Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burnsy

Is Fowler on his way ?

Fowler's name has been circulating in Championship circles for a couple of months now. I think already last year, some clubs were on the brink of signing him.

Well, all that we heard back then was that "Fowler was spotted driving around in the area". Either alone or with a certain Steve McManaman.

Last time Fowler was seen was in Norwich.

Link

Vaz Te would be a great capture on loan. He's beginning to make quite a few appearances for Bolton from the bench though so we may have missed the boat there.

Helguson would be a decent loan signing.

As for Fowler, he is a natural finisher but I just don't think his attitude is right for a side who are (at the moment) fighting relegation.

Mate...... why would/should I go and support the Baggies ?

A particularly juvenile suggestion really....I've supported Leicester for nearly forty years since I went to my first match aged 4. That's home and away mate so following a team from yamyam land isn't something I would seriously consider.

Welcome to Foxestalk my brummie friend.

Come on City!!! :D:D:D

Williams has been great in last 3 games he played in, awesome vs Bolton 2nd half. I hope CL does everything to keep him as he's one of our few quality players. Can't see a swap for Fowler will do us any good at all. He looks like he's spent too much time eating pies....maybe he could go to Preston, Burnley or Crewe.

I'd take him on Loan til the end of the season.

Tsk I was going to say that! Id rather have him on loan to tutor Elvis and Humeh and net the odd goal until the end of the season than get stuck with him if hes totally shit.

Vaz Te would be a great capture on loan. He's beginning to make quite a few appearances for Bolton from the bench though so we may have missed the boat there.

Helguson would be a decent loan signing.

As for Fowler, he is a natural finisher but I just don't think his attitude is right for a side who are (at the moment) fighting relegation.

Helguson is getting in the team at Fulham so little chance of him coming here

I would take Fowler any day of the week. It frustrates me to see the amount of chances that the likes of Smith create when there is seldom anyone there to capitalise. Fowler is the type of striker we could do with, but somehow I can't see him wanting to come here. I'm sure he could still get a loan move to a lower Premiership club.

I would take Fowler any day of the week. It frustrates me to see the amount of chances that the likes of Smith create when there is seldom anyone there to capitalise. Fowler is the type of striker we could do with, but somehow I can't see him wanting to come here. I'm sure he could still get a loan move to a lower Premiership club.

what and you have seen fowler finishing those sort of chances have u? um i dont think so hes a waste of space and peirce has spotted that, therefore putting him in the reserves where he will probably play at his level. he is a passed it! that never really had it lol

Do we want them eating pies and snorting drugs then?

Erm, allegedly.

:P

Well they are both skinny runts, a few pies might do them good and while hes at it shove a load down Stearmans neck.

Dunno bout the drugs though :unsure:

what and you have seen fowler finishing those sort of chances have u? um i dont think so hes a waste of space and peirce has spotted that, therefore putting him in the reserves where he will probably play at his level. he is a passed it! that never really had it lol

I was living in Liverpool and going to Anfield regularly when Fowler was in his prime. Whether he still 'has it' is anybody's guess, but he was one of the best finishers the game has ever seen in his early years so he definitely 'had it' once! And he is younger than Andy Cole who is doing a great job at Man City this year. If we could get him on loan until the end of the season without breaking the bank it would be worth doing. If he gets ghimself fit he will be more than capable of scoring freely at this level.

Simon

I was living in Liverpool and going to Anfield regularly when Fowler was in his prime. Whether he still 'has it' is anybody's guess, but he was one of the best finishers the game has ever seen in his early years so he definitely 'had it' once! And he is younger than Andy Cole who is doing a great job at Man City this year. If we could get him on loan until the end of the season without breaking the bank it would be worth doing. If he gets ghimself fit he will be more than capable of scoring freely at this level.

Simon

Must be the silly season. Does anybody really, REALLY, think he'd come here? What would be in it for him? Enough of this fantasy please.

Must be the silly season. Does anybody really, REALLY, think he'd come here? What would be in it for him? Enough of this fantasy please.

Maybe to get his confidence back by knocking in a few goals in the Championship?

Maybe to get his confidence back by knocking in a few goals in the Championship?

Could be right Katy. But there are 20 other Championship clubs who are a more attractive propositition than us at the moment. Seems very unrealistic to expect him to lower himself to a relegation struggle methinks!!

He would come here to get fit, although I don't see how that helps us too much, by the time we'd persevered with him to get him fit he'd be off somewhere else. There's no guarantee he'll score goals whilst getting fit either.

Unless he's free or they pay us I'd say forget it.

What would be in it for us more like!

Fowler is well past it, one of the best finishers the game has seen, but he never had pace when he was at the top of his game and he has even less now.

A step back in my opinion-however if CL's thinking ahead, he might come in handy next year in League 1

Umm I'd heard this rumour before, frankly Fowler isn't the type of player we need now, he'll be someone who moans in the dressing room rather than get the team going.

He's not the type of player who'll give his all for the club, some people (mainly CL) seem to forget we are in a relegation battle, if we were safe mid table I might say take the risk. We need battlers now, not coke heads (as in the fizzy drink obviously) ....

Archived