Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Shifting Belly Fat

17 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

This is the only stationary bike that's worth the money.

Better aerobic and anaerobic results than anything else - better health results by every metric in fact, delivered in fifteen minutes per week, without breaking sweat.

It uses AI to deliver the perfect resistance to the pedals in real time for you to completely exhaust muscle glycogen. It's ridiculous. REHIIT is a genuine leap forward in gym tech.

And no, I can't afford one :(

https://carolbike.com/uk/science/?_gl=1*86qf21*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTQyODMwNjI4LjE2OTQxODY2NjA.*_ga_5HJ8L0XG4W*MTY5NDE4NjY1OS4xLjAuMTY5NDE4NjY1OS4wLjAuMA..

Shine a light. You can get the top end Tacx and sub for a quarter of that price and it does the same thing. Marketing doing some heavy work there.

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Shine a light. You can get the top end Tacx and sub for a quarter of that price and it does the same thing. Marketing doing some heavy work there.

It's not the same.

The CAROL isn't a stationary bike, it a machine that uses the best movement for being able to push to your absolute biological maximum (pedalling). By taking you to this maximum instantly, and tailored to your current fitness level in real time, it delivers exercise at the optimum level for improving both aerobic and anaerobic fitness.

It measures the force through your feet and gives the right resistance instantly for you to be in the perfect zone, for exactly as long as you need to be, in the space of seconds and before you even break a sweat.

I don't think there's anything else around that's doing what they're doing.

35 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

It's not the same.

The CAROL isn't a stationary bike, it a machine that uses the best movement for being able to push to your absolute biological maximum (pedalling). By taking you to this maximum instantly, and tailored to your current fitness level in real time, it delivers exercise at the optimum level for improving both aerobic and anaerobic fitness.

It measures the force through your feet and gives the right resistance instantly for you to be in the perfect zone, for exactly as long as you need to be, in the space of seconds and before you even break a sweat.

I don't think there's anything else around that's doing what they're doing.

Smart turbo trainers have been doing that for years. Even the basic Zwift function on a Neo 2T can set dynamic resistance on smart turbotrainers to stick a fixed, or reducing, FTP based on heart rate or VO2 if you've got the kit on you. 

4 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Smart turbo trainers have been doing that for years. Even the basic Zwift function on a Neo 2T can set dynamic resistance on smart turbotrainers to stick a fixed, or reducing, FTP based on heart rate or VO2 if you've got the kit on you. 

Guess I really got excited about that one!

21 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Guess I really got excited about that one!

They're really good things. The smart turbo trainers have come on leaps and bounds recently and hopefully in the next few years they'll be even more innovative with individual monitors being more interconnected with the bikes. Truly individual, and idiot proof, training would be orders of magnitudes better than group spin classes etc. 

• Like 1

I’ve recently started a fasting regime after reading about the amazing benefits of fasting.

I do a 24hr fast one week then a 48hr fast the next week. Fasting is obviously not suitable 

for people with diabetes although one of the benefits is that helps the body to better regulate 

blood sugar levels.

31 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I’ve recently started a fasting regime after reading about the amazing benefits of fasting.

I do a 24hr fast one week then a 48hr fast the next week. Fasting is obviously not suitable 

for people with diabetes although one of the benefits is that helps the body to better regulate 

blood sugar levels.

I've been trying it this week, albeit in a rather unscientific and half arsed way

It's basically skipping breakfast and trying to have lunch as late as possible. Early signs are encouraging, and I've noticed that I'm not so desperate to eat junk in the window where food is allowed

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've been trying it this week, albeit in a rather unscientific and half arsed way

It's basically skipping breakfast and trying to have lunch as late as possible. Early signs are encouraging, and I've noticed that I'm not so desperate to eat junk in the window where food is allowed

That sounds like about 16hrs which is apparently is quite a popular fast.

There’s loads of stuff online about fasting and the different stages and benefits.

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

Not really, one of the apparent benefits is the release of growth hormones.

Although you probably wouldn’t want to run a marathon whilst fasting.

I've had no breakfast this morning and just about collapsed walking down the garden lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

They're really good things. The smart turbo trainers have come on leaps and bounds recently and hopefully in the next few years they'll be even more innovative with individual monitors being more interconnected with the bikes. Truly individual, and idiot proof, training would be orders of magnitudes better than group spin classes etc. 

It's literally better than the heart/lung benefits of hours of steady-state, in seconds. So cool.

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

blood sugar levels.

I settled on 3 days water and salts only every 3 months. 

By the end of day 2 I feel great, sharp and full of energy.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2023 at 23:01, Costock_Fox said:

I’m there 5 times a week on this routine plus a cardio day and I play football once a week and I still have belly fat.

It’s a balance between exercise and diet and ultimately a calorie deficit. Booze is bad.

If you continuously push the weights up per exercise (sensibly of course) then you will burn fat. Technique is key. Power on the way up, slow and controlled on the way down

4 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

If you continuously push the weights up per exercise (sensibly of course) then you will burn fat. Technique is key. Power on the way up, slow and controlled on the way down

You will, but not much. And you won’t burn it unless you are in a calorie deficit.

8 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

That sounds like about 16hrs which is apparently is quite a popular fast.

There’s loads of stuff online about fasting and the different stages and benefits.

It is, just about. More through look than judgement, mind. The 16/8 split is apparently what a few of my friends have tried, with some success it must be said