with banning orders to still be able to get into games. There is no middle ground in the 2nd hand ticket market as Barry from Braunstone isn't going to know if they are selling their ticket to someone that shouldn't be allowed in. 

• Like 1