Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimbo32

theres only one martin allen

martin allens just the man we need,look at what hes done at brentford,took them from certain relegation to promotion contenders.He is a aggresive man manager who wouldnt stand for peformances like ours .The players would soon realise that if they didnt buck up theyd be out.just the sort of man you need when your in the crap were in..... :angry:

Mad Dog is a class act, when he was the asst at Reading he was hilarious, constant practical joker but still got the job done. Was the main reason behind Pardews early success but got booted out because he was getting that bit to good and Pards didnt like it.

Hes just what we need, a right character who the players can relate to but very stern when hed needs to be!

There's every chance we could be swapping divisions with them, surely it'd be a step back for him. Not like he'd have money to burn at city

With great respect to both Matt and you I think you just haven't got a clue. IF Brentford get relegated and IF City go down we'll still be a higher profile club. That's just a fact of life and I cannot believe anyone could seriously hold the views you do. Still, we'll have to agree to disagree.....

He's gotta build his career at Brentford and he would have to build his career at Leicester, Leicester are a big club I still say Leicester are a big club, however Leicester are a shit team, We have those players here for 3 years.

If I was him i'd happily stay at Brentford. Just tell me a few plus's for him coming to Leicester? We're a big club..yeah...anymore plus's for him coming?

He's gotta build his career at Brentford and he would have to build his career at Leicester, Leicester are a big club I still say Leicester are a big club, however Leicester are a shit team, We have those players here for 3 years.

If I was him i'd happily stay at Brentford. Just tell me a few plus's for him coming to Leicester? We're a big club..yeah...anymore plus's for him coming?

To be fair we obvously have a good team, it's just the manager can't get them playing well when we need it, not just against the top teams.

I believe allen could get the team playing like they did against spurs week in week out.

To be fair we obvously have a good team, it's just the manager can't get them playing well when we need it, not just against the top teams.

I believe allen could get the team playing like they did against spurs week in week out.

When the players can be bothered...

1. Ambition.

2. Not many of the better jobs come up when things are going OK. So strike while the iron is hot.

2. Brentford wouldn't hesitate to sack him if results went against him, and he knows that.

3. Higher salary.

4. Better facilities.

Pointless to go on really because the whole argument is so obvious. Put it this way...if you were a football manager at Colchester or Wycombe would you refuse to join Sheffield Wednesday because they are temporarily sh**. All ambitious managers think they can be the one to restore former glories.....

I suggested Martin Allen months ago, ( well in response, to a thread about their being no alternative managers belive it or not I would still like to give CL the Cardiff game, )

Any way not only has he done all this good at Brentford as people have been saying, He's done it on the divisions lowest wage budget. Now thats not bad man management.

However much you have to think he would be attached to Brentford, I think he would have no option but to leave if we came in for him, he may well of been able to buy players who used to play for Yeading and Stevenage and get them to play well in League one. but if Brentford were to make it to our division, they would have by far the lowest transfere budget, a even lower wage budget, with alot of players (doing well this season granted) who have played non league for a large percentage of their carear. IMO they would finish rock bottom.

Shit as we may be at the minute we do have so much more potential then Brentford, who will already be getting Vertigo around the top of league one. Anybody who thinks Martin Allen would'nt leave Brentford just beacuse there is a small chance that we may be swapping divisions with them next season is barmy.

The only thing stopping him would be if he really is in love with the club, and I dont think for a second he is.

However, having had time to think about it im not totally convinced he would do a good job here straight away. I'm also extremly confident that any sacking of CL will reasult in this club being relegated, no matter who replaces him (baring a miracel from Rob Kelly). If Martin Allen can't save us, which lets be fair, is a big ask. For a new manager to come in, get to know the players, routines, the area ect ect, and turn around a miserable run of reasults at the click of a finger, is stupid. Not even MON managed that. Of course the minute we get cut a drift the boo boys turn on the reltively new manager, we all want Allen out, were back to the start again. In our current postion I think the last thing most fans will offer any new manager is patience.

Also another unfortuante thing is do we trust the board to appoint a manager like Martin Allen, as daft and stupid as some of the suggestions have been tonight, if Dennis Wise was given the Leicester job I would be lying if I said it was the strangest thing I have seen in football. Peter Reid, Wilkinson, Keegan (the worst man for this job ) all real possabilties.

Alot of you think of Levein as a terrible manager, some say tatically inept, some say bad signings, some say no motivational skills. Just remember who hired him, and who will hire his replacement should there be a need for one.

I agree, and also he would unlike Levein see the likes of “Kiswankerâ€Â, Douglas and Co. are just not good enough and hopefully play the better players in our squad.

If Martin Allen were to emerge as a serious candidate, I'd rather he was brought in at the end of the season than dropped straight into the frying-pan.

His win record at Brentford is pretty good, but I just worry he's, erm, loopy, and not the best at handling pressure.

He's off his rocker!

One of the most passionate managers in the game today , would be a great appointment.

He certainly would'nt let the team give anything less than 110%.

Yeah but that came even though we tried to stop it :P

I'd come to Leicester, I mean the time left on CLs contract is apparently worth £1million so we must be paying him well ...

He was only on £50,000 a year at Hearts.

My mates brother in law is a youth coach at brentford, and he seems to think it's only time before a bigger club poaches Allen, and that the club would be willing to let him go if the compensation package would be a big one!!!

But he doesn't fancy Leicester chances if they are relegated, Allen wants to manage at a higher level. My mates bro in law also reckons the are 'better' clubs out there that have shown interest in him including Derby, Forest, and Norwich!!!

Archived