Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dillonpanthers87

King Power

Hopefully this doesn't get removed - nor should it.

Aside from performance on the pitch - when was the last period of time the club felt truly well managed? The question is one of opinion, granted. 2017 onwards?

We all have individuals in mind as to who should take responsibility - but let's talk about accountability.

At what point do we question the 'owners' - and I use that term loosely, they own the club financially - the fanbase are the club. Cliche questions - what's the vision? Where is the communication? 

Be careful what you wish for with owners, granted. But the KP ownership of before feels very different to the ownership of today. DoF, whoever - these are employees. We know who continues to employ them. Ownership is one thing - what about leadership?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When we won the cup everything seemed tickety boo 

find me threads from back then questioning the way things were being handled 

I've posted this numerous times and it still makes me smile.

Jake Humphries, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand and Emile Heskey talking for 2 minutes about what a 'model club' we are and how all other clubs should be envious of how we're ran.

Halcion days 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And then one at a home game shortly after. Not sure there were ever any photos of that mind.

Can’t remember tbf it was Everton live on Sky though 

Gray played a blinder if I remember correctly…

The last few years they’ve had to deal with the death of Vichai, an unprecedented global pandemic that directly attacked their previously successful business model and wiped out a third of Top’s wealth in one go, and highly restrictive financial rules designed by corrupt leagues in favour of corrupt clubs.

Despite all that they delivered an FA Cup, two seasons of European football thst would have been Champions League if Brendan hadn’t bottled it or Manchester City’s ban hadn’t been overturned, and showed real ambition by building a world class training facility and getting planning permission for a stadium expansions, hotel, residential complex and arena. 

They have a lot to be held responsible for but I don’t think it’s a good idea to change an ownership at all. I’m not a KP fanatic or anything but options for “good” new owners are very slim. 

Our relegation and our current situation is an aberration. The hostility shown to us to the Premier League, its “big six” clubs and its pet EFL cannot be ignored.

I don’t think we’ll end up unpunished but I do believe the court case and the employment of de Marco shows they we have an opportunity to make a point about the state of football as it is.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

It was probably that summer that ****ed everything up tbh, we didn’t make 1 first team sale as per the seasons before when it was rumoured tielemans would leave for 40 ish mill, and brought in a few signings on vastly inflated wages that didn’t improve the squad. I think it was rumoured our average wage was 94k that season, which is disgusting tbh, and when we couldn’t sign anyone as a result the season after the writing was on the wall, completely mismanaged and as fans it may have seemed tickety boo but we’re not payed 100s of thousands to ensure that the situation we find ourselves in happens, it must have been apparent that we couldn’t sustain 70,80,90k a week upon missing out on cl places 2 years running. The complete mismanagement from board level has and will cost us, and if Top had employed some competent board room staff to run the club for him, maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess

Absolutely my opinion. I allow some give and take for bad luck or external circumstances. But things have been wrong for a long while, and while we (rightly) have pointed to Rodgers and rudkin and poor signings...it's been a long time since things were run well. The cup winning season - things weren't right then either, the win glossed over the cracks.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

When we won the cup everything seemed tickety boo 

find me threads from back then questioning the way things were being handled 

I was moaning about the early pay day loans and the wage bill, the FA cup is deffo after problems were surfacing I think.  We had also already let a lot of analytic staff, scouting staff go by then as well.

Happy days was the EPL win, won it with a playing budget not much higher than championship level and posted world record profits the year after.  Also did it with counter attacking football, best I ever seen at the club in my life time.  Scouting and recruitment was on another level. Squad fitness astounding.

Edited by Chrysalis

At some point in the Rodgers era probably, although that was a bit of an illusion.

The Puel era was dour but that was probably our only period post 2015 where we've gotten it consistently right off the pitch in terms of transfers and whatnot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

There were plenty but they were quickly shut down with “we’ve just won the FA Cup”. 

Correct. Remember the lies about the buses for that game too. The kind of thing you get away with when it's going well on the pitch and less so when it isn't. I wonder how much more contemptuous the club actually was last season towards the fans or whether it just seemed so due to how bad we were on the pitch.

• Like 2