Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matty Fryatt Discussing terms

Another point of interest, fryatt's missus has just had a baby, so he's in for a few sleepless nights.. that's one of the reasons he's staying local. i know preston and forest were keen, and i think maybe watford. there was a feeling in the west mids that villa wolves n blues should take a look but merse has been on a radio phone in tonight and said matty will sign for a championship club in the next 48 hours. we expected him to stay until the end of the season but.. we (the fans) also wanted around £800k (based on the likes of nathan tyson and izale mcleod) but we hear its more likely to be £250k plus add ons, looks like you're gettin a bargain, any chance of dion dublin coming our way?

I'll drive Dion down there myself. We also have Kisnorbo, De Vries, Douglas, Tiatto and Lee Morris we'll throw them in also.

i'm a walsall season ticket holder and ive had to register on here cos some of you aren't impressed with matty joining you.. you want a poacher which is exactly what he is. without him this season, i don't know where we'd be. he's not the biggest and he doesn't have blistering pace but he sure as hell knows where the net is. he's up at the top of the scoring charts, not far behind trundle, who lest we forget is playing in a winning team! very good at penalties as well, has netted a few under pressure this season, and has been forced to play as a lone striker on occasions which makes his strike rate even more impressive! and he top scored for england under 19's in euros the summer, including a semi final hat trick so... i think you're very lucky to have him. he will be sorely missed. good luck matty

he wont get them from Joey!!

A very good long term signing but right now we need a proven goalscorer with experience.

I'll drive Dion down there myself. We also have Kisnorbo, De Vries, Douglas, Tiatto and Lee Morris we'll throw them in also.

thats a bit harsh on him! i know hes always injured but if he comes back and scores like he has done he'll be the man!

if you want proper walsall views, use www.upthesaddlers.com, although after tonight's radio phone in, it's the anti merson brigade battling it out with the star struck crew..

some fans used to get on matty's back, calling him greedy and saying he was only playing to impress the scouts... but then we played a 17yo winger last month. he missed a one-on-one on his debut, and some fans abused him for the rest of the game... we have some fickle fans. matty was our player of the season last season, in his first full season, and we will miss him. we're clueless up front without him.

if you want proper walsall views, use www.upthesaddlers.com, although after tonight's radio phone in, it's the anti merson brigade battling it out with the star struck crew..

some fans used to get on matty's back, calling him greedy and saying he was only playing to impress the scouts... but then we played a 17yo winger last month. he missed a one-on-one on his debut, and some fans abused him for the rest of the game... we have some fickle fans. matty was our player of the season last season, in his first full season, and we will miss him. we're clueless up front without him.

welcome to our world!

thanks for the info btw

Dammit, stop it alright, you're making us feel guilty now!

:P

BTW, some of your fans sound just as bad as some of ours... good to know that idiots aren't endemic to Leicester.

Well he's gonna love it here, we breed fickle fans at Leicester!

If he can finish, he can finish, doesn't matter how old he is :D

Yes and he can finish, hes a goalscorer. he's scored more goals then Hume did last season in half of this one ( too put it in perspective )

250k is a joke as our walsall suppourting said. 800k is what he expected and I would of expected more. I think Merson is back on the Coke.

I dont think Levein recking him will happen. If he doesn't perform straight away our fans defiantley will though.

I would also like to add this still all seems a bit to good to be true to me. I wont bealive its happened till his names on the back of a Leicester shirt.

Yes and he can finish, hes a goalscorer. he's scored more goals then Hume did last season in half of this one ( too put it in perspective )

250k is a joke as our walsall suppourting said. 800k is what he expected and I would of expected more. I think Merson is back on the Coke.

I dont think Levein recking him will happen. If he doesn't perform straight away our fans defiantley will though.

I would also like to add this still all seems a bit to good to be true to me. I wont bealive its happened till his names on the back of a Leicester shirt.

Brought a smile to my face!!

You have to remember that this is a fan's opinion on what he was valued at.....

what about that guy who played for albion whos in jail is he out soon

Yes the guy who got sent down for 6 years (less than 3 years back) is out available for transfer :rolleyes:

Apparently he has put loads of weight on now and smokes. not good.

Interestingly, in amongst all this, Walsall have signed Mads Timm. I can remember some were convinced he was coming here!

He would've been a good signing at the time I believe... Let's see how he does there.

At least if Fryatt falls through Levein has said there is more in the pipeline.

Yep, I'm sure there's some more duffers from the SPL languishing about.

I'm quite excited about signing Fryatt because he has a fairly good goalscoring record and is very young.

However, I feel that we also need someone who is more experienced and older (I know Levein won't sign anyone over the age of 21 but still), who has experience of banging in the goals at this or Premiership level. I don't think Fryatt will be that effective in a relegation battle where goals are hard to come by.

Archived