Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

IT'S COTTERILL THEN !

Ridicuous, if the man is given the job, we need to get behind him.

You all criticize him before he's started, but yet ur all right up Kelly's arse after one win, get a grip!

I've not criticised him, I would like Cotterill as manager. But I also appreciate what Rob Kelly's achieved tonight, a fantastic win and he deserved some praise for it too.

This is written by Thracian who posts on here. This is HIS OPINION, there are no facts to back it up. His opinions keep popping up on newsnow, which is wrong IMO as it's not bloody news!!

That is leads and bounds from Thrac's opinion. Thrac wants him no where near the club.

Reading the interview it does not sound quite so final as the text

"The Chairman has turned it down and that's how it is.

"I'm very privileged and honoured that Leicester have asked to speak to me and I thank them for that, but at the end of the day I'm manager of Burnley and I don't envisage that changing tomorrow or Saturday and we'll wait and see what develops now.

"I've had a chat with the Chairman today and we'll chat again tomorrow. He's made it known what he wants.'

link here http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.c...~776155,00.html

I'd like to be first to post the news that our new manager is Steve Cotterill. This comes from my mate who's a journalist on the Manchester evening paper (the same who gave me the tip - the first posted on City sites - that Iain Hume was coming to us). Apparently the news won't be official until tomorrow morning (after the Burnley game). The spiel from our Burnley groundstaff friend that SC is saying goodbye to all at Turf Moor is probably right up to date then.

I have just heard Steve Cotterill on radio Lancashire (Tuesday 31st Jan 11.15pm), he said is flattered with being linked with Leicester because "they know me", he's says he has "More talks planned with his chairman for tomorrow"(Wednesday feb 1st) and we will see what comes out of that". He did not sound as if he was on the point of leaving Burnley FC.

A couple of people I spoke to at the game tonight told me Cotterill had resigned. Having read this thread, I'm pleased to see he hasn't.

He may be the kind of manager to grind out results and keep us up but not with the kind of players we have. We have a team of footballers that don't play hoofball well. We need a manager to instill some confidence in the side and has the psychological apparatus for a fight, not someone that thinks ugly football is the sole answer.

Now maybe Cotterill could adapt his style but there's no way of knowing and taking him on as manager would be a huge risk.

Furthermore, could you really see Cotterill getting us promoted and then staying in the Premiership? Talk about about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Still, if he does become our next boss, I hope I'm proved wrong.

If he's the best we can get I'm even more worried than I was before.

But if he is coming I suppose there is nothing I can do about it, doesn't mean I'm gonna be happy about it though. :cry:

I am not going to get too excited if he comes like I was with craig, but I think been realistic we not going to draw any manager who is in a playoff or promotion spot. I warned about the dangers of sacking craig too late, any manager moving would want a transfer window before he is in the fray, the new manager wont have this, their is also limited games left to keep us up.

last nights game just strengthened the thought that we should stick with Rob Kelly for a bit for me. I guess it just shows how much of the strings Levein must have been pulling beforehand. Christ if he can turn Kisnorbo from a shambles of a player to a rocksolid defender then he must be doing something right. Fingers crossed that we can beat Wolves.. they now have Alliadiere =/ :unsure:

I don't know if Cotterill will be a good manager for us, it seems nobody can make a success of it here but he's definately got the credentials to get this club out of the mess it's in.

He's a motivator from what I gather and that's what we need. I'll be happy if he becomes our manager.

Dont think MON would agree with your success comment.

I do however feel that Cotterill still has a lot to learn and agree that if he does come to the club and we do stay up then he would become a saviour. Mind you afetr Mr Kellys efforts do we need to look else where?

COM ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

last nights game just strengthened the thought that we should stick with Rob Kelly for a bit for me. I guess it just shows how much of the strings Levein must have been pulling beforehand. Christ if he can turn Kisnorbo from a shambles of a player to a rocksolid defender then he must be doing something right. Fingers crossed that we can beat Wolves.. they now have Alliadiere =/ :unsure:

A lot of people on this site have been saying that under Levein Kisnorbo had been played out of position to often and this explaned why he was seen as been out of his depth. I am glad he played well because I dont like our supporters booing their own players. On ya Kisnorbo and may the rocksolid defense continue.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

That is leads and bounds from Thrac's opinion. Thrac wants him no where near the club.

You are right. He would not be my choice. But it is not my decision to make. The story was a speculative one based on the bald reynard post and other items, both here and in Lancashire..

But before everyone doubts the good faith of the Bald Reynard tip it was posted at 3.58 and could well have been substantially true because the meeting with Cotterill and the Burnley manager was held yesterday and something clearly happened at that meeting to change Cotterill's stance dramatically (as the Burnley OS report indicates)

Not least concerning his potential new contract (terms would doubtless have been revealed) and then there was his suddenly cooled feelings about Akinbiyi..

It remains my view that he was intent on joining Leicester very shortly, but had his arm twisted.

Loads of people have fully intended to join a firm or a football club and been persuaded otherwise at the last moment. I'd imagine the Burnley chairman could be quite persuasive after the fee they got for Akinbiyi.

I'm not convinced Cotterill has firmly closed the door but if he does stay in Burnley I certainly don't mind. Newell was my choice but after last night I'm happy to see Kelly keep charge for now. Especially if he really starts showing faith in youth.

from official site

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill was a man in demand at the post match press conference, following the draw his side picked up against Brighton and Hove Albion at the Withdean Stadium.

He started with his thoughts on the game and said: "It was a tough match on a hard pitch and the ball didn't seem to stick for either side.

"But a clean sheet is important and we know we may not be free scoring now, so it's just as important that we concentrate on the other end of the pitch.

"It will be nice to be back at home on Saturday because we've had nothing but travelling and hopefully there will be a decent crowd there and they can get right behind the boys now through to the end of the season.

"With the transfer deadline gone, we need to regroup again and save the money that we've got and hopefully it will earn a bit of interest.

"It's not fair on the Chairman to give the figure, but 'most of it' is not quite the amount we have to spend.

"There is a fair bit to speculate with now though and maybe we have to look at where we're going to spend it carefully."

Cotterill gave his thoughts on the departure of Ade Akinbiyi for the first time too, saying: "I'm philosophical about it now, but I wasn't when he went.

"Things go on though and Burnley Football Club is bigger than all of us and Ade's gone. We will miss his presence, he's a fantastic lad and one of the best I've ever worked with so I was upset when he went and I was as close as I can be to crying.

"We turned him into a £2 million player again so we must have done something right with him and we wish him all the best and I expect him to be the top scorer in the Championship."

Michael Ricketts made his debut for the Clarets after arriving at the club on loan on Monday and Cotterill added: "He's not the same as Ade, but that was his first game in almost a month and I thought he worked hard and did well to say he only met the lads this morning.

"I've heard and read a lot of things and rumours about him, but I've taken no notice of that because I've only had him for a day and I just can't see what it is that people say about him and I think I'm a pretty good judge of a person."

The big question was over the approach from Leicester City for his services earlier in the week though and Cotterill said: "The Chairman has turned it down and that's how it is.

"I'm very privileged and honoured that Leicester have asked to speak to me and I thank them for that, but at the end of the day I'm manager of Burnley and I don't envisage that changing tomorrow or Saturday and we'll wait and see what develops now.

"I've had a chat with the Chairman today and we'll chat again tomorrow. He's made it known what he wants.

"A new contract might come out of it and it will look like it's on the back of Leicester, that may happen but there are a few other things that we need to talk about.

"I did take exception to one fan tonight though, who shouted 'Cotterill, when are you going?' at me.

"I don't like being called 'Cotterill' at the best of times and if he'd said 'Steve' and asked me politely, I'd have told him.

"Maybe he might be big enough if he reads this to come down and apologise because I've got a sneaky feeling who it is too.

"If he's that bothered he can come on knock on my office door because I'll be in bright and early at 7am on Thursday morning as I normally am!"

[iP address logged]

Posted by enola_gay on 31 Jan 23:05 Complain | Reply

re: re: re: re: re: re: Cotterill interview ...

This is the full interview from steve Cotterill after their game with Brighton. I don't think he is coming to Leicester at all! Just media hype! :ermm:

A lot of people on this site have been saying that under Levein Kisnorbo had been played out of position to often and this explaned why he was seen as been out of his depth. I am glad he played well because I dont like our supporters booing their own players. On ya Kisnorbo and may the rocksolid defense continue.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Not sure about the rock solid defence bit. From the report it seems we gave away two bad goals by leaving men unmarked...sound familiar. Don't get me wrong l was bouncing of the ceiling when hughes's goal flashed up on the telly but all of a sudden Kelly is being hailed as a hero, after one game.

I'm not sure the Cotterill matter has run it's course and we are still in the mire.

However if it falls to Kelly and he gets the kind of effort out of the team as he did last night then we have a chance.

id back cotts if he came but if the guy is farting around then fook him and move on to the next guy.

just how good is that notts county bloke? i know kamara on ssn was singing his praises on this manager of the month nominations thingy. :dunno:

Archived