Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matty Fryatt Discussing terms

http://walsall.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=...=2&stid=8400147

Some info on him...

THE 19-year-old front-man enjoyed a prolific couple of seasons at youth team level, before breaking into the first-team in 2003/2004.

During the 2002/2003 campaign, Fryatt's goalscoring prowess earned him a reserve team place and after continuing to find the net at that level, the club took the somewhat unusual step of awarding him a professional contract at the end of his first year of a three-year Scholarship.

Blessed with good skill, pace and sharpness in front of goal, the Nuneaton-born youngster is expected to carve out a good career for himself in the game.

In 2003/2004 he earned rave reviews in what was his first taste of Football League action, firstly whilst on loan at Carlisle United, where he scored his first professional goal, and then during his time back at Bescot Stadium where he opened his Saddlers' scoring account in a 2-1 away victory over Preston North End.

With the weight on expectancy on his shoulders going into the 2004/2005 season, the level-headed youngster responded well, scoring some impressive goals as he finished top scorer and earning International recognition for England at Under-19 level.

After notching a total of 15 goals in 2004/2005, Fryatt walked away with the Player of the Season award and won the Goal of the Season prize for his superb long-range volley against Huddersfield in January 2005, the game in which he bagged his first senior hat-trick.

He will be hoping that his tremendous progress can continue in 2005/2006.

This season he has scored 13 goals in 25 appearances.

Merson ready to sell Fryatt

Friday Dec 02 2005 09:16

Paul Merson has revealed he would cash in on star striker Matt Fryatt if a club came in and offered a fee in the region of £250,000.

Nottingham Forest failed with a bid to land the player just before the transfer window closed and rumours are rife that a number of clubs will be back in for him as soon as it re-opens in January.

Paul Merson has revealed he would cash in on star striker Matt Fryatt if a club came in and offered a fee in the region of £250,000.

The 19-year-old is back in form and Merson says he would clear the way for his 11-goal leading striker to move on if a rival club came in with a good offer.

"I would say that £250,000-£300,000 would be about right, but there would have to be quite a few add-ons to take the price up if he did well and scored goals," Merson revealed.

"All the players here have been told that if they do well and big clubs come in for them then we won't stand in their way."

Merson ready to sell Fryatt

Friday Dec 02 2005 09:16

Nottingham Forest failed with a bid to land the player just before the transfer window closed and rumours are rife that a number of clubs will be back in for him as soon as it re-opens in January.

The 19-year-old is back in form and Merson says he would clear the way for his 11-goal leading striker to move on if a rival club came in with a good offer.

"I would say that £250,000-£300,000 would be about right, but there would have to be quite a few add-ons to take the price up if he did well and scored goals," Merson revealed.

"All the players here have been told that if they do well and big clubs come in for them then we won't stand in their way."

Looks like he could be coming our way

Must admit that i'd rather have a proven goalscorer at this level rather than taking a risk on this lad. Only 19 though and seems to have potential......i'll reserve judgement for now!

I have a feeling we might go for someone with experience on loan as well as him. I'm sure Levein would see the need for a bit of decent experience in front of goal.

We can then retire elvis's scoring boots (if he had any) and convert him to play on the right. Where to be honest, he has looked better.

Sounds good, but isn't the player we're linked with available for Spurs if he signs before then? Matty Fryatt must have played for Walsall in the FA Cup. Hopefully another is on the way too.

I'd be pretty excited anyway if it is him, alot of talk about him being a huge prospect. He's not the fastest though, so i read anyway.

If it goes through, I wonder if that's it and Levein's chips are all in?

Or will there be more?

There has to be someone else. He cant be relying on Smith to play right wing and Hamill on the left while Sylla's away. A new right winger is about as essential as a striker in my opinion!

Maybe he could swallow his pride and bring back Gillespie.

I mentioned that to my mate. He's out of the frame at Brammall Lane. He seemed to be happy under Levein and was starting to play quite well at the back end of last season. Two problems that will prevent it for Levein though:

1) He's over the age of 22

2) He's not scottish

I mentioned that to my mate. He's out of the frame at Brammall Lane. He seemed to be happy under Levein and was starting to play quite well at the back end of last season. Two problems that will prevent it for Levein though:

1) He's over the age of 22

2) He's not scottish

That also rules fryatt out :(

Show him the stadium.

For god's sake do NOT let him watch us train.

They have done and the training ground!!

Someone posted on talkingballs at about 4pm saying he was being shown around the ground etc. Everyone thought it was a load of shit!! Obviously not ha!!

I'd be chuffed if we got him, especially if we got someone in with him who had a bit more experience. Searching the next so many people have said what a prospect this lad is!! Don't think you can argue with his scoring record for his age either.

Archived