Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Rugby World Cup 2023

6 minutes ago, Staff said:

Mbonambi got away with racism on the field last week, despite being reported on the field (and getting away with it) and in the press. so how is he starting today? 

He was accused of something with absolutely no evidence, what audio there is makes it look like Curry running to the ref because he misheard some Afrikaans. South Africa have some hilariously bias fans but I actually do believe them when pretty much all of them without fail have said that South Africans just don't even fvcking use cvnt as an insult it just made no sense. 

The abuse of Curry is shameful (above mentioned terrible SA fans in action) but so is the assassination of Bongi's character and the way the RFU have carried on treating him guilty regardless of any evidence. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He was accused of something with absolutely no evidence, what audio there is makes it look like Curry running to the ref because he misheard some Afrikaans. South Africa have some hilariously bias fans but I actually do believe them when pretty much all of them without fail have said that South Africans just don't even fvcking use cvnt as an insult it just made no sense. 

The abuse of Curry is shameful (above mentioned terrible SA fans in action) but so is the assassination of Bongi's character and the way the RFU have carried on treating him guilty regardless of any evidence. 

Can't be that guilty cos he's started today 😄

I just feel that Curry felt as though it needed reporting at the time it happened because it was enough to merit that he felt he had been abused. And ultimately it is down to how the individual felt about the incident. The fact the referee at the time decided the severity of the accusation on the field didn't deem sufficient for action to be taken, followed by the RFU taking no action shows that certain reports of abuse won't be investigated no matter the victims feelings 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Staff said:

Can't be that guilty cos he's started today 😄

I just feel that Curry felt as though it needed reporting at the time it happened because it was enough to merit that he felt he had been abused. And ultimately it is down to how the individual felt about the incident. The fact the referee at the time decided the severity of the accusation on the field didn't deem sufficient for action to be taken, followed by the RFU taking no action shows that certain reports of abuse won't be investigated no matter the victims feelings 

But he's not a victim if he was wrong about what he heard. 

Without wanting to put words in your mouth it feels like you're trying to have one of those generic moans about how nobody takes racism towards us poor white people seriously. 

But if Bongi did just issue an instruction to his team mates in his own language and Curry misunderstood that then that's Curry's problem. 

And to be clear, the RFU have claimed it's happened in both the last two SA Eng games. What makes more sense, that Bongi, playing for a team that is the embodiment of rugby's fight against racism, with half a team full of white team mates, was stupid enough to be openly, loudly racist to an opposition player not once but twice? And not only that but using an insult that no south African would actually use? 

OR that Bongi shouts "wide side" in his own language to his own team fairly often which is a reasonably common thing to shout in either warning or instruction on a rugby pitch? 

Curry isn't a victim. At best, he's misunderstood and made an unfair judgement about an opposing player. At worst, he's being snide to try and get an opponent sent off and the way he's gone about it in such a backhanded, snitchy say "Sir, what do I do if...." really doesn't reflect well on him at all either. 

If I really thought an opponent had racially abused me on the pitch, I wouldn't be creeping up to the ref asking indirect, facetious questions I'd straight up be saying "ref, Bongi just called me a white cvnt, I want you to do something about it. Now." 

PS: that's a red card. 

Edited by Finnegan

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But he's not a victim if he was wrong about what he heard. 

Without wanting to put words in your mouth it feels like you're trying to have one of those generic moans about how nobody takes racism towards us poor white people seriously. 

But if Bongi did just issue an instruction to his team mates in his own language and Curry misunderstood that then that's Curry's problem. 

And to be clear, the RFU have claimed it's happened in both the last two SA Eng games. What makes more sense, that Bongi, playing for a team that is the embodiment of rugby's fight against racism, with half a team full of white team mates, was stupid enough to be openly, loudly racist to an opposition player not once but twice? And not only that but using an insult that no south African would actually use? 

OR that Bongi shouts "wide side" in his own language to his own team fairly often which is a reasonably common thing to shout in either warning or instruction on a rugby pitch? 

Curry isn't a victim. At best, he's misunderstood and made an unfair judgement about an opposing player. At worst, he's being snide to try and get an opponent sent off and the way he's gone about it in such a backhanded, snitchy say "Sir, what do I do if...." really doesn't reflect well on him at all either. 

If I really thought an opponent had racially abused me on the pitch, I wouldn't be creeping up to the ref asking indirect, facetious questions I'd straight up be saying "ref, Bongi just called me a white cvnt, I want you to do something about it. Now." 

PS: that's a red card. 

I actually agree with everything you've said 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's definitely a "world cup final free pass" if he stays on. 

I dont want to see anyone sent off in this game but it has to be. 

Sadly right, never want to see a final impacted by a sending off but can't avoid it this time.