Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

IT'S COTTERILL THEN !

All clues suggest that Burnley's Steve Cotterill will be officially named as Leicester City's new manager tomorrow morning.

Burnley chairman Brian Kilby confirmed he was set for crisis talks with Cotterill at the club today in which he was expected to offer an extended contract.

However a Manchester newspaper journalist has reportedly told his friend "bald reynard", a poster on Foxestalk who broke the Iain Hume story, that Burnley groundstaff have already revealed that Cotterill is saying his goodbyes and heading for Leicester.

Quite separately, Foxestalk poster Idea or Ikea says that he has heard that Cotterill is meeting with City officials after tonight's match against QPR (Burnley are at Brighton) for final talks then travelling to stay in Leicester overnight.

This links with news from the Burnley end saying the oficial announcement will be tomorrow morning.

A former Bournemouth and Wimbledon striker Cotterill, spent six months coaching at Leicester under Mickey Adams and knows many faces on the Board and around the ground.

He was an outstanding manager of Cheltenham, the best in their history, taking them from the Dr Martens Premier League through to firm establishment in the Football League.

If the appointment is confirmed it will be fairly popular.

Cotterill is criticised by some as a 4-5-1 merchant but that might have been the way he felt was best for his current club, Burnley, who have surprised many by occupying a place around the play-off places for a good part of this season.

Burnley beat City twice this year in dour games but Cotterill was demonstrably upset by the sale of striker Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United recently and his departure as a result would surprise no-one.

Indeed his team have struggled since and the consequence now looks like a complete change of scenery for Cotterill and the challenge of saving City's proud record of never having been out of the top two Divisions.

So What You Think to This True Or false

According to a Burnley fan, Derby have gone in for him too, so SC IS IN HIGH DEMAND.

All clues suggest that Burnley's Steve Cotterill will be officially named as Leicester City's new manager tomorrow morning.

Burnley chairman Brian Kilby confirmed he was set for crisis talks with Cotterill at the club today in which he was expected to offer an extended contract.

However a Manchester newspaper journalist has reportedly told his friend "bald reynard", a poster on Foxestalk who broke the Iain Hume story, that Burnley groundstaff have already revealed that Cotterill is saying his goodbyes and heading for Leicester.

Quite separately, Foxestalk poster Idea or Ikea says that he has heard that Cotterill is meeting with City officials after tonight's match against QPR (Burnley are at Brighton) for final talks then travelling to stay in Leicester overnight.

This links with news from the Burnley end saying the oficial announcement will be tomorrow morning.

A former Bournemouth and Wimbledon striker Cotterill, spent six months coaching at Leicester under Mickey Adams and knows many faces on the Board and around the ground.

He was an outstanding manager of Cheltenham, the best in their history, taking them from the Dr Martens Premier League through to firm establishment in the Football League.

If the appointment is confirmed it will be fairly popular.

Cotterill is criticised by some as a 4-5-1 merchant but that might have been the way he felt was best for his current club, Burnley, who have surprised many by occupying a place around the play-off places for a good part of this season.

Burnley beat City twice this year in dour games but Cotterill was demonstrably upset by the sale of striker Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United recently and his departure as a result would surprise no-one.

Indeed his team have struggled since and the consequence now looks like a complete change of scenery for Cotterill and the challenge of saving City's proud record of never having been out of the top two Divisions.

So What You Think to This True Or false

This is written by Thracian who posts on here. This is HIS OPINION, there are no facts to back it up. His opinions keep popping up on newsnow, which is wrong IMO as it's not bloody news!!

Don't know the exact address... something like vitalfootball

Shouldn't have read the Burnley site, I'm in a bad mood now. Why does everyone have to bring up the Admin thing everytime anything about City comes up? And why do these people alwasy believe everything they read??!! :mad:

Shouldn't have read the Burnley site, I'm in a bad mood now. Why does everyone have to bring up the Admin thing everytime anything about City comes up? And why do these people alwasy believe everything they read??!! :mad:

God knows, I was trying to explain on the board I was posting. Didn't get very far though.

I'd like to be first to post the news that our new manager is Steve Cotterill. This comes from my mate who's a journalist on the Manchester evening paper (the same who gave me the tip - the first posted on City sites - that Iain Hume was coming to us). Apparently the news won't be official until tomorrow morning (after the Burnley game). The spiel from our Burnley groundstaff friend that SC is saying goodbye to all at Turf Moor is probably right up to date then.

If this is true, be nice for him and burnley to beat brighton away, then perhaps another win down there in 10 days time.

Hows he done a good job? He's done an average job - not great but far from bad, that's why they're mid table each season. He's lost more games than he's won at this level, if he carries that here we're definately going to League 1. We need a manager used to winning games, obviously we'll have to dip into League 1 but we need our attacking play working on first.

He used to manage Cheltenham Town and took them from the Doctor Martins league to the Third Division and won the FA Trophy along the way. He then went to Stoke for a couple of months before joining Howard Wilkinson at Sunderland . Isn't much cop as an assistant as he seems to perform better as the main man but he seems to have the right credentials. And besides Burnley are higher than us in the league and if he can't keep us up no one can.

what worries me about cotterill is that, although he would be a good appointment in the long term, i'm not sure he can do the short term firefighting task of keeping city up.

i'd be much happier if he came in during the close season when he can have time with the players, get his ideas across and give his team time to develop.

look at his record when he took charge of stoke

P13 W3 D5 L5 that form would see us down

They must be listening to the voices in their heads - RL HAVE ANNOUNCED NO SUCH THING.

Just reciting what's on their site...mind you it's a bit trailer park up there! they do seem a bit resigned to losing him tho...and they're gutted!

Just reciting what's on their site...mind you it's a bit trailer park up there! they do seem a bit resigned to losing him tho...and they're gutted!

Gutted? Not really - initially but now not so sure. At the end of the day we've had other managers and we've others yet to come, just wish he'd sort it out.

And as for this

'but Cotterill was demonstrably upset by the sale of striker Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United recently and his departure as a result would surprise no-one.

Indeed his team have struggled since and the consequence now looks like a complete change of scenery for Cotterill and the challenge of saving City's proud record of never having been out of the top two Divisions'

That whole article is actually pure fiction - or at best interpretation. Our chairman has never discussed make or break talks or anything similar - he did say he had a meeting with the manager. As our game tonight against Brighton is our first since he was sold so just how have we been poor since he left? Of course if you are referring to our recent run (5 losses and a draw), thats with long term injuries back - so actually our strongest available squad

For what it's worth, if you are looking for a clue then on BBC local radio this evening they had spoken to our chairman earlier and he had said he would come on this evening, after the meeting with SC. After the meeting he contacted them to say he would rather not go on now. That to me is the most suggestive action of the whole situation. Still, if his current form keeps up you are down (5 losses and a draw in 6!!!!)

I make no apoligies for the following statement. He is a disgrace to football.

But he's our disgrace :ermm: Maybe.

I hope the board realise what type of manager Cotterill is.

I don't have time to email TD tonight but I urge everyone against Cotterill coming to do so.

Might be too late for that. :cry:

I to hope its Cotterill,took cheltenham from the confernence to the 2nd division,did ok at stoke and has done wonders for burnley,sure his style of play wont please the football purists,but hell who cares as long as we stay up !! please come steve save me walking in every morning and seeing faxes sent by derby scum taunting me that howard wilkinson will be the next boss

Archived