Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Richardcobb

Leicester Comedy Festival 2024

8 minutes ago, Richardcobb said:

Genuinely had tears in my eyes reading that. Can’t thank you enough for this. I better make the show extra decent now! 

Don't worry too much mate, I really like Indian food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

People always turn up on the night in my experience, there’s not a great deal to do in the city during the week and the comedy festival is something I think a lot of people just go on the night because it’s something to do, cheap night out at a time of year when people aren’t usually particularly flush, done it plenty of times and know others who have, too. Good luck.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Richardcobb said:

Hi everyone, 

Hope I’m not breaking any page rules but I’m a Scottish comedian (full disclosure, I’m a Hearts fan so if you’ve still not forgiven us for Craig Levein I’m really sorry!) and I’m bringing my debut comedy hour ‘Couple’s Massage’ to Leicester Comedy Festival next month on Thursday February 22nd at The Kayal at 19:45-20:45.

I’m really excited to be visiting Leicester for the first time but I’m a little concerned that I won’t have an audience and I might have to cancel as I unfortunately don’t know anybody in the city and I’ve not sold any tickets yet. 

I’m doing all I can to promote it and ensure the show goes ahead but I was hoping word of mouth from here might be able to work a miracle if anyone is looking for a show to go to next month.

Tickets for the show are £7.50 or £5 for concessions but to be honest I’d just be happy for anyone to turn up so if by any chance anybody here was free that night and fancied coming down I’d happily get you in free for the show if you’re interested. 

Here’s a little bit about the show along with a link to the ticket page and if anybody fancies coming down just let me know and I’ll put your name down on the door. 

https://comedy-festival.co.uk/events/richard-cobb-couples-massage/

‘Richard was on honeymoon in Cuba in 2022 and got distracted during a couple's massage and all hell broke loose in his mind. In this show he explains why.

The debut hour from Scottish comedian/author Richard Cobb. It's basically about love, guilt, football, 90s nostalgia, family holidays, near-death experiences and pugs. Oh, and it's got a happy ending.’

"I've been going to the Fringe for 25 years or so and genuinely this is the most impressive full Fringe debut I've seen from a stand up." Edinburgh Fringe audience feedback.

"He has an easy affable charm." Lancaster Guardian.

I’ve got clips and more content on Twitter/Instagram/TikTok  @ therichardcobb .

Thanks and sorry again if this isn’t allowed.

Richard

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

Only apologising for Levein, add in Mark De Vries and Alan Maybury from that era and for good measure Robbie Neilson as well and you might have a deal brother.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Only apologising for Levein, add in Mark De Vries and Alan Maybury from that era and for good measure Robbie Neilson as well and you might have a deal brother.

😂 I forgot how many had gone. We loved De Vries too! Judging by Joe Hamill’s 12 games I take it he didn’t quite set the heather alight like he did on Football Manager either?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Bloody hell, Thunderbird on one thread and this trip down memory lane on the next. Things were so very bleak in that time. Are you trying to ruin my day :unsure:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Aside from Richard Bap, anyone else worth seeing this year?

I caught Paddy Young’s show a few weeks back and that was great. 

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/leicester/firebug/paddy-young-hungry-horny-scared/e-ebgook

Vittorio Angelone is really good too 

https://ytheatre.ticketsolve.com/ticketbooth/shows/1173649478

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Gary Megson bringing on Alan Maybury at Villa Park and playing him in centre midfield, then giving Leicester fans the finger was peak football for me.

I had a tooth operation that day and was still high off the gas.

Good times.

2 hours ago, Richardcobb said:

😂 I forgot how many had gone. We loved De Vries too! Judging by Joe Hamill’s 12 games I take it he didn’t quite set the heather alight like he did on Football Manager either?

On Robbie Neilson we were promised a long throw similar to that of Rory Delap, turns out Robbie's just looped up in the air with zero pace. Was it ever actually beneficial for you guys?

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Garth Marenghi on Saturday, knew little about him but one of the best comedy shows I’ve seen. Very funny.

Reckon my mind would melt if I had no idea about Garth Marenghi but my first experience was seeing Matthew Holness be him live 😂

Went to the launch gig at Firebug, it's not official at all - clever naming by Jason Neale. It was fine.

Fin Taylor at the Y theatre - excellent, see him before he's huge.

7 acts for £7 at Hansom Hall/council adult learning centre - really good, Spencer Jones was the headliner and was fantastic as was Tez Ilyas.

• Like 1