Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

IT'S COTTERILL THEN !

I'd like to be first to post the news that our new manager is Steve Cotterill. This comes from my mate who's a journalist on the Manchester evening paper (the same who gave me the tip - the first posted on City sites - that Iain Hume was coming to us). Apparently the news won't be official until tomorrow morning (after the Burnley game). The spiel from our Burnley groundstaff friend that SC is saying goodbye to all at Turf Moor is probably right up to date then.

Yet another " my Grandads uncles sisters Lesbian Lover cleans the toilets at Turf Moor and she said...."

that turns out to be utter rubbish.

Please dont post without anything concrete in future.

Yet another " my Grandads uncles sisters Lesbian Lover cleans the toilets at Turf Moor and she said...."

that turns out to be utter rubbish.

Please dont post without anything concrete in future.

Agreed!!! I did warn Bald Reynard, not to let me down, and he has!! Shame on you!!!!

He used to manage Cheltenham Town and took them from the Doctor Martins league to the Third Division and won the FA Trophy along the way. He then went to Stoke for a couple of months before joining Howard Wilkinson at Sunderland . Isn't much cop as an assistant as he seems to perform better as the main man but he seems to have the right credentials. And besides Burnley are higher than us in the league and if he can't keep us up no one can.

he took them from the conference to the third division actually. although as i live near Cheltenham i went to see alot when they were in div3 and they played good, flowing attacking football. However, he did like a big target man (like deep freeze im afraid!!) as he had one at cheltenhma in julian alsop and then akinbiyi at burnley...not the greatest news!!!

he took them from the conference to the third division actually. although as i live near Cheltenham i went to see alot when they were in div3 and they played good, flowing attacking football. However, he did like a big target man (like deep freeze im afraid!!) as he had one at cheltenhma in julian alsop and then akinbiyi at burnley...not the greatest news!!!

You sure ??? I also think he took them from the Doctor Martins league to Div3. But they only got promoted coz the champs Gresley Rovers were unable to meet the required capacity for Conference membership.

its wot i read anyway.

He was on sky sports news this morning saying that he wasn't sure if he could take Burnley any further and that he was dissapointed that his chairman wouldn't let him talk to us .

Yeah but he said that he has great relations with the Burnley chairman, he was one of the best he's ever worked with.

Agreed!!! I did warn Bald Reynard, not to let me down, and he has!! Shame on you!!!!

Now, I'm taking this criticism all very personally. So much so, that I've just on the phone to my mate in Manchester, who gave me the tip on Cotterill. I thought I was having it bad - he's getting hell from all the Claret boys ! HE INSISTS THE DEAL IS STILL LIKELY TO HAPPEN. His sources (a journalist is told to never reveal his sources - but he can 'give a clue' !) at Turf Moor (in the .......... I'VE EDITED THE LOCATION OF THE SOURCE OUT - I DON'T WANT TO GET ANYONE THE SACK !) say, "Cotterill's meeting with the Chairman today (the second in 2 days !) didn't go well from Burnley's point of view". "Cotterill is not happy with funds promised, is not happy with the Board's future plans AND IS NOT HAPPY THAT THE CHAIRMAN REFUSED HIM PERMISSION TO (at least) TALK TO LEICESTER". "The balls back in the Chairman's court - Cotterill wants permission to talk to the Leicester Board, but will not act unilaterally (ie won't leave of his own accord), unless it's done by the proper procedure".

SO THE SITUATION IS ONGOING - COTTERILL COULD STILL BE COMING - ITS DOWN TO THE BURNLEY CHAIRMAN HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS AND GIVING PERMISSION FOR HIM TO TALK TO US.

I hope City fans don't think I've led anyone up the garden path - the info IS good (I'm sure of my friend's facts) - but we're in a waiting position still.

Now, I'm taking this criticism all very personally. So much so, that I've just on the phone to my mate in Manchester, who gave me the tip on Cotterill. I thought I was having it bad - he's getting hell from all the Claret boys ! HE INSISTS THE DEAL IS STILL LIKELY TO HAPPEN. His sources (a journalist is told to never reveal his sources - but he can 'give a clue' !) at Turf Moor (in the .......... I'VE EDITED THE LOCATION OF THE SOURCE OUT - I DON'T WANT TO GET ANYONE THE SACK !) say, "Cotterill's meeting with the Chairman today (the second in 2 days !) didn't go well from Burnley's point of view". "Cotterill is not happy with funds promised, is not happy with the Board's future plans AND IS NOT HAPPY THAT THE CHAIRMAN REFUSED HIM PERMISSION TO (at least) TALK TO LEICESTER". "The balls back in the Chairman's court - Cotterill wants permission to talk to the Leicester Board, but will not act unilaterally (ie won't leave of his own accord), unless it's done by the proper procedure".

SO THE SITUATION IS ONGOING - COTTERILL COULD STILL BE COMING - ITS DOWN TO THE BURNLEY CHAIRMAN HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS AND GIVING PERMISSION FOR HIM TO TALK TO US.

I hope City fans don't think I've led anyone up the garden path - the info IS good (I'm sure of my friend's facts) - but we're in a waiting position still.

I would of thought you'd of learnt your lesson by now. The moral of the story is don't listen to speculation and take it as gospel... but you still are by the looks of things.

Did I mention, I use to go to Uni with Steve Cotterills faviourate rent boy and from what I hear the pillow talk this evening was mainly on the subject of how much he hated Leicester City, and that he would never even think about taking this job as the only thing we are fit for is bankrupcy.

Trust me my info is alot better then urs :rolleyes:

I would of thought you'd of learnt your lesson by now. The moral of the story is don't listen to speculation and take it as gospel... but you still are by the looks of things.

Did I mention, I use to go to Uni with Steve Cotterills faviourate rent boy and from what I hear the pillow talk this evening was mainly on the subject of how much he hated Leicester City, and that he would never even think about taking this job as the only thing we are fit for is bankrupcy.

Trust me my info is alot better then urs :rolleyes:

Do you ever say anything constructive? or do you just critisise every one that post's their 'OWN THOUGHTS' on this com?

I think:

a) You acted in good faith.

b) Your contacts are genuine and they have acted in good faith.

c) The goalposts have shifted as they can and frequently do with any negotiations.

d) Speculation is the fuel of email sites.

e) Even if you're subsequently wrong lots of people make mistakes (even tonight people have got the score wrong and scorers wrong from the reserves and it could happen to anyone who hasn't got video replays and friends/players/officials in their room or next door to confirm things with). Perfection in people doesn't exist.

f) Cotterill could still arrive and everything he says suggests he wants to underneath.

g) Newell should get up here quick.

g) Newell should get up here quick.

You may well be correct... this is from RN Fox on Talkingballs. (He is genuine as he broke the Fryatt story well in advance)

"Mike Newell will soon be named the new manager of LCFC.

A good friend of mine who works at Luton told me last night that Mike Newell will finish at Luton this week. I am a bit gutted as Steve Cotterill was the first choice and thats where my money went but we cannot seem to prise him away. Newell is the second choice and despite initially distancing himself from the job has now accepted the offer and will join us.#

Great young manager, a real scoop for the board and Tim Davies - come on you foxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You may well be correct... this is from RN Fox on Talkingballs. (He is genuine as he broke the Fryatt story well in advance)

"Mike Newell will soon be named the new manager of LCFC.

A good friend of mine who works at Luton told me last night that Mike Newell will finish at Luton this week. I am a bit gutted as Steve Cotterill was the first choice and thats where my money went but we cannot seem to prise him away. Newell is the second choice and despite initially distancing himself from the job has now accepted the offer and will join us.#

Great young manager, a real scoop for the board and Tim Davies - come on you foxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pleeeeease be true!

I'd love to see Newell here.

Archived