Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matty Fryatt Discussing terms

I think we should give the boy Fryatt, who is the proven article, four or five games and if he hasn't scored at least a goal a game then we should skin him alive and flay CL, the backroom staff and the arseholes on the board ,who let's face it have only put their own money into saving the club, alive. They are without doubt all wasters who have no idea about football or business.

I think we should give the boy Fryatt, who is the proven article, four or five games and if he hasn't scored at least a goal a game then we should skin him alive and flay CL, the backroom staff and the arseholes on the board ,who let's face it have only put their own money into saving the club, alive. They are without doubt all wasters who have no idea about football or business.

;):thumbup:

While I think about it, the turn up on my suit trousers came down whilst at work today. As far as I'm concerned I feel CL should actually come out on the OS and finally admit that he is to blame. My life has been turned upside down by his ineptitude. Nothing like this has ever happened during the previous 35 years of supporting Leicester, when let's face it, other than the 7 time winners of the European Cup, Real Madrid, we haven't had a team who can hold a candle to any of the sides that our club has put out.

Outraged of Solihull.

While I think about it, the turn up on my suit trousers came down whilst at work today. As far as I'm concerned I feel CL should actually come out on the OS and finally admit that he is to blame. My life has been turned upside down by his ineptitude. Nothing like this has ever happened during the previous 35 years of supporting Leicester, when let's face it, other than the 7 time winners of the European Cup, Real Madrid, we haven't had a team who can hold a candle to any of the sides that our club has put out.

Outraged of Solihull.

:yawn:

Outraged of Solihull.

We had longer and seemingly worse spells than this back in the 80's. :cry::cry::( <_<

Fryatt is currently injured and many Walsall fans were led to believe he would be sold off in the summer. Merson has now prepared fans for his a quicker departure of our home grown striking talent. The list of suitors for Matty may be very long indeed. At the moment Preston must be rated amongst the favourites to secure his signiture but they are just one club in a long line at this stage.

Exactly how injured?? We don't need another crocked player!!

3) Levein released him and will never accept he's made a mistake. Ever. Levein will reflect that 'Gillespie' was just unlucky that day and that whoever the 'ref' was, should have done better.

Never accept he makes mistakes? Well he shipped Gilbert out pretty soon once he realised he couldn't cut it! And didn't Gillespie move because we were getting rid of high wage earners! Sure Cl would have liked to keep him.

i'm a walsall season ticket holder and ive had to register on here cos some of you aren't impressed with matty joining you.. you want a poacher which is exactly what he is. without him this season, i don't know where we'd be. he's not the biggest and he doesn't have blistering pace but he sure as hell knows where the net is. he's up at the top of the scoring charts, not far behind trundle, who lest we forget is playing in a winning team! very good at penalties as well, has netted a few under pressure this season, and has been forced to play as a lone striker on occasions which makes his strike rate even more impressive! and he top scored for england under 19's in euros the summer, including a semi final hat trick so... i think you're very lucky to have him. he will be sorely missed. good luck matty

i'm a walsall season ticket holder and ive had to register on here cos some of you aren't impressed with matty joining you.. you want a poacher which is exactly what he is. without him this season, i don't know where we'd be. he's not the biggest and he doesn't have blistering pace but he sure as hell knows where the net is. he's up at the top of the scoring charts, not far behind trundle, who lest we forget is playing in a winning team! very good at penalties as well, has netted a few under pressure this season, and has been forced to play as a lone striker on occasions which makes his strike rate even more impressive! and he top scored for england under 19's in euros the summer, including a semi final hat trick so... i think you're very lucky to have him. he will be sorely missed. good luck matty

Cheers for that mate :thumbup:

That sounds like a Levein buy, injured when we buy him!

I think Matt Fryatt sounds like a great long term signing but that's not our real problem right now. The question is can he fit into the team straight away and start scoring goals (its going to be a real issue if he's already injured) because that's what we need not someone who will play every so often and get 5 this season but 15 next. I'm all for investing in the future and so won't complain about his signing but will certainly be happier with a slightly older, more experienced and proven goalscorer at this level even if it's on loan until the end of the season just to keep us up. After January if Fryatt does need time to settle (and we can't blame him if he does) then we don't really get another chance.

Thanks for the report! :) Personally I'll be very glad if he does come here, although having read about him seeing plenty of other clubs are interested then I'm not entirely sure yet that we'll get him! Hopefully the fact that he is from Nuneaton will help us!

I saw Merson described as a natural finisher who despite his size is capable of bullying people of the ball. A Dickov/Cottee type player maybe? Let's hope so! We need someone who is a real nuisance for defenders again like we used to have.

I think Matt Fryatt sounds like a great long term signing but that's not our real problem right now. The question is can he fit into the team straight away and start scoring goals (its going to be a real issue if he's already injured) because that's what we need not someone who will play every so often and get 5 this season but 15 next. I'm all for investing in the future and so won't complain about his signing but will certainly be happier with a slightly older, more experienced and proven goalscorer at this level even if it's on loan until the end of the season just to keep us up. After January if Fryatt does need time to settle (and we can't blame him if he does) then we don't really get another chance.

I think that we will possibly be getting another player in on loan still. The Mercury said that the club was hopeful of signing the player in time for them to play in the FA Cup this weekend, but as walsall_rob said, Fryatt is cup-tied. Unless the Mercury didn't research and realise he was cup tied, they were talking about someone else..?

Here's some stats on him...

http://www.walsall-mad.co.uk/footydb/loadpcrr.asp?pid=101721

Matt Fryatt (Walsall)

Date of birth........5 March 1986

Height ............... 5.10

Weight .............. 11.0

Recent Career History By Club (1999 onwards)

Team ................. Debut ............. Apps ...... Goals ... Yellows .. Reds

Walsall ............... 03/03/2004 ..... 54 (22) ... 30 ....... 5 .......... 0

Carlisle United .... 20/12/2003 ..... 9 (1) ....... 1 ......... 1 ......... 0

Walsall ............... 24/09/2003 ..... 1 (1) ....... 0 ........ 0 .......... 0

Recent Career History By Season (1999 onwards)

Season ............ Apps ........ Goals

2005/2006 ....... 27 (0) ....... 14

2004/2005 ....... 24 (15) ..... 15

2003/2004 ....... 13 (9) ....... 2

With 14 goals so far this season already, looks pretty handy to me. Though definitely agree we should still look to get an experience goalscorer on loan, preferably someone from Premiership if we can afford it.

I think that we will possibly be getting another player in on loan still. The Mercury said that the club was hopeful of signing the player in time for them to play in the FA Cup this weekend, but as walsall_rob said, Fryatt is cup-tied. Unless the Mercury didn't research and realise he was cup tied, they were talking about someone else..?

Would this surprise you? They may well have just been guessing and trying to create interest. I hope you're right though and there is someone else coming in as well.

Another point of interest, fryatt's missus has just had a baby, so he's in for a few sleepless nights.. that's one of the reasons he's staying local. i know preston and forest were keen, and i think maybe watford. there was a feeling in the west mids that villa wolves n blues should take a look but merse has been on a radio phone in tonight and said matty will sign for a championship club in the next 48 hours. we expected him to stay until the end of the season but.. we (the fans) also wanted around £800k (based on the likes of nathan tyson and izale mcleod) but we hear its more likely to be £250k plus add ons, looks like you're gettin a bargain, any chance of dion dublin coming our way?

Another point of interest, fryatt's missus has just had a baby, so he's in for a few sleepless nights.. that's one of the reasons he's staying local. i know preston and forest were keen, and i think maybe watford. there was a feeling in the west mids that villa wolves n blues should take a look but merse has been on a radio phone in tonight and said matty will sign for a championship club in the next 48 hours. we expected him to stay until the end of the season but.. we (the fans) also wanted around £800k (based on the likes of nathan tyson and izale mcleod) but we hear its more likely to be £250k plus add ons, looks like you're gettin a bargain, any chance of dion dublin coming our way?

Gladly!

Dion? When do you want him? I'll pay for the taxi... it would be nice to think he's going to a good home.

:P

EDIT: Aww, I guess Dion has been okay for us this season, just that he doesn't inspire any confidence in me anymore either in defence or up front.

Archived