Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Matty Fryatt Discussing terms

Link

Why whenever we're trying to sign someone on the QT does the bloody Mercury blow our cover?? This happened with that Lovell lad didn't it?? :mad:

Lovell turned us down by deciding not to move here, it had nothing to do with our cover being blown.

The "cover" was being blown all last night and all over the place.

Well not really. none of the main sources of information had their hands on it. They will have by the end of the afternoon though probabley.

Not really a bad thing though, proves its true ( I still dont bealive it )

Yep, I'm sure there's some more duffers from the SPL languishing about.

If Fryatt does come here (I hope so he sounds quite good, although some posters have remarked that he isn’t blessed with a load of pace which is my only concern) and he doesn’t perform well (after a few games, he does need to settle in) then IMO I don’t think Levein will get a chance to acquire any of the other players in the “pipelineâ€Â. I think Levein has just gone through the swinging doors of the ‘last chance saloon’ with the board, he has said on record that we are creating chances etc just not putting them away, blar, blar and we need a striker to help us do that, so if whoever he gets doesn’t do that after a reasonable bedding in period then a lot of us may still get our wish ( I included) and he will depart our club, you never know he may be so shame faced that he may just resign. One other thing I would like to point out is that just signing another striker IMO still won’t guarantee to move us up the table C L still needs to drop the Kisnorbo’s and Douglas’s and sort his tactics out , problems he still has to sort out, problems that won’t be cured over night just because of his new acquisition.

If Fryatt does come here (I hope so he sounds quite good, although some posters have remarked that he isn’t blessed with a load of pace which is my only concern) and he doesn’t perform well (after a few games, he does need to settle in) then IMO I don’t think Levein will get a chance to acquire any of the other players in the “pipelineâ€Â. I think Levein has just gone through the swinging doors of the ‘last chance saloon’ with the board, he has said on record that we are creating chances etc just not putting them away, blar, blar and we need a striker to help us do that, so if whoever he gets doesn’t do that after a reasonable bedding in period then a lot of us may still get our wish ( I included) and he will depart our club, you never know he may be so shame faced that he may just resign. One other thing I would like to point out is that just signing another striker IMO still won’t guarantee to move us up the table C L still needs to drop the Kisnorbo’s and Douglas’s and sort his tactics out , problems he still has to sort out, problems that won’t be cured over night just because of his new acquisition.

I cannot see any Scotsman resigning and effectively walking away from £X,000,000 worth of compensation, it's not in their nature.

Nor can I imagine there will be just one striker signed. Even if Fryatt accepts the challenge (and we're all still waiting on that), we would still not have what I consider to be an attacking header of the ball (a la Brian Deane) and it is a major weakness because if negates so many free kicks/ corners etc.

By all accounts Fryatt is not a holding player.

As for essential repairs to the side we have I'd say Douglas is low priority. A agree he never looks convincing but his performances have by no means been disastrous. The goals against column is not brilliant but it is not what's got us in our desperate position.

I said in the summer we needed to score 2/3 goals a game (cos we'd invariably concede one) Sylla never scores or makes goals therefore is ineffective as a forward. He needs to be changed.

We also need a dominant centre-half capable of attacking (Dublin is best at the moment but he's no attacker now), an attacking left-back (everyone knows my views on that) and an alternative to Kisnorbo who just doesn't look exceptional in any department.

Levein also needs to make sure his tactics gears the whole team up to attack. You cannot attack in isolation.

He also needs to get far more out of Ryan Smith, make him much more hurtful to the opposition.

Finally there is the entire psychological outlook. Players will never win if they don't believe in what they are doing. Hume touched on it in an interview when he talked about "just going out to play football" for once.

We really seem psychologically tense as a team. Levein should look at the Sheffield United match, make sure he has lots of attacking potential throughout the side and, instead of dropping people every time they make mistakes, he should allow for mistakes and send his team out with the mindset of a marauding army.

Conceding the initiative?. As a sportsman it never entered my head to concede anything to anyone at any time.

I'm trying to imagine Bill Shankly conceding things.

How long is Fryatt out for?

With games against Sheffield Wednesday and Cardiff coming up, is it reasonable to think that Levein may be out of a job before Fryatt kicks a ball for the club? Just a possible thought I had.

I think this is a good signing but hope we get another striker on loan to provide some more cover and further options upfront.

By spending our money we have on players in the window,we wont have funds available to get rid of CL . So effectively the boards backed CL , gave him money to spend.(the same money which could have paid him off).regardless of next results,we have him for the season,so lets all stand by him and his team and give encouragement. No amount of CL out talk will actually effect any change now this fundamental decision has been made.

By spending our money we have on players in the window,we wont have funds available to get rid of CL . So effectively the boards backed CL , gave him money to spend.(the same money which could have paid him off).regardless of next results,we have him for the season,so lets all stand by him and his team and give encouragement. No amount of CL out talk will actually effect any change now this fundamental decision has been made.

I think that's right - though like everyone else, I've got no inside track. A Fryatt-type player (at 19) is not the quick fix that many (including myself) thought would be arriving. That's not to say that another striker isn't in the pipeline too, but this is clearly a player CL wants as part of a longer-term strategy.

He's been fairly bullish in the press over the past 48 hours and clearly isn't bothered (in public) about all the rumour and innuendo. I wouldn't be surprised if CL's position wasn't even discussed as the board meeting this week, instead just what funds were to be made available and for whom.

No problem then.

In a different thread someone mentioned that CL has a million to spend from Wigan staying up (given to him early and let's hope not too early)...can anyone confirm or not? If this is true then we should have more players coming as Fryatt is costing only a quarter of that up front.

In a different thread someone mentioned that CL has a million to spend from Wigan staying up (given to him early and let's hope not too early)...can anyone confirm or not? If this is true then we should have more players coming as Fryatt is costing only a quarter of that up front.

No one can confirm it except for CL or one of the board, as usual at times like this the speculating that goes on is often somewhere between funny, through stupid to down right ludicrous.

Load of crap. We won't use the money from them until it is in our pocket.

Also actualy knows it's a million for them staying up?? It said rising to 3 million... that could be through staying up, goals, appearances etc etc. If it's on goals then we will get about 20p from them.

Also... even if it was a million for staying up, do you really think Levein will be given all of it to spend considering next year we lose the parachute payments!!?

Load of crap. We won't use the money from them until it is in our pocket.

Also actualy knows it's a million for them staying up?? It said rising to 3 million... that could be through staying up, goals, appearances etc etc. If it's on goals then we will get about 20p from them.

Also... even if it was a million for staying up, do you really think Levein will be given all of it to spend considering next year we lose the parachute payments!!?

its 25p now cos he has scored for them in the cup ;)

But i agree with the rest of your post, whats the point of spending something we haven't got?

Fryatt has signed according to Talk Sport......................... lets hope he can do the biz

Bloody hope so, this is off a walsall board "bit off topic but ive also heard that sheffield united are in talks with fryatt, would make sense after failing to get miller."

Bloody hope so, this is off a walsall board "bit off topic but ive also heard that sheffield united are in talks with fryatt, would make sense after failing to get miller."

Word round here is , that they've had a bid of 2m accepted for Jerome , and will have talks early next week.

Hmmmm.

...or not :(

I'd much rather go to Preston. But we're more local.

He's gotta look at the big picture.

He's just had a kid , and we're a ''big'' club in the midlands , local too him.

We have a good stadium , decent support and good training facilites.

On the other hand , he has a better chance of playing in the prem with Preston :cry:

He's gotta look at the big picture.

He's just had a kid , and we're a ''big'' club in the midlands , local too him.

We have a good stadium , decent support and good training facilites.

On the other hand , he has a better chance of playing in the prem with Preston :cry:

Didnt someone say that he wanted to stay local because his missus has just had a baby??

It'd be just our luck if we ended up losing out! He must be worth a few bob though, and where have we got the money from?

i think the fee is sposed to be around 500k, we dint spend all the connolly fee and have just sold gilbert and wright

i think the fee is sposed to be around 500k, we dint spend all the connolly fee and have just sold gilbert and wright

This has just been posted on a walsall site

"Mick Kearns has confirmed on Saddlers World in the pre-match talks that Fryatt is going to Leicester....

He said to the studio to not make it public yet because it wasn't official.. I don't think that the On-line listeners heard their conversation "

Also merson was quoted as saying 250 to 300 thousand would be enoughfor him. As long as there were a few add ons.

Archived