Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burnsy

Is Fowler on his way ?

Ive heard a "rumour" that Robbie fowlers on his way in January.

He will be a trade in for Gareth Williams who we will be paid between 250k-500k then man city will help out with Robbies wages.

Not sure if he will on loan for the rest of the season or a perm move.

Im sure if he did come here he would bag a few goals especially with the chances weve been having of late (sitters),and would also boost the attendance.

Whats peoples thoughts on this ?

I wouldn't say awsome... especially after the click I saw on sky news a week or two ago. I fear Robbie may own a pie factory somewhere, he looked blooming huge!

Wonderful player but way past his best, far too short-termist for Levein, far too risky and why would he be particularly committed?. I'd love it to work but I fear it would be just like Besty moving around in his twilight football years and Gazza as well. The ending just wouldn't justify the story.

Wonderful player but way past his best, far too short-termist for Levein, far too risky and why would he be particularly committed?. I'd love it to work but I fear it would be just like Besty moving around in his twilight football years and Gazza as well. The ending just wouldn't justify the story.

He could turn out to be another Sir Les for us...maybe?

Yeh i heard that we might be getting him on loan on boxing day?

What we need at the minute is someone to finish the chances we are creating, i think fowler fits that bill perfectly.

The bloke is hardly ever fit.

Sir Les hardly ever trained and played about 1 in 2 games but he still finished amongst the top scorers in the Prem that season :)

Agreed, but that was then and this is now. Fowler won't be coming here for peanuts. We had Premiership revenues to allow for the likes of Sir Les.

Go for it! It's worth a shot, because Uncle Nobhead (CL) doesn't get on with him anyway. :P

????? Doesn't get on with who ? And how do you know?

And if Uncle Knobhead is sacked, which saviour do you feel we should appoint to provide us with our divine right of Premiership football within a year ?

????? Doesn't get on with who ? And how do you know?

And if Uncle Knobhead is sacked, which saviour do you feel we should appoint to provide us with our divine right of Premiership football within a year ?

We can't do any worse to be honest with the players we've got?

Go and support the Baggies mate.

We can't do any worse to be honest with the players we've got?

Go and support the Baggies mate.

Mate...... why would/should I go and support the Baggies ?

A particularly juvenile suggestion really....I've supported Leicester for nearly forty years since I went to my first match aged 4. That's home and away mate so following a team from yamyam land isn't something I would seriously consider.

Not sure about this one, Fowler once was a great finisher but his off-field problems have been well documented and the last thing we need is a disruptive player coming into an already low on confidence team.

I still want Helguson on loan, wether that will happen i'm not sure, or perhaps Vaz Te from Bolton.

Not sure about this one, Fowler once was a great finisher but his off-field problems have been well documented and the last thing we need is a disruptive player coming into an already low on confidence team.

I still want Helguson on loan, wether that will happen i'm not sure, or perhaps Vaz Te from Bolton.

I have mixed views on this one as well, yes was a great finisher (maybe at this level could still be) but from what I have seen of him on the TV he looked quit a bit overweight and I also would question his commitment to the cause, as no top Prem side wants him maybe he would just see us a meal ticket until the end of the season , also there’s the question of his wages, yes I know he doesn’t need the money but he will still want something around what he is currently pulling in surly?

Archived