Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Rab Douglas

Rab Douglas  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Drop him or Play him?

• Drop him
    • Play him

I think we should stick with him for the time being. i think he's been outstanding in recent games and i think some of the critism from this forum has been unjustified. ;)

[[Preparing to get slated]]

What you all think?

He's certainly a good shot stopper and his runs out of the box (to clear) or towards opposition players (to block shots) has been much improved over the past few games. His kicking seems very inconsistent though, this is an area he can work on I suppose. I'd also like to him to be bit a bit more vocal and to command his box a bit more.

I know Henderson is a good keeper but, as you say, I think Douglas has improved just enough recently to warrant keeping him as first choice for the time being.

He struck me as iffy from the start but the reality is that he's not had a bad season and has certain not dropped more bricks than most keepers do in the season so far.

Recently against Millwall, Spurs, Palace for instance, he's made some outstanding saves. I voted play him. He flaps a bit but his record is okay and, as Babylon says, he really is the least of our problems.

Let's sort the others first, which would quite possibly mean he'd let even fewer goals in.

First and foremost...one more striker and a right winger.

He only had to make a save from keane cos he was so slow off his line and when he did finally shift his pie-arse he was very hesitant. He almost moved out the way to give keane an open-goal, but fair play he made up for it with a great save.

ok well i said drop him, i know he has improved slightly, but i still think henderson needs a chance to show what he can do, then CL should chose the best!

rabs kicking is auwful, and he comes and drops back then comes again, he cant make up his mind, and it frustrates me! :whistle:

Didn't we have a goalkeeping crisis a few years back?

I can't remember the keepers invloved but we dropped our regular keeper after a couple of cock-ups and brought in his understudy, the understudy then got injured and we had to eat humble pie and play the regular keeper again and his heart obviously wasn't in it for the rest of the season.

Think it may have been Flowers and Royce, anyway my point is that Henderson knows he's the understudy and until we get rid of Big rab he should be the number 1 choice!

Rab is a good shot stopper i think, trouble is he doesn't instill confidence in his back four, he is to indecisive so no one is sure what he is going to do next. Also i get a real sinking feeling with corners, or crosses from the wing :unsure:

Still could do more harm than good to drop him the situation we are in

<_<

I can't tell for sure what it is, but he's been very shaky during our 11-game winless run and committed stupid errors during that stretch. For that, he deserved criticism.

I honestly don't know what we can expect from him for the future. Just with all other players, the Spurs game could've been an ignition and some sort of revelation.

For now, I'd stick with him.

While hes doing well it would be unfair to drop him, but definetly after the Norwich game I would have dropped him, but he seems to have picked up, still dodgy on crosses though but at least hes not felling oppo in the penalty area anymore.

I think Rab is one of the best shot stoppers in the league. His problems are everything else he has to deal with - crosses, rushing out, kicking etc. I have noticed a maked improvement in his rushing out, he has looked a lot sharper.

Crossing and kicking are still heart stopping moments, but if he mastered them, he would be the real deal and we would probably lose him, so catch 22. excuse the pun!

I say play him, he deserves to stay in for merit at the moment which has been the first time I can say that this season. You've got to feel sorry for Hendo though, what does he have to do to get a game?

Rab is a good shot stopper i think, trouble is he doesn't instill confidence in his back four, he is to indecisive so no one is sure what he is going to do next. Also i get a real sinking feeling with corners, or crosses from the wing :unsure:

Still could do more harm than good to drop him the situation we are in

<_<

I think that is one of our major problems this season and why we've given away so many silly goals.

As for a point made earlier about his coming out to block Keane against Spuds, he should have come a lot earlier, and in fact, as a result of his indecision, nearly cost us another goal.

Archived